PDA

View Full Version : Lawn maintenance under 80.00$ a month how is it posible?

Perfect touch landscapes
12-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Some states where lawns are to small,grass is moist most of the time, types of grasses are to gentle for Any mowers over 400 pounds, lawns are bagged edged , trimmed if not for full property maintenance how can big companies do it? 3- 4 employees present at all times all for about 80-100$
Posted via Mobile Device

dKoester
12-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Every Employee should know what they are supposed to be doing so when you have 3-4 the job gets done super quick and you have no wasted time then on to the next. As far as the know what they are supposed to be doing part, thats the managers responsibility. When you run efficient you have a leg up on your competition. Many companies don't even measure lawns. They probably don't even know what their production rate is.

joel29m
12-06-2009, 01:10 AM
for a residence that sounds ok, but for a business property,:confused: a no can do.

Perfect touch landscapes
12-06-2009, 01:16 AM
When you add up travel overhead even if 4 guys are there 10 minutes that's aprx 20-30$ cost to owner how can they do it for 20.00 and what about month you mow 5 times
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect touch landscapes
12-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Ok then what is that you have a leg up on me if let's say are overhead is about same my guys kick ass just like yours I got top notch equipment yet I bid 160.00 what you bid 80.00 on I just can't come to sences knowing that allot of owners don't get 70.000 out of each worker( a year ofcourse) how much is your standard per men
Posted via Mobile Device

dKoester
12-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Its simple its called HOA's.

joel29m
12-06-2009, 01:29 AM
im solo, and my prices vary on the size of the property and what i have to do everytime i cut, im not gonna charge someone 160.00 a month to do an 160 by 20 lot once a week, theyll just tell me to kiss their ass. you might find a duck every once in a while, but now days people are too damn cheap.

Perfect touch landscapes
12-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Hoas here actually bigger worst it h gets some guys pros cut acre for like 20.00Most of them I think don't know what acre is they will mow 7000 for 27$ and 3 acres for 75
Posted via Mobile Device

dKoester
12-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Then it sounds like you have problems.

joel29m
12-06-2009, 02:40 AM
here it's about 50 dollars an acre. The other way around they'll have to kiss my ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

dKoester
12-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Find a wholesale plant nursery and sell plants.

joel29m
12-06-2009, 02:48 AM
I have a yard that's half an acre that I cut, mow, trim edge and blow for 70.00 biweekly since it's covered with trees causing the grass to grow slow and thin.
Posted via Mobile Device

dKoester
12-06-2009, 02:52 AM
When you have been around awhile people recognize your company from the scrubs. Word of mouth advertising.

CkLandscapingOrlando
12-06-2009, 07:59 AM
10 min at 3 guy's is .5 man hr.That would put you at 40 man hr. So if it's costing you 15 a guy per hr your still making 25 an hr per guy and not working. Thats 75 per man hr for you to sit on your butt. The key is to stack the work one after another to get rid of down time. With 3 guy's by the time the mower shuts off the blower is shuting off and the third guy is finishing up the detail.

ed2hess
12-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Ask yourself how much you are including in the mow price for your labor and you might have the answer.

ALC-GregH
12-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Come on now, a guy that can spread 10 yards of mulch an hour and you can't figure this out. :hammerhead:

MikeKle
12-06-2009, 12:18 PM
I figure in obstacles more so than anything else when bidding a property, thats what slows things down. I know a guy who strictly does trailer parks, very small yards, but lots of fences, yard decorations, etc., his biggest mower is 36" and he has 3 guys with him. His average charge is around $15.-20. I dont see how he does it.

unkownfl
12-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Here in Florida for 80 bucks a month you have to do everything almost. Hedge, mow, blow, string trim, edge, and weed control in beds.

Perfect touch landscapes
12-06-2009, 12:32 PM
10 min at 3 guy's is .5 man hr.That would put you at 40 man hr. So if it's costing you 15 a guy per hr your still making 25 an hr per guy and not working. Thats 75 per man hr for you to sit on your butt. The key is to stack the work one after another to get rid of down time. With 3 guy's by the time the mower shuts off the blower is shuting off and the third guy is finishing up the detail.

You must not pay gas insuranse or have tens and tens of thousands od dollars running the business if you do math like that by subtracting 15 out of 40 I can only imagine your accounting you must not pay guys for traveling time and I bet there is no traininig or firing or any of that work done you kist have new hires show up and start weedin 1 st minute and they don't stop till they clck out if you making 75$ an our sitting on your butt you must be so good things just happens on it's own
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect touch landscapes
12-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Here in Florida for 80 bucks a month you have to do everything almost. Hedge, mow, blow, string trim, edge, and weed control in beds.

