PDA

View Full Version : Here it is!!

TXNSLighting
12-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Im going to go look at it this week!!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=271323012&dealer_id=1932067&car_year=2004&rdm=1260123037282&lastStartYear=1981&model=RAM25002WD&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=73224&showZipError=n&make=DODGE&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=15000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=76086&advanced=&end_year=2006&doors=&transmission=&max_price=20000&cardist=37&standard=false

Lawn Enforcer
12-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Yes! I love that front crusher-I mean bumper

kps2389
12-06-2009, 02:15 PM
I thought you just a got an 09 F-150?

PLS-Tx
12-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Very nice truck.

Does it have the 48RE transmission?

TXNSLighting
12-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I thought you just a got an 09 F-150?

I did, but i need a diesel as well for work. The 150 is more my play/lighting truck. Ive got two seperate companys so its better to have trucks for both of them. Were going to concentrate on getting more landscape projects next year, so its better to have a 3/4 ton for that.

TXNSLighting
12-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Very nice truck.

Does it have the 48RE transmission?

No, it says in the description Manual.

TXNSLighting
12-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Heres a couple pics if ya dont wanna click on the link.

Junior M
12-06-2009, 07:52 PM
looks just like my brothers truck, except he's got an automatic with the big horn package and he doesnt have that gay bumper.. :p :laugh:

Throw a bully dog programmer on it and she'll scream!

TXNSLighting
12-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Im gonna probably put a smarty on it if i get it.

Junior M
12-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Im gonna probably put a smarty on it if i get it.
Never known anyone with that..

Going to put a cat delete pipe and intake so it can breathe a little bit?

TXNSLighting
12-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Its a programmer designed for the Cummins. Really works well with the motor. Yeh ill do the straight pipe and AEM intake.

P.Services
12-06-2009, 09:20 PM
are you on drugs? 19k and 120k miles? huh. i think you can do better then that. Think of it like this..... Your sitting at the strip club and you have twenty bucks in your pocket, you dont have to go throwing it at the first good looking girl that walks by because in your situation and state of mind they are all going to look good. Calm, down, sit back and take in the view. Keep the bill in your pocket until that perfect one comes walking by and then make use of it.

Junior M
12-06-2009, 09:25 PM
are you on drugs? 19k and 120k miles? huh. i think you can do better then that. Think of it like this..... Your sitting at the strip club and you have twenty bucks in your pocket, you dont have to go throwing it at the first good looking girl that walks by because in your situation and state of mind they are all going to look good. Calm, down, sit back and take in the view. Keep the bill in your pocket until that perfect one comes walking by and then make use of it.
so he ends up with a plain jane POS like that chevy your driving? :laugh:

Junior M
12-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Its a programmer designed for the Cummins. Really works well with the motor. Yeh ill do the straight pipe and AEM intake.
Hmm, never knew that.. I'll have to research it some more once I get to my cummins..

P.Services
12-06-2009, 09:28 PM
so he ends up with a plain jane POS like that chevy your driving? :laugh:

i waited a very long time for that truck to come up. even had the rubber floor i wanted. and it only had 25k miles for a few grand more then that truck. i kept my bill in my pocket and made that girl work her stuff before i went for a dance.

ProTouch Groundscapes
12-06-2009, 09:32 PM
didnt you already go through this once before?? with your other dodge, that you werent pleased with? lol

P.Services
12-06-2009, 09:33 PM
didnt you already go through this once before?? with your other dodge, that you werent pleased with? lol

i thought that also. get a lmm chevy and be happy ever after.

Junior M
12-06-2009, 10:04 PM
it was an 03.. If I remember correctly..

Which was a bad year for the cummins motor, nothing was wrong with the truck itself. the first half of 03 had the low output cummins. The sorryest(sp?) year for the 5.9, ever.

South Florida Lawns
12-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Nice truck, I remember my friend paid 32k for that exact truck back in 04 just something to think about. I bet you could find a similar truck for less if you bought off a private seller.

P.Services
12-06-2009, 10:25 PM
haven't you just turned into a little wealth of knowledge junior.

TXNSLighting
12-06-2009, 10:33 PM
It was a 05 Junior, and it was the truck that wasnt all that great. But still 50 times better than that GM i had.

Picasso- i dont want a emission friendly diesel. You know that! Im against those 100% The price is only a hair on the high side. Thats around average for around here. Our economy is decent and pre emission diesels are highly sought after around here. So they can price them a little higher than theyre worth elsewhere.

