PDA

View Full Version : Navigator

Kriptkeeper
12-06-2009, 10:43 AM
I am not asking for guys with Walkers to give me your oppinion. I am looking for guys that are running Navigators to give me their oppinion. I am looking to purchase a Navigator based on experience with Exmarks. I have virtually no down time except regular maintenance with ExMarks. I have a bid I am waiting on which will require a manicured cut that a Navigator or Walker can produce. I have been down to the Walker Distributor in NC that covers all Walker dealers from Delaware to Southern Georgia. I spent 3 hours in the distribution facility there with the head guy. However, In really comparing the 2 mowers, I think I have decided to go with the Navigator but I wanted to get some owners oppinions. Navigator has only been around for about 4 or 5 years so... Just looking for actual oppinions from actual Navigator owners and users.

DLAWNS
12-06-2009, 10:48 AM
I also posted this in your other thread, but I would say go with the Navigator. I love mine. It leaves a great cut, less maintenance, and overall a great mower.

ALC-GregH
12-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Do a search on the mower. There is over 500 threads about them. More info than what you want already posted.

johnslandscaping
12-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I love the navigator. works great for me.

Kriptkeeper
12-06-2009, 12:06 PM
John, I see in your profile that you have a Navigator and a walker. You think I wouldn't go wrong with the Navigator?

johnslandscaping
12-06-2009, 12:50 PM
I look at things this way if you have a local dealer that is good and you already have exmarks I would go for it. But I do like both nav and walker I notice in my case the navigator out performs the walker only by a small amount. Both machines are great. In my case I got the walker first paid good price at time I needed one right away then when funds where available I bought the nav to keep equipment matching but I would buy either machine as long as the price is good.

XLS
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
he has talked sheet

A&Ddistributing is the distributer for the south east so i would love to here who this dealer you speak of is . i know for a fact because i order through them all the time .

now navigator is fine ,not fond of the mulch baffle they claim is so good but this is no big deal as long s it is opned in high wet or thick conditions . good units

Kriptkeeper
12-06-2009, 04:52 PM
XLS, the distributor for Va, NC, DE, GA and SC for Walker Mowers is GHS distributing just west of Asheboro, NC. The website is http://www.ghscorp.com/default.htm and the owners name is Levon. You're the one talking SHEET!!!!

XLS
12-06-2009, 04:56 PM
then tell me why A&D destributers is in alabama and covers ga also i guess ??? tey are based down there so i find it odd the dont cover it lol

UrbanGreen
12-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I have ran navigators for 4 years now and overall love the machine. I cut bermuda, zoysia, and fescue and it cuts all of them wonderfully. With bermuda and zoysia if the lawn is fairly smooth or has been topdressed we keep them as low as 2" and the fescue we cut at 4" and it never leaves any stringers behind. If the grass is wet and thick you will have to slow down or you can clog the blower but in normal conditions you will never clog it.

Maintenance on the machine is fairly simple, you only have 13 grease points to take care of and your regular oil changes etc. I have the 27 kohler on mine and have only had the 42" cuts but the machine has plenty of power.

The only issue I have had out of mine were the gear boxes blew at about 550 hrs and have done so 4 times since. However part of my problem was due to the dealer I was going to and the mechanics that were working on it. Other than that I have not had any problems at all out of them. Also even though the machine was out of warranty Exmark worked with me on the gearboxes and really helped me out.

The key to keeping these mowers and walkers running smooth is keeping a sharp ear out for little changes in noises on the machine. Once you have ran one for a little while you will know if you hear something thats just not right. It is usually something small to start with but unchecked it usually turns into a bigger problem that can be more costly.

XLS
12-06-2009, 05:01 PM
is an important and vital part to our
success.” The basic tenet that the Hopkins
and GHS Corp. operate on is it is easier to
build relationships anchored in family
values than profit margins or stock values.
Every dealership that is a part of this
network that GHS Corp. serves is viewed
as an integral part of this unique family.
“If any member/dealer is hurting because
of weather, accident, etc., we are all hurting
until those problems are solved,” says
Standish. Family comes first, and in situations
where a particular model doesn’t
sell for a dealer, GHS will facilitate the
relocation of that unit to another dealer
who can sell it. Therefore, no Walker
Mowers dealers are stuck with inventory
that will not be sold to their customers.
“’Family’ encourages long-term thinking,
and long-term commitments,” interjects
Levon Hopkins. “It increases their security
and helps bring fun and joy to the work
day, because we celebrate success together
as a family.”
The territory that GHS Corp. serves
spans six states, including eastern Tennessee,
North Carolina, Virginia, West
Virginia, Maryland and Delaware. GHS
Corp.’s sales staff is well trained in the
knowledge of selling the various models
of Walker Mowers and related attachments/
accessories that are

sure looks again like your wrong again from that post you gave me .....XXXXX wrong

XLS
12-06-2009, 05:02 PM
GA isnt there and it says 6 ....i think that is 6 lol you can appoligize when your ready j/k

navs are good .

Kriptkeeper
12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Ooops, I guess they did leave out GA even though they do sell to GA. I was there for 3 hours and got the scoop.

XLS
12-06-2009, 05:19 PM
like i said originally it make no sence because A&D is down there and they are a huge company . hey i was having fun i wasnt being ugly was just correcting its all cool i know the comp you use too .

TreeClimber57
12-06-2009, 05:42 PM
I have (2) Navigators and one Walker. The Navigators have been somewhat better in reliability for us, but only slightly. (except the Walker we have all eXmark) The major draw to the Walker were the attachments, however JRCO -- http://www.jrcoinc.com/ has many attachments that fit the Navi. Both are good units. If I had to pick only one, would side for the Navi.

XLS
12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
and as you said depending on the attachments you use . we are 80% walker with everthing we have but i wont down the nav for what it is though walker has far more attachments avalible for it