I keep hearing that , but explain to me how you guys have more multy dollar. Companys then anywhere I have seen . Some guys do 200.000.000-500.000.000 a year tell me how is that posible ( I understand that's not just mowing. I got to make 1 per men per hour to make money
Posted via Mobile Device

unkownfl
12-06-2009, 12:43 PM
I keep hearing that , but explain to me how you guys have more multy dollar. Companys then anywhere I have seen . Some guys do 200.000.000-500.000.000 a year tell me how is that posible ( I understand that's not just mowing. I got to make 1 per men per hour to make money
Posted via Mobile Device

Its easy I work solo and can complete a yard in less then 20 mins. One week I trim the hedges the next I spray the beds. Every week I mow, edge, string trim, and blow. A three man crew or can complete 40-60 lawns a day. There is no shortage of lawns to mow either. If you can get 10-20 lawns in a 200-300 home sub you can make tons of money. Then if you land a mall or shopping center your doing great. You have to remember our pay is really low compared to everywhere else. The company's like valley crest pay about 8-12 per hour and the foreman is making 10-14. Shop rent is cheap like maybe 1000 per month and you can squeeze 20 truck in. 50 lawns a day is 1000 bucks minus 350 in labor 150 in gas and equipment cost and 100 in insurance and misc. Your making 400 a crew per day. Times that buy 20 crews thats 8000 per day. I know my figures are off a little and they probable make 250 a day per crew but still thats a lot once you have 20-200 crews.

XLS
12-06-2009, 12:44 PM
You must not pay gas insuranse or have tens and tens of thousands od dollars running the business if you do math like that by subtracting 15 out of 40 I can only imagine your accounting you must not pay guys for traveling time and I bet there is no traininig or firing or any of that work done you kist have new hires show up and start weedin 1 st minute and they don't stop till they clck out if you making 75$ an our sitting on your butt you must be so good things just happens on it's own
Posted via Mobile Device

perfect touch how many crews do you have opperating ???? it appears one including yourself

we dont pay drive time, if you aint working we aint making money you aint getting paid

we train but at a contracted pay
how much over head do you have ? we only have to make $1000 a month before legals and fuel and labor . and you question why someone can do it and you cant , people need to grasp this , everyone goals amd expectations are different , and due to such facts so can prices be.

XLS
12-06-2009, 12:49 PM
unknownfl . truth is its LS propaganda only , every big ,smart company has cheap labor and equipment , its just no one admits it .
heck we have guys working for $40.oo a day for 12-14 hours. its just ecconomic times
and with 20 business locations we pay 1000 in rent monthly and have no other major expenses

CkLandscapingOrlando
12-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

First of all buddy you need to stop asuming crap. I got a mill in liability, 1 on the truck and 2 umbrella. I got a liscense for every thing I do. I ran a 6 man crew for proscape and knocked out 350 houses in one zero lot line complex in a day. Detail the next and retention ponds. 10hr the first day so 60hr. 4hr the next so 24hr. so 84hr. 84 at 15 an hr 1260 a week. 350 at just 10 is 3500. So lets say you throw a 1000 back in the comp you still got 1240 a week after taking out 2260. Thats just 2 days there buddy. Maybe you need to work on production. I charge 30 a cut or a 100 a month min on my resi and a single guy can knock out 15 up to 30 a day if there next to each other with no drive. Let them br zero lot line one guy can take out 50. Every thing sprayed out with gly you all but cut all line trimming your detail is tight so a rake is rare or you save most detail for winter when allowing for proper growth. If it takes you more than 5min to edge you should just go home. Production is how we Florida boys and all big comps make money. I've seen guy's talk about an hr a house for a norm lot here. Dude your fired. Walk home if you need to.