Im still in no hurry. If i get to this one tomorrow and i like it. I doubt i will take it home unless they come down to about 15-16k, then i will jump on it. Otherwise, yeh i have til January-February before i have to get one. and it will be a 04-06 Cummins, 03-06 D-max, or a 02-03 Powerstroke.

WH401
12-06-2009, 10:36 PM
it was an 03.. If I remember correctly..

Which was a bad year for the cummins motor, nothing was wrong with the truck itself. the first half of 03 had the low output cummins. The sorryest(sp?) year for the 5.9, ever.

03 was one of the best years for the 5.9. They get the best fuel mileage of any of the common rail 5.9's and the lift pump/fuel pump system is much more reliable than that of the prior VP44 powered trucks.

Btw TX, nice truck.

Junior M
12-06-2009, 10:42 PM
haven't you just turned into a little wealth of knowledge junior.
I just happen to like a quality truck.. :p :laugh:

Junior M
12-06-2009, 10:47 PM
03 was one of the best years for the 5.9. They get the best fuel mileage of any of the common rail 5.9's and the lift pump/fuel pump system is much more reliable than that of the prior VP44 powered trucks.

Btw TX, nice truck.
from what I understood, the second half of 03 was great, it was the first half that lacked the ass that the prior 24valves had..

I wasnt speaking so much about reliability or fuel mileage, but more so just over all power..

P.Services
12-06-2009, 10:47 PM
look b itch, my truck runs a 5.3 0-60. when you can challenge that you come talk to me.

Hanau
12-06-2009, 10:49 PM
look b itch, my truck runs a 5.3 0-60 KPH. when you can challenge that you come talk to me.

Fixed it for ya. :laugh: :waving:

P.Services
12-06-2009, 10:54 PM
nope mph, its faster then your 86 ford :cool2:

WH401
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
from what I understood, the second half of 03 was great, it was the first half that lacked the ass that the prior 24valves had..

I wasnt speaking so much about reliability or fuel mileage, but more so just over all power..

The CA versions maybe, since they were always choked to death. From what I have seen though, every year was a good year for the 5.9.

Hanau
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
My 82 Ford has velour upholstery. Brown velour upholstery.

Junior M
12-06-2009, 10:59 PM
look b itch, my truck runs a 5.3 0-60. when you can challenge that you come talk to me.
who the hell you callin a bitc#?

You can kiss my ass picasso, I said nothing to you that was wrong, what I said in my first post was a complete joke(open your eyes, see the laughing smilie?) and anyone with a set of eyeballs can see it.

Speed really doesnt matter to me, give me some specs and proof of it moving a substantial amount of weight and I'll be impressed. Until then, your nothing but a liar like your calling Bob..

TXNSLighting
12-06-2009, 11:00 PM
The CA versions maybe, since they were always choked to death. From what I have seen though, every year was a good year for the 5.9.

No actually the early 03's mated with the auto, and the 5 spd manual were derated and were worthless! It was only like the first 4 or so months.

Junior M
12-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I was told the first half was a low output from what I was told by the sales manager of a dodge dealership.

they were still a good motor, just lacked the ass or edge of previous cummins..

Junior M
12-06-2009, 11:02 PM
No actually the early 03's mated with the auto, and the 5 spd manual were derated and were worthless! It was only like the first 4 or so months.
Yeah, thats what I was talking about! I understood the first 6 months, but hey, close enough..

WH401
12-06-2009, 11:07 PM

They weren't derated, they were the same HP as the previous 24 valve motor except they had a HPCR injection system.

WH401
12-06-2009, 11:23 PM
2003 offered two version of the 5.9. One was a standard output (SO) version that produced 250 hp @2900 rpm/460 ft. lbs tq. @ 1400 rpm, which were both mated to the 47re and the NV4500. This rating was not detuned and was in fact a higher rating than the previous 2002 MY 5.9. There was also a CARB version of the SO 5.9 that was produced specifically for California. The CARB version was de-rated to 235 hp @ 2700 rpm/460 ft. lbs. tq @ 1400 rpm. This was also mated to the 47re and NV4500.

