PDA

View Full Version : Err|||

packey
12-05-2009, 11:41 PM
This last month has been pure crazy. I have been manageing a private estate and I thought things where going well until the week before thanksgiving.. When I was told I would be let go. No reason except he said he was going to go in another direction. I went to file unemployment and found out the owner had not been paying into unemplyment insurance properly. I then spoke with a friend of mine this week to find out the Estate was being sold and a new owner would be looking for an estate manager again. at this point I am not sure what I am going to do. I am looking at starting back up on my own, however I am not sure which direction I am going to go. I have my Texas TDA Lic as well as my texas Irrigators Lic I am just without any equipment any suggestions in the direction I should take this. I guess if I start over I know which mistakes to avid ha ha.

CkLandscapingOrlando
12-06-2009, 06:48 AM
I would get some equipment and a lawyer. The guy will have a poket full of money after this sale

delphied
12-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Because he didnt file properly, you dont get unemployment? Something isnt right here. Did you have an under the table deal?

packey
12-06-2009, 09:40 AM
No under the table deals. The unemployment office is telling me their was money paid in to a person . However the person was not me completely different social numbers. I did talk with a lawyer and He believes this is an easy case. What is really is weird I have last years w-2's and they are right I am just frustrated to the hilt with things. Next question does anyone in Texas have a good or broken 48 inch walk behind for sale. I guess I will check the for sale items in the other forum. I went out late last night and took stock of my bits and peices at my fathers shop. I think I can get a yazoo s24 up and going as well as a 21 inch snapper I need to find another bag for it though. I have my old stihl weed eater, I think it is an fs 85 I just need to replace the cable shaft on it. So for around here all I am missing is a good blower, edger and a decent sized walk behind. Well the good news is I have a couple of months to get equipment back going and cleaned up

delphied
12-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Why not call your state congress rep?

santafe
12-06-2009, 09:48 AM
why wouldn't you have a good chance of getting your position back with the new owner?
because, if you have the same problem in texas that i have, then everybody and his brother are grabbing a mower. However if you want to be self employed then more power to ya.

packey
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I am not sure I want to go back. I was happier running my own show and busting my tail for myself. Don't get me wrong I loved working the estate. Where else could I play with toys that as a small business owner I could only dream about. I guess the big thing now is if I go back into business can I survive. I think I can. I have the experience to go into the high end estate business and the contacts. I have the lic's to offer complete packages which most of the owners around here like. One company one check. On the other hand the estate manager is a solid constant pay check. I have even thourght of seeing if I could private contract the old estate. At this point everything is still up in the air.