Further more the guy asked how big comps do it. I did'nt say crap about myself in the first post. I said how big comps do it. I've been doing landscape design instalation and maint for 17yr and and 14 of those was working for some of the biggiest in the state and nation. So please dont tell me how I run things. I'm on here to help not ask for help

XLS
12-06-2009, 01:28 PM
First of all buddy you need to stop asuming crap. I got a mill in liability, 1 on the truck and 2 umbrella. I got a liscense for every thing I do. I ran a 6 man crew for proscape and knocked out 350 houses in one zero lot line complex in a day. Detail the next and retention ponds. 10hr the first day so 60hr. 4hr the next so 24hr. so 84hr. 84 at 15 an hr 1260 a week. 350 at just 10 is 3500. So lets say you throw a 1000 back in the comp you still got 1240 a week after taking out 2260. Thats just 2 days there buddy. Maybe you need to work on production. I charge 30 a cut or a 100 a month min on my resi and a single guy can knock out 15 up to 30 a day if there next to each other with no drive. Let them br zero lot line one guy can take out 50. Every thing sprayed out with gly you all but cut all line trimming your detail is tight so a rake is rare or you save most detail for winter when allowing for proper growth. If it takes you more than 5min to edge you should just go home. Production is how we Florida boys and all big comps make money. I've seen guy's talk about an hr a house for a norm lot here. Dude your fired. Walk home if you need to.

Further more the guy asked how big comps do it. I did'nt say crap about myself in the first post. I said how big comps do it. I've been doing landscape design instalation and maint for 17yr and and 14 of those was working for some of the biggiest in the state and nation. So please dont tell me how I run things. I'm on here to help not ask for help

AMEN Brother they cant grasp how it posible to do a 6-10k in 6 mins and be totally completed , they think its a sh^ty job everytime you make the statement. production or find another job AMEN

mslawn
12-06-2009, 01:30 PM
heck we have guys working for $40.oo a day for 12-14 hours. its just ecconomic times

Is this legal ?

XLS
12-06-2009, 01:40 PM
if they come to me and say they will do it i call the accountant we work for and he files it as contracted employee . because the employee called the price , we pay his taxes in full so it is legal . we dont set their hours they set ther own , we pay for on job time only and it is up to them to keep working .

XLS
12-06-2009, 01:44 PM
there time card looks like this

miss jones
job hrs
mowing .3
trimming .2
blowing .015
weeding .023
debris .2
total hr .738

then they may complete 20 lawns or what ever. this encurages tight routes
most of our accounts are like 20 -to 500 in one location

XLS
12-06-2009, 01:49 PM
we require the crew to account for every task they complete to the minute
we pay out on the time card and nothing for drivetime and other variables

coolluv
12-06-2009, 01:52 PM
if they come to me and say they will do it i call the accountant we work for and he files it as contracted employee . because the employee called the price , we pay his taxes in full so it is legal . we dont set their hours they set ther own , we pay for on job time only and it is up to them to keep working .

Are they using your equipment and trucks? Do they come to your shop or do they use their own trucks and equipment? IRS has set rules as to who is a independent contractor and who is not. Which I'm sure you know with the size of your organization. Please explain.

Dave...

XLS
12-06-2009, 02:08 PM
for the most part it is their truck my equipment and their locations as wall ( it is compaire dto a franchise with out the legality

XLS
12-06-2009, 02:09 PM
we advertise an area sn when the books get a few we hire a local guy and bring him in to train then set him up with equipment and give him guidlines he follows and off he goes ,

dKoester
12-06-2009, 03:39 PM
AMEN Brother they cant grasp how it posible to do a 6-10k in 6 mins and be totally completed , they think its a sh^ty job everytime you make the statement. production or find another job AMEN

I agree 100%. If your crews know what they are doing your going to have speed and quality in harmony.

XLS
12-06-2009, 03:48 PM
mslawn it is considered contracted laboror when someone works for themselves or makes less then x amount per year in payrole then they are required to pay their own taxes on their pay as well taking the berdon of taxes upon themselves.

coolluv
12-06-2009, 05:46 PM
for the most part it is their truck my equipment and their locations as wall ( it is compaire dto a franchise with out the legality

I have a hard time reading your posts but if they are using your equipment then according to the IRS they are your employees.

Dave...

Yater
12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
I have a hard time reading your posts but if they are using your equipment then according to the IRS they are your employees.

Dave...

Yup....and if you are setting their schedules/routes/hours, guess what....they're an employee.

unkownfl
12-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Dave...

Not if you lease the equipment to them from another corp you setup.

XLS
12-06-2009, 06:11 PM
and i never once said i set their scheduals .
we simply supply the guidelines

IRS has audited 3 times in 10 years trust me i know them well

XLS
12-06-2009, 06:13 PM
unknown i think you have seen me talk about the different names we have . but truly i dont claim there not my employees we do their taxes .

unkownfl
12-06-2009, 06:24 PM
unknown i think you have seen me talk about the different names we have . but truly i dont claim there not my employees we do their taxes .