The other version of the 2003 5.9 was the high output (HO) version, (which debuted after the first of the year), and produced 305 hp @ 2900 rpm/555 ft. lbs. tq at 1400 rpm. This version was mated to the newer designed 48re automatic, and NV5600 manual transmission, (which was carried over from the previous MY).

corey4671
12-06-2009, 11:25 PM
looks just like my brothers truck, except he's got an automatic with the big horn package and he doesnt have that gay bumper.. :p :laugh:

it looks just like my truck except mine is a chevy, it's gold and has the 6.0 gas....sorry...had to insert the obligatory smart alleck remark

South Florida Lawns
12-06-2009, 11:27 PM
In 04.5 they bumped the power up even more right? I thought thats when the HO 5.9 was really decent.

TXNSLighting
12-06-2009, 11:32 PM
2003 offered two version of the 5.9. One was a standard output (SO) version that produced 250 hp @2900 rpm/460 ft. lbs tq. @ 1400 rpm, which were both mated to the 47re and the NV4500. This rating was not detuned and was in fact a higher rating than the previous 2002 MY 5.9. There was also a CARB version of the SO 5.9 that was produced specifically for California. The CARB version was de-rated to 235 hp @ 2700 rpm/460 ft. lbs. tq @ 1400 rpm. This was also mated to the 47re and NV4500.

The other version of the 2003 5.9 was the high output (HO) version, (which debuted after the first of the year), and produced 305 hp @ 2900 rpm/555 ft. lbs. tq at 1400 rpm. This version was mated to the newer designed 48re automatic, and NV5600 manual transmission, (which was carried over from the previous MY).

Have you ever driven one of the 250 hp 03's?? They were gutless my man. 98-02's ran much better than they did. Thats what im trying to say here. I had a 03 that was the H.O. and it was pretty good. but the 04.5+ 600's were the best ones by far.

Junior M
12-07-2009, 06:51 AM
it looks just like my truck except mine is a chevy, it's gold and has the 6.0 gas....sorry...had to insert the obligatory smart alleck remark
Nuh uh, yours is a shortbed extended cab.. :p

WH401
12-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Have you ever driven one of the 250 hp 03's?? They were gutless my man. 98-02's ran much better than they did. Thats what im trying to say here. I had a 03 that was the H.O. and it was pretty good. but the 04.5+ 600's were the best ones by far.

Yes I have and they were fine when compared to a family members 01' 2500. Honestly if you think the SO 03' was gutless than you never driven a 1st Gen Cummins. They were only 160 hp/400 ft lbs tq. But even with that power they'd pull a load like there was nothing behind it, get great fuel mileage to boot, and truthfully, I'd rather drive one of those than a brand new gas offering from one of the big 3. No question the 04.5+ 600's and 610's were the quickest and most powerful offerings of the 5.9. But they can't compare to the fuel mileage that the H.O 03' - 04' engines are able to get.

Evan528
12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
I own a 03 Ram 3500 Cummins that I purchased March of 03. It has the S.O Cummins mated with the 48re Tranny..... I think mine was one of the first 03's mated with the 48re. Gutless??? This thing will pull a house down! All spring this truck pulls a 12ft dump trailer daily loaded with Mulch, stone, topsoil etc. I have yet to put anything behind this truck that has given it a hard time. On the nagative side...... I have had injectors replaced under warranty on 2 different occations. Each time they only replaced the 2 that they said were bad. They have also replaced the fuel pump with the upgraded one under warranty.

Not the greatest on fuel but better than my f-250 v-8 gasser. I average 11MPG doing local stop and go driving pulling a trailer about 80% of the time. Highway I have gotten as high as 21MPG with this truck not towing.

TXNSLighting
12-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Yes I have and they were fine when compared to a family members 01' 2500. Honestly if you think the SO 03' was gutless than you never driven a 1st Gen Cummins. They were only 160 hp/400 ft lbs tq. But even with that power they'd pull a load like there was nothing behind it, get great fuel mileage to boot, and truthfully, I'd rather drive one of those than a brand new gas offering from one of the big 3. No question the 04.5+ 600's and 610's were the quickest and most powerful offerings of the 5.9. But they can't compare to the fuel mileage that the H.O 03' - 04' engines are able to get.

Well i musta drove 4 bad ones then..I know the 03 i owned was terrible and it was a H.O. It would lose so much speed going up any incline it was laughable... Took it to two different dealers and they couldnt figure out the problem. Now the 05 i had was a beast!! So much power it was unreal. Then i put a bully dog Crazy Larry edition on it and boy howdy, The clutch was gone within a month! put a 600 hp clutch in it, and wow. That truck was so fast..

