PDA

View Full Version : New From NC

Kriptkeeper
12-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Hiya Guys, Just a brief note to say Hello and see if I can't learn a few tricks from you guys.

I have 2 crews running mainly ExMark mowers. Lazer Z's, TT HP's, CC, and other items. I prefer ExMark, Stihl Blowers and trimmers. Things are good here. Just waiting for February to come back around so we can get back to work.

old oak lawn
12-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Welcome to LawnSite. If you get a chance post some pictures of your set up. ( we might learn something from you) Did you mean March ? February in cold.

Kriptkeeper
12-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Old Oak,

I'll try and get some pictures on this week. I've been really busy the past couple of months bidding and taking on new jobs. I only have 7 residentials and the rest are commercial accounts. All my accounts are year round so the work slows down in the winter but the paychecks keep coming in. I have 3 townhome communities, 3 large retail sites, and the rest are private businesses. I have bid on over 1.5 million in the past 4 weeks so things have been busy. I'm hoping that just a few of those will come through. It would be nice if they all came through. Bought a new TT HP yesterday and it's ready to rock and roll.

I am waiting on a bid in which the owner is very choosy and picky about how his lawn looks. His business is right by the main highway here and he really wants it looking good for passerbys. I have thought about getting a walker just for his account. His account would increase revenue by about 65K a year, however, I think I am leaning more toward the Navigator. The Navigator requires less maintenance and with all the research I have done, it cuts just as good as the walker. The Navigator also seems to be better built with tubular frame, etc... I know people here prefer Walkers but I think it is because Walker has been around longer and has a longer track record. The Nav has only been around for 4 years plus it cost less. I know the walker has more attachments but I'm not sure I would need any of those. I just need a good clean cut well striped for this guy. If any of you guys have a Navigator, please let me know what your thought are.

DLAWNS
12-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Old Oak,

I'll try and get some pictures on this week. I've been really busy the past couple of months bidding and taking on new jobs. I only have 7 residentials and the rest are commercial accounts. All my accounts are year round so the work slows down in the winter but the paychecks keep coming in. I have 3 townhome communities, 3 large retail sites, and the rest are private businesses. I have bid on over 1.5 million in the past 4 weeks so things have been busy. I'm hoping that just a few of those will come through. It would be nice if they all came through. Bought a new TT HP yesterday and it's ready to rock and roll.

I am waiting on a bid in which the owner is very choosy and picky about how his lawn looks. His business is right by the main highway here and he really wants it looking good for passerbys. I have thought about getting a walker just for his account. His account would increase revenue by about 65K a year, however, I think I am leaning more toward the Navigator. The Navigator requires less maintenance and with all the research I have done, it cuts just as good as the walker. The Navigator also seems to be better built with tubular frame, etc... I know people here prefer Walkers but I think it is because Walker has been around longer and has a longer track record. The Nav has only been around for 4 years plus it cost less. I know the walker has more attachments but I'm not sure I would need any of those. I just need a good clean cut well striped for this guy. If any of you guys have a Navigator, please let me know what your thought are.

Welcome to Lawnsite! I highly recommend the Navigator. It leaves a great cut, less maintenance, and overall no problems with it. Best of luck to ya and let us know what you decide.

old oak lawn
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Kriptkeeper sounds like you are doing good, hope you get those bids. I could not help you on your mower choice because i have never used earthier one. I was thinking of getting a Walker for those customers that need a perfect lawn but i most of our customers just want it cut. And we do a lot of city work and it is not worth the cost at this point. Good luck with your choice.

arborist-28
12-07-2009, 10:38 AM
good luck to you bud..there is plenty of grass to cut in your area..stay busy..c