No I have no idea about what you do. I was just saying there is a lot of ways to skin a cat thats all. I personally put my equipment in one name and lease to the other that I work under. My home is under another. Pretty much I don't own anything I just control it. :rolleyes:

Yater
12-06-2009, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=unkownfl;3308841]No I have no idea about what you do. I was just saying there is a lot of ways to skin a cat thats all. I personally put my equipment in one name and lease to the other that I work under. My home is under another. Pretty much I don't own anything I just control it. [QUOTE]

Riiiight....

unkownfl
12-06-2009, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=unkownfl;3308841]No I have no idea about what you do. I was just saying there is a lot of ways to skin a cat thats all. I personally put my equipment in one name and lease to the other that I work under. My home is under another. Pretty much I don't own anything I just control it. [QUOTE]

Riiiight....

I'm sick and tired of you dude. If you don't believe anything maybe you will go to hell to. My whole family has been in business since they got of the boat from Germany, and even there they had a gas station and repair facility. Here we own the Mercedes dealer, a towing and recovery business and my father is a Realtor. I still don't understand why you think I'm some uneducated ****** oh I know why I bother to prove myself to you.

XLS
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
This is kind of how i feel on here too , you explain something for some duche to rearange your words and call bs again i love it

CkLandscapingOrlando
12-06-2009, 07:08 PM
He's right all the way from what my lawyer has said. In fact that was is advise to me was to contract all the work and lease every thing to the guys doing the work. Whoops, I do every thing under the teble so I dont have a lawyer. From the way some of these guy's talk I need to sit down and write up a manual on quality production and get me a package going. Or maybe start a consultant firm for stream lining landscapes.

santafe
12-06-2009, 07:09 PM
does lawn site have a referee? where is Ed Hochuli when you need him?

Yater
12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=Yater;3308881][QUOTE=unkownfl;3308841]No I have no idea about what you do. I was just saying there is a lot of ways to skin a cat thats all. I personally put my equipment in one name and lease to the other that I work under. My home is under another. Pretty much I don't own anything I just control it.

I'm sick and tired of you dude. If you don't believe anything maybe you will go to hell to. My whole family has been in business since they got of the boat from Germany, and even there they had a gas station and repair facility. Here we own the Mercedes dealer, a towing and recovery business and my father is a Realtor. I still don't understand why you think I'm some uneducated ****** oh I know why I bother to prove myself to you.

Don't claim to be an engineer applying to med school and you won't get called out.

Undergrad curriculum:

Applicants are expected to have a firm foundation in the biological and physical sciences. It is preferable that students have taken courses in biology, organic chemistry, biochemistry, genetics, cell biology, physics, and mathematics. Actual course requirements, however, are not fixed and students with outstanding records in any area of the biological sciences may qualify for admission. There are no specific grade requirements for prior course work, but a strong performance in basic science courses is of great importance for admission. Letters of recommendation and undergraduate research activities are also important factors in the admissions process.

All applicants must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). In special cases, the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) may be substituted. To avoid delay in the admissions process, applicants are urged to take the GRE in September, and not later than December. Students whose native language is not English are asked to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

Approximately five new students enter the program each year.

unkownfl
12-06-2009, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=unkownfl;3308895][QUOTE=Yater;3308881]

Don't claim to be an engineer applying to med school and you won't get called out.

Undergrad curriculum:

Applicants are expected to have a firm foundation in the biological and physical sciences. It is preferable that students have taken courses in biology, organic chemistry, biochemistry, genetics, cell biology, physics, and mathematics. Actual course requirements, however, are not fixed and students with outstanding records in any area of the biological sciences may qualify for admission. There are no specific grade requirements for prior course work, but a strong performance in basic science courses is of great importance for admission. Letters of recommendation and undergraduate research activities are also important factors in the admissions process.

All applicants must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). In special cases, the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) may be substituted. To avoid delay in the admissions process, applicants are urged to take the GRE in September, and not later than December. Students whose native language is not English are asked to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

I never proclaimed to be going to med school or even applying. My first step is to take all the classes I need to have a bachelors in Bio first. Stop putting word in my mouth and stop ruining other peoples threads. If you have a problem PM me or show up at my front door which ever you prefer.
If you have a job for me as a engineer I will take that too. You may contact my previous employer Progress Energy Florida Power division, Florida Power and Lights and finally Pike Electric Inc. out of Mt Airy NC

XLS
12-06-2009, 07:14 PM
i wish i could do under the table , it would be so nice . my dream would be cash only but thats not happening lol

