PDA

View Full Version : grrr, i need new tires

mike lane lawn care
12-05-2009, 08:51 PM
So its snowing out, and my HT tires don't seem to like it. Seems like they did a lot better last year. Sucks because I just spent $600 on new brakes and a battery. I suppose it figures. So I'm looking at some transforce AT's this time.
Posted via Mobile Device

360ci
12-05-2009, 09:08 PM
A/Ts are a great all around tire. Personally, I'd go with BFG A/T's. I'm STILL running my BFG Long Tail T/As (no longer made) and passed the 60K mark and they still look like new and handle great. I'm sure in another five years I'll need a new set, if the nails stay away.

For my Dodge, I can install 'premium' pads and rotors for $180 with tax here in Ontario; that's including my own labour of course. I'm in the same boat though; my CarQuest battery is two years old and corrding badly every couple of months. I'll most likely replace it with a unit from Costco. Warranty is better than most for my area. Rear drums/shoes cost me $220, and another $28 for a leaking wheel cylinder. Took me two hours to change them out but I saved a ton in labour costs.

Gravel Rat
12-05-2009, 11:13 PM
If you still have lots of tread left you can have the tires siped it will get you through the winter.

I know what its like to spend a pile of money on a truck then have to spend more.

mike lane lawn care
12-06-2009, 01:54 AM
If you still have lots of tread left you can have the tires siped it will get you through the winter.

I know what its like to spend a pile of money on a truck then have to spend more.

I just looked up to what that was, where would I get this done?

Gravel Rat
12-06-2009, 03:43 AM
If you have enough tread depth any good tire shop can sipe a tire. Siping tires helps winter traction even if you have a tire that isn't that good in the snow.

It may save you some money and get you through the winter.

360ci
12-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Siping also helps promote even wear. I had this done on my old tires, but here in Canada, they range from $20-40 a tire depending on the shop. I didn't get it done on my BFG Long Trails since they're fairly decent on their own