I had a buddy with a early 03 2wd auto and it was slow as can be. Then he put a edge on it, and woke it up. then two other friends, one with a 5 spd, and the other with a auto 4x4. The 5 speed wont go passed 80 mph thank you 5 spd. (he now has a 6 spd in it) and the other auto couldnt hold speed with any load. They both put programmers on em, and that helped bring em to where they should be.

I also test drove a 03 with the 5 spd, and and it also would go above 80 mph..

Ive driven may first gens. But were talkin about trucks here in the 2000's. the duramax and powerstrokes. these trucks couldnt keep up with my powerstrokes at the time. Just my experiences. O well. It doesnt matter either way, thats not what this thread was for.

TXNSLighting
12-07-2009, 05:22 PM
So anyway. I go to the dealer today and the truck was sitting up front by the building. I go in to find the sales guy and he says bad news. pointed to a guy with another sales guy and said thats his truck now. The guy paid full asking price :hammerhead: So i was like awesome...drove over 40 minutes to see nothing. I wasnt happy.

WH401
12-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Well i musta drove 4 bad ones then..I know the 03 i owned was terrible and it was a H.O. It would lose so much speed going up any incline it was laughable... Took it to two different dealers and they couldnt figure out the problem. Now the 05 i had was a beast!! So much power it was unreal. Then i put a bully dog Crazy Larry edition on it and boy howdy, The clutch was gone within a month! put a 600 hp clutch in it, and wow. That truck was so fast..

I had a buddy with a early 03 2wd auto and it was slow as can be. Then he put a edge on it, and woke it up. then two other friends, one with a 5 spd, and the other with a auto 4x4. The 5 speed wont go passed 80 mph thank you 5 spd. (he now has a 6 spd in it) and the other auto couldnt hold speed with any load. They both put programmers on em, and that helped bring em to where they should be.

I also test drove a 03 with the 5 spd, and and it also would go above 80 mph..

Ive driven may first gens. But were talkin about trucks here in the 2000's. the duramax and powerstrokes. these trucks couldnt keep up with my powerstrokes at the time. Just my experiences. O well. It doesnt matter either way, thats not what this thread was for.

Sounds like the truck isn't the problem, it's the driver. Based on how many trucks, (at the least, 4 - 5, and about to make it 6), you've had in a 6 year span, it's obvious that nothing is ever good enough to you. I mean honestly, if your 05 was "so fast", than what would be the reasoning for buying a D-max other than just wanting a new pickup? Who knows, maybe your just the same as CAT MAN, posting pictures of trucks that you've "owned" when really you've never even seen them before.

Junior M
12-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Sounds like the truck isn't the problem, it's the driver. Based on how many trucks, (at the least, 4 - 5, and about to make it 6), you've had in a 6 year span, it's obvious that nothing is ever good enough to you. I mean honestly, if your 05 was "so fast", than what would be the reasoning for buying a D-max other than just wanting a new pickup? Who knows, maybe your just the same as CAT MAN, posting pictures of trucks that you've "owned" when really you've never even seen them before.
Woah, woah. All the pics I have seen of his trucks have either been in front of all the samethings, (his house) or hooked to his trailers.

I can deal with the arguing, but thats not right to call him a liar. And so what he has had tons of trucks? My uncle is like that, my Dad used to be. So what if he enjoys something new, if he can afford it then good for him..

TXNSLighting
12-07-2009, 10:49 PM

Wow, youve really gone down in my book now...when in that post did i say those were my trucks? In the past 6 years ive had 3 trucks...I bought my 6.0 Ford in 04, then I bought the dodge in late 05, then traded it 2 1/2 years later for my duramax. kept that 2 years now i got the 150. I dont keep trucks very long cuz of miles. wow, yeh youre gonna be like that, get outta this post, you have no business here. Get a life. People like you are who ruin this site. I dont even know why i wasted my time with this post.

TXNSLighting
12-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Woah, woah. All the pics I have seen of his trucks have either been in front of all the samethings, (his house) or hooked to his trailers.

I can deal with the arguing, but thats not right to call him a liar. And so what he has had tons of trucks? My uncle is like that, my Dad used to be. So what if he enjoys something new, if he can afford it then good for him..

Hes obviously just some one who has nothing better to do but come on here and try and get under peoples skin. O well, done with him.