CkLandscapingOrlando
12-06-2009, 08:07 PM
You did'nt call him out on anything regarding education. What does him going to med school have to do with this thread? How do you even know what that man is doing on his own time?[QUOTE=unkownfl;3308895][QUOTE=Yater;3308881]

Undergrad curriculum:

Perfect touch landscapes
12-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Its easy I work solo and can complete a yard in less then 20 mins. One week I trim the hedges the next I spray the beds. Every week I mow, edge, string trim, and blow. A three man crew or can complete 40-60 lawns a day. There is no shortage of lawns to mow either. If you can get 10-20 lawns in a 200-300 home sub you can make tons of money. Then if you land a mall or shopping center your doing great. You have to remember our pay is really low compared to everywhere else. The company's like valley crest pay about 8-12 per hour and the foreman is making 10-14. Shop rent is cheap like maybe 1000 per month and you can squeeze 20 truck in. 50 lawns a day is 1000 bucks minus 350 in labor 150 in gas and equipment cost and 100 in insurance and misc. Your making 400 a crew per day. Times that buy 20 crews thats 8000 per day. I know my figures are off a little and they probable make 250 a day per crew but still thats a lot once you have 20-200 crews.
When was that day you had a brake througt and crews started to add up faster then you wanted or what was a decision you made to make that possible and what state are you out off, and how many years have you been working
Posted via Mobile Device

CkLandscapingOrlando
12-06-2009, 09:55 PM
I dont understand. I read both post and I dont understand

Perfect touch landscapes
12-06-2009, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=XLS;3308443]perfect touch how many crews do you have opperating ???? it appears one including yourself

we dont pay drive time, if you aint working we aint making money you aint getting paid

how much over head do you have ? I must be to greedy I work for 4 people so how can I be ok with 30$ my overhead is about 21$ per hour per truck with out any employees I have hard time anyone decent wanting to work for 10 how you find people to work for 40 I don't know here we got no Hispanics or many guys who are willing to put in full day even at 10-12 , now how many crews I got I'll leave that blank for my own reasons but I try to figure out how to cut overhead down ,here we need to travel quete a bit and even if you pick up 20 accounts they will not last due to divorse ,allot of older population retiring every other resident has a trailer and I kid you not 1 out of 5 people has a rider of some kind, every other kid in college does this on side, who knows how many lco employees mow on weekend trying to start their own business, one of the reasons I am in prosses of moving nw I had enouht of this place, I trully feel like I can't spread my wings.let's put it this way largest landcaping//lawn company here is not bigger then 6-8 crews
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect touch landscapes
12-06-2009, 10:05 PM
we require the crew to account for every task they complete to the minute
we pay out on the time card and nothing for drivetime and other variables

Is work that bad there guys will work for that much? We must of spoiled our guys rotten some go home with 120-140 a day in 12 hour shift what does your avarage guy makes in week full time
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect touch landscapes
12-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Xls. --- is there a way we can talk in private
Posted via Mobile Device

dKoester
12-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Now thats funny!!!!!

Perfect touch landscapes
12-06-2009, 10:40 PM
It is funny I used to be a broker and in some states taking real estate or opportunity it comes tgether but other no matter what you do marketor clients are not just the same I think same thing in this line of work and ofcourse mastering the art of leadership comes to some easier then others, one thing I wish I have done , worked for somebody big or sucsessfull. Figuring everything out on your own is like being blinded and asked to pass freeway. There is no book you can just buy and learn it all basic **** is everywhere but you don't see to many donald trumps born every day after you study his advices, some things are not for sale,but there is still some that share, no matter how much I learn I wish sometimes I could connect USB cable to some people brains and mine and let the download begin
Posted via Mobile Device

CkLandscapingOrlando
12-06-2009, 11:11 PM
I cant speak for xl but we have no state income tax. You can a decent house for a 150,000. Plenty of good guy's will work for 10 an hour but not any contractors I know of will work for less than 25-35. It cost me 277.00 a week to 300 a week to run my truck. That cost only goes down with each guy up to 3 on my resi. Even with as many comp around here and all the low ballers you can make money at 35+ per mn hr[QUOTE=XLS;3308443]perfect touch how many crews do you have opperating ???? it appears one including yourself

