PDA

View Full Version : new to lawnsite from S.W. louisiana

RJ25
12-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself and say I look forward to learning and sharing information with you. OK, well I started cutting grass in 1994 in order to supplement my income while in the military. In 1996 my tour was over and found that I really liked making people happy and getting paid to do it. So in 1997 I decided I would give it a go full time. Its been great. Some of the equipment names I have had the opportunity to use and sell are Dixie Chopper, Bad Boy, Echo, Maruyama, Shindaiwa, and Stihl. I have spent a larger amount of time with Bad Boy, Dixie Chopper and echo. I Have cut grass commercially, had my own sales and service shop and am currently a sales rep.

God Bless
Ricky
RJ25::usflag::weightlifter:

DLAWNS
12-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite. And thank you for your service!:usflag::clapping:

PLS-Tx
12-06-2009, 02:39 PM

X2

I'm just across the Sabine river, in SE TX.

Who are you a rep for?

I seen in your profile that you like to fish and hunt. I'm not much of a hunter, but I love to fish. I guess I'm going to start hunting next year, my son loves to hunt. He wants us to get on a lease with some friends

What kind of fishing do you do in La.?

We fish mostly salt and brackish water. Catching Reds is a blast. I went yesterday for a few hours, water on the flats was very low due to the cold front. I did manage 2 slot Reds, and one rat Red.

The rat Red was 18 1/2", would have been a keeper in La, but not in Tx.

I'm thinking about getting a La. license, $90 for non-resident :cry:

Green Industry Pro
12-15-2009, 12:45 AM

I third that!!!!!!!We have a lot of respect for military men and women.We have had numerous friends and family in service.:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag: Hey guys, Im in tyler texas im sure we could share valuable info back and forth since we are in the same area.YYYIIIIPPPEEEE!!!And thnx Bill for the good replies to my threads.:waving:

Green Industry Pro
12-15-2009, 12:46 AM
X2

I'm just across the Sabine river, in SE TX.

Who are you a rep for?

I seen in your profile that you like to fish and hunt. I'm not much of a hunter, but I love to fish. I guess I'm going to start hunting next year, my son loves to hunt. He wants us to get on a lease with some friends

What kind of fishing do you do in La.?

We fish mostly salt and brackish water. Catching Reds is a blast. I went yesterday for a few hours, water on the flats was very low due to the cold front. I did manage 2 slot Reds, and one rat Red.

The rat Red was 18 1/2", would have been a keeper in La, but not in Tx.

I'm thinking about getting a La. license, $90 for non-resident :cry:

Exactly which city do you live in TAC?My uncle and us fish on the sabine

Kriptkeeper
12-15-2009, 10:06 AM
welcome aboard!!!

JFGauvreau
12-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the site, thx for your service even tho i'm from Canada :p And where did you go for your tour?

joel29m
12-15-2009, 10:38 PM
welcome to the site, and beware of lawn politics!!!!:laugh::laugh: im from baton rouge, how is all this damn rain doing for ya? messed me up bad on yard work including mine!:mad::angry::mad:

PLS-Tx
12-17-2009, 03:51 PM
What happened to the guy that started this?

One post and has not been back. :confused:

Come on now it's winter time I need some conversation. :laugh:

g21
12-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Welcome Rick. Thanks for your service. Let me know if I can help with anything.