how much over head do you have ? I must be to greedy I work for 4 people so how can I be ok with 30$ my overhead is about 21$ per hour per truck with out any employees I have hard time anyone decent wanting to work for 10 how you find people to work for 40 I don't know here we got no Hispanics or many guys who are willing to put in full day even at 10-12 , now how many crews I got I'll leave that blank for my own reasons but I try to figure out how to cut overhead down ,here we need to travel quete a bit and even if you pick up 20 accounts they will not last due to divorse ,allot of older population retiring every other resident has a trailer and I kid you not 1 out of 5 people has a rider of some kind, every other kid in college does this on side, who knows how many lco employees mow on weekend trying to start their own business, one of the reasons I am in prosses of moving nw I had enouht of this place, I trully feel like I can't spread my wings.let's put it this way largest landcaping//lawn company here is not bigger then 6-8 crews
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
12-06-2009, 11:54 PM
perfect i cant keep up with all the new post but , if you have a cell phone , what plan is it on ,be glad to talk i personally hate trying to explain things on these sites.

our average crew leaders can make up to $650 a week after taxes
general labor pays around 375 for a week of mowing to the crews if he stays on pace with the schedule , we pay a per job payroll for most employees they average minimum is 150 customers a week per guy or 2 depending on the crew size and their setup so even on the low numbers it only cost 3 to 5 per job to pay labors . the $40.oo guys are needing to work for a car they lost, child suport or what ever they are good for quick help like a rush for cleanups we called in 20 extras and borrowed blowers from my dealer and sent them to work .
the differences is not haveing one money maker and having 100's
they maintain approximatly 3000 lawns a week so everything is broke down per lawn to simplify the number process.

coolluv
12-07-2009, 12:17 AM

I don't want to seem rude, but I have a hard time reading and understanding most of the posts on this thread, and not just your posts. Maybe I'm just getting old and don't talk or hear or read this new form of communication very well. Most of the time on these sites someone will post about a subject that is or could be very beneficial to others. But then they don't really explain themselves and say things that can be considered contradictory.

Either they are your employee or they are a independent contractor. Which is it? Maybe you can explain further so we all can learn something. Or perhaps you could hook me up with your lawyer and accountant and they could explain it to me and set me up the same way.

Dave...

XLS
12-07-2009, 12:31 AM
coolluv i feel truely that its none of your business how i opperate my business as long as my state approves . i cant make it any more plain for you , i just hate people jumping in and f-ing up a thread by making it about how WE opperate its not me getting these post off i make a statement and some dic^ replies stupidly overall wanting to know things about my business . i say what i say and it is just on a larger scale of work then most but it isnt me who gets them off topic .

XLS
12-07-2009, 12:32 AM
they are our employees , our state allows us to work them as contract laborer is all not hard

coolluv
12-07-2009, 12:54 AM
coolluv i feel truely that its none of your business how i opperate my business as long as my state approves . i cant make it any more plain for you , i just hate people jumping in and f-ing up a thread by making it about how WE opperate its not me getting these post off i make a statement and some dic^ replies stupidly overall wanting to know things about my business . i say what i say and it is just on a larger scale of work then most but it isnt me who gets them off topic .

See now I tried to be nice and this is the thanks I get. Well I think your full of $hit. I will leave it at that. Anytime you would like to come down to Atlanta and meet me somewhere and call me a Dick to my face, I would be more than happy to kick your teeth down your throat.

Dave...

XLS
12-07-2009, 01:16 AM
i se that was professional also , next time you want to grow bal$s and say something DO IT SON . i am tired of explaining thing to peopel how just want to cuss it out , see
your in atlanta i am in tennessee drive up ill show you all my secrets and go to lunch you wont have to beat around the bush like not saying xls blah blah . see i wasnt even directing hostility to you just stating your not the first to question me and THEY ARE DICKS for it , lol i see you need to calm down over it man sheesh relax man

XLS
12-07-2009, 01:18 AM
also why question things i know as facts come up ill put it to rest lol non violently .

Perfect touch landscapes
12-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Xls what state u operate out off? I would of had who knows how many accounts by now I bid on 350-420 commercial accounts nothing but hotels chains of fast foods, dealerships and forth I got 15 out of 400 and most bids I lost I noticed no one picked them up they still have Bermuda growing thrugh boxwoods for I don't know how many years, I am AMA Ed actually how many things you do differently and now I don't see a reason for bs ,cause none of us gets anything out of it except more knoweldge or motivation 417-350-6722 call tomorrow if you can or giv me your # and I can call .I got 5 friends in same line of work this year with emploees we got killed, using agencys is nightmare 7 out 10 aplicants haave no car or cell , I ask around about lenth of employment for most workers it is anywhere from 2 hours to months , very few want to punch in and punch out. I talked to more then few entrepeneur clients they told me they shut down numerous Bisiness not because lack of work but couldn't replace employees fast enough. Cost of living is so cheap here allot of people care for onother case of beer and pack of smokes after that they don't show up. I am looking for some sort of employee management motivation and hopefully better way to beat the system. 3000 accounts. **** that's allot of work to keep it running , I do more work in landscaping and maintenance for that reason, I had more guys quit , walk,get fired and mostly doing lawns. How do you subtract time for travelling? Do you use live gps tracking for every crew,what is your turnover rate.what is population of area you service
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
12-07-2009, 01:24 AM
hey perfect touch call me tomorrow and ill talk and answer theseand more on the phone in person . i am tired of everyone calling bs on every damn thing i say so i figure it like this ill talk to you and judging by the time it takes me to answer your questions will tell if i lied then maybe you can explain it to these few that cant read my typing lol (931)-242-0154

Perfect touch landscapes
12-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Thanks bud I appriciate what is name of your his by the way
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect touch landscapes
12-07-2009, 01:31 AM
typing here sucks ass and it is not my favorite,but I see how allot of peeps don't believe you is because you mastered something in lawn management that you will not find anywhere let's put it this way when someone does 100 accounts or less and they talk to someone that does Bisiness in thousands there is big gap in all kinds of numbers .walmart can sell some **** for less then it costs them to handle it yet they make money, hard to believe but it is true
Posted via Mobile Device

coolluv
12-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Look I have no problem with you or anyone else. You brought up how you run your company by posting how you pay them. I'm the curious type and I come on here to learn from the few smart ones on here. I'm not a violent person but I don't let people talk down to me either. I would rather spend my energy on learning and discussing business ideas, I thought this place was for that. When I read something that intrigues me I ask questions. There is a bunch of Bull$hit on this site day in and day out.

But you can tell what time it is after a while.

Dave...

sdk1959
12-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Profit players survive and sometimes thrive when business is down, volume players seldom do.

Just look at Ford vs GM.

Ford- sells less cars but makes more net profit per car.

GM- sells more cars but makes less profit per car.

Ford- didn't file for bankruptcy and need bailout money.

GM- filed for bankruptcy and needed bailout money.

The concept is the same for any business model.

Profit player- higher net profit per cut, lower fixed operating costs, lower marketing costs, less equipment, higher customer retention.

Volume player- lower net profit per cut, higher fixed operating costs, higher marketing costs, more equipment, lower customer retention.

Next time there is a drought in a region take notice of the type of LCO's struggling or going out of business. Most will be high volume, low profit margin LCO's competing at price point only.

Perfect touch landscapes
12-07-2009, 01:53 AM
Gm always strugled cause they litterally paid money to peeps to buy their cars you get 15k rebate to buy it then your truck depriciates from 40k to 10 in 2 years why you think that is , same thing I tell customers when bidding and here it is the case choose some lco that is twice cheapper then me you will spend 3 times as much money in next few years fixing his mistakes, dead vegetation, ruts, diseased trees, stained concrete from salt, fukked up building, broken irrigation and hundreds of things if something sound to good -it is .
I got tired of bidding on full property maintenance commercial espesially when previous contractor performed 10% of a spec sheet. If client wants montly payment I try to collect 3 month upfront, since there is so much work there you don't know where to start
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
12-07-2009, 02:02 AM
cool i have been explaining to ignorant people for a week ,i was being general man it wasnt even to you like that , i have about 5 guys i pm they make a question i answer it fully

perfect i will tell my business name just not on hte fourm it causes more questions then answers for the others reading lol

XLS
12-07-2009, 02:03 AM
we havent bid a property in 7 years .it is tiring to do so ,to have dick and harry run you under the bus!!!!!

CkLandscapingOrlando
12-07-2009, 07:37 AM

I know what your saying being that my lawyer suggested I do the same. As far as failing comps due to volume, tell that to the big national guys. I sure dont see valley crest closing down.

XLS
12-07-2009, 10:35 AM
cool luv go back and read my post , i called them contract labor ,not independent contractor , this is that rearanging of word i hate the most, seems everyone does this to fit their ideas.
in tn i can have a guy my equipment and work and it is nothing more then me renting them the equipment if you will. as long as an employee makes less then X a year or
works less then x they can be writen off as contract labor by state laws .

we have some of them sign a personal business contract as well so it is a doubble insurance policy for us .
so see this is how they can be an employee and contract labor , it wasnt a trick question at all , sorry for the confusion in the thread . we simply issue a form stating their years pay and turn them into irs and then it is their obligation to pay their own taxes , the cheap guys we will pay taxes in full ,as a gift for their time . we dont have to we just do because its nice , lol.

we have miles of guidlines we have in our day to day policies that allows us to be more effecient then most.

Perfect touch landscapes
12-07-2009, 06:50 PM
If you submit landscape maintenance with monthly billing do you exclude services like mulching and chemical aplications just to keep montly payment low and add as a separate charges later on, or do you collect anything upfront due to top heavy first months?
Posted via Mobile Device

unkownfl
12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I only include weed control in beds and tree rings, mowing, edging, string trimmer, blowing, and hedge trimming. I will not exceed twice per month on the spraying and hedges. Other work is by the job basis.

XLS
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM
we dont submit a package deal .for landscape its payment 1/2 up front and on completion . its a per job basis they know the cost up front and if they leave that day they pay before they leave ...... i dont car if miss jones has a hair appointment it payment and ill wait untill you come home and sign off on it before i leave .

this prevents them from not coming back and speeds payment on it .

Perfect touch landscapes
12-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Is it worth taking pastic payments on large landscape jobs and or do you charge additional fee to make up charges and if you do , do you hide it in invoce or show break down
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
12-07-2009, 10:45 PM
what is large?????????

Perfect touch landscapes
12-07-2009, 10:48 PM
30k_100k
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect touch landscapes
12-07-2009, 10:49 PM
I mean do you invoce some to pay with check and some to pay with credit
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
12-07-2009, 10:50 PM
we dont bid anything in that price range cant help sorry

Perfect touch landscapes
12-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Ok your largest accounts what I mean is it worth paying % for accepting cards
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect touch landscapes
12-08-2009, 12:23 AM
If you had choice 10 commercial vrs 30 residential same pay what would you choose and why
Posted via Mobile Device

CkLandscapingOrlando
12-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Down here resi and comercial would'nt be the same man hr price. But a few things that would matter to me. If they were nice comercials with a decent budget and managed by lets say concord than I would do the comercial only because of the growth factor from concord.

Now if the resi are in a hi end spot and the comercial is just run of the mill I would do the resi. The high ends dont have turn around like comercial if you do good work

XLS
12-08-2009, 01:20 PM
residential because as i have stated " we dont bid jobs ever" and in the comercial field it seems every year they bid on the accounts to find "the low bid " res. will keep you for years if they are happy , most reswont change lco unless they are unhappy with service or they have a major change in living expense( move or loss of job )

Perfect touch landscapes
12-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Commercials no doubt are not easy to pick up , but I like freedom to do them whenever you like, helped me stay busy 12 month out o year and they don't dicker over what time you show up and how long you were there for, I think it is worth the persistency you need to put in but it is well the results. I hope and cross my fingers that their general manager stays hired, because every time he gets a boot , you are proving your self to new gm and bidding in a pool of contractors. I had one import dealership they went through 5 gms in 2 years and 1 st one hired me and told me at least you got your foot in the door. After he went I had to build rapport with everyone of them, till 5 came and wanted to use his lso he used in past, there was nothing I could do or bid to keep it.
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
12-08-2009, 02:01 PM
why do you say homeowners aint a 12 month a yer accout????? we find commercials to get just harder and harder o keep about 3 years and the price drop requires them to change lcos . it sounds like you are happy playing the bidding game , itis fun untill you get tired of it ,

Perfect touch landscapes
12-08-2009, 02:46 PM
80% I do is upscale residentials don't get me wrong I service them year round I do leaf clean ups alone till April,I like commercials because you can start them when it is 6 and work on them doring hours home owner will not be happy with. I don't prefer bidding allot, but I like the idea of meeting people and it Is starting to pay off after I showed my face and gave them the pitch, they have me engraived in their mind. There has been lots of times I am out and about with my family they come up and remember me, after seeying I am a human just like them with wife and daughter they call me to start something or invite me to bid on something else like their other investment properties or their home. You would be suprized how many Bisiness owners don't let me do their commercials but only have me do personal
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect touch landscapes
12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
One thing I hate more then anything is doing same accounts for years, I get bored I like new flow of properties with their own chalenges and rewards. I always expect to loose 10% of business each year and sometimes I want to replace some customers due to dificulty dealing with them.
Posted via Mobile Device some accounts I just want to sell to some one and find ones I preffer

Perfect touch landscapes
12-31-2009, 08:40 PM
What services do you provide for
80 $
Posted via Mobile Device