PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful blower

stevenf
12-06-2009, 03:07 PM
The blower I have right now isnt exactly the most powerful and I only plan to get larger properties as the business grows. Ive read good things about the stihl BR600. Is it easy to start? Is it the most powerful?

I have noticed that the more powerful equipment I buy, the harder they are to start(2 stroke). My Redmax trimmer takes about 7-10 pulls and about 20 sec to warm up. If I can avoid this annoiying flaw it would be nice.

borwicks
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
???I have never had this problem. even after sitting with gas in the tank over winter. never more then 3 pulls to fire. I use redmax 7001 and 8001, redmax trimmers as well. use premium gas, synthetic oils at 50:1.

HenryB
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
The new stratocharged are pure garbage

yz250fpilot
12-06-2009, 04:43 PM
ebz8001 ...... never more than 2 pulls when cold....1 when warm.

bigredd
12-06-2009, 04:59 PM
My BR600 starts easily and has very nice power over the full throttle range. It's also easy of fuel, llite and very comfortable to use. Shindaiwa EB802RT would be my top choice for a 2 stroke, due to it's weight, comfort, power and proven reliability.

mowerbrad
12-06-2009, 05:00 PM
My new br600 often time starts in one pull but never more than 3. But I have only had the blower for 2 months. But even my stihl 4-mix trimmer I bought 2 years ago starts in under 3 pulls.

Yater
12-06-2009, 05:02 PM
ebz8001 ...... never more than 2 pulls when cold....1 when warm.

My ebz7001 and 8001 both take several pulls when cold and require about a minute to warm up at each property. They also run like crap in hot weather....and they're heavy/bulky. Running high octane doesn't help. They get the job done, but they're priced as top-of-the-line blowers. I prefer the br600 (as long as it has the dual fuel pickups) and that will be my next blower(s).

Kriptkeeper
12-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I use the BR600 and would put them up against RedMax any day of the week. However there is a new blower out by Shindaiwa that puts out 100 more CFM than the BR600 or Redmax. My Br600 starts on first pull everytime. When it is warmed up you hardly have to tug it at all.

http://www.shindaiwa.com/usa/en/products_2/blowers/eb8520_eb8520rt.php for specs

4 seasons lawn&land
12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
the most powerfull blowers actually dont start at all. They're pto driven :D

CLARK LAWN
12-06-2009, 05:34 PM
my br600 is a year and a half old and i use the hell out of it. always starts right up when cold choke it and pump primer a few times and 1 or 2 pulls, when warm one pull every time

unkownfl
12-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Like I said before you could always get an air boat.

TreeClimber57
12-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Never had any issues with the BR600, just runs.. starts with a couple of pulls most days (3 max when cold).

yz250fpilot
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
My ebz7001 and 8001 both take several pulls when cold and require about a minute to warm up at each property. They also run like crap in hot weather....and they're heavy/bulky. Running high octane doesn't help. They get the job done, but they're priced as top-of-the-line blowers. I prefer the br600 (as long as it has the dual fuel pickups) and that will be my next blower(s).

the high octane may be your problem. I had some race gas and tried it one time .....and the 8001 would not start. I dumped it out and went with 93.....Bam! It fired right up and ran flawlessly. Those engines do not like high octane gasses!

JKOOPERS
12-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by Yater View Post

If you have to pull them several times to start you have a problem. I have all redmax 2 cycle and everything starts on 1 or 2 pull every time.

STIHL GUY
12-07-2009, 09:59 PM
the BR600 is pretty powerful and always starts right up for me. there are more powerful blowers out there but just remember that you have to carry those around on your back all day as well

redmax fan
12-08-2009, 12:46 AM
The new stratocharged are pure garbage

i was bummed out after running bc225s for several years , which were great ,
when they discontinued and i started running the new strato charged .

but over past few years of running them ive found 4 things out :

- when start them on choke when cold , soon as fired up turn upside down and unchoke . hold upside down a minute or two for quickest warm up possible

- pull the spark arrestor out of muffler

- every month or so pull off muffler and clean out the exhaust port , its a quick less than 5 minute process

- run sea foam in with your 2 cycle gas

this methods made a huge difference in my strato charged whips , and i whip 100 accounts per week for 8 months per year so i live with the thing

when i keep the exhaust port cleaned out and running sea foam on and off i can keep them running just as good as my old bc225's . but those old 225's were the lightest / most powerful / dependable whips going , built solid as can be too

redmax fan
12-08-2009, 12:58 AM
concerning blowers ive been doing this 9 years now and weve ran only redmax , been running 7001's for years

and they are great by us . sturdy build / start right up / mega power

the 7001's weve been running past 5 years or so are like a perfect peice of equipment to me , i dont have one complaint about them . weve never considered buying anything else

and ive seen many say the 8001 is same thing but with more power

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
12-11-2009, 11:10 PM
i have three br 600's and the new shindaiwa. Please dont waste your money on the sindaiwa. It weighs about five lbs more and uses , no lie tiwce the gas as the sthil in the same amount of time. the power difference is not that noticable to me at all. I got so mad today at the shin. It takes forever to get it started in the cold. My sthils stay in the cold and weather year round and honestly start on the first pull every time. You just cant beat them.

kemco
12-12-2009, 12:45 AM
I ran a stihl br600 for just over a year and it died. Spent $150 to replace something to do with an exhaust valve not seating. Worked great again for 2 or 3 months and died again. Not sure Im going to put any more $ into it. Seems like there is a problem with the Stihl 600s. google it and you will see what Im talking about. Very similar to issues Ive had with it. Dont get me wrong, it was a great piece of equipment for a little over a year, now it is just a piece.

Bought a Kawasaki 750 about a month ago and really like it. Very powerful, very lightweight, starts on 1st or 2nd pull. I think it is 200 or 205 mph, and 700cfm which is right in line with the stihl br600. And it was about $60 cheaper than the stihl I bought. I think it is about 1 lb lighter than the stihl. Also been using redmax 7001 for about 4 years without a single problem. It's much heavier, by about 4 or 5 lbs, which you do really start to feel after having it on for 1 or 2 hours on a leaf job.

Alan0354
12-12-2009, 02:40 AM
I ran a stihl br600 for just over a year and it died. Spent $150 to replace something to do with an exhaust valve not seating. Worked great again for 2 or 3 months and died again. Not sure Im going to put any more $ into it. Seems like there is a problem with the Stihl 600s. google it and you will see what Im talking about. Very similar to issues Ive had with it. Dont get me wrong, it was a great piece of equipment for a little over a year, now it is just a piece.

Bought a Kawasaki 750 about a month ago and really like it. Very powerful, very lightweight, starts on 1st or 2nd pull. I think it is 200 or 205 mph, and 700cfm which is right in line with the stihl br600. And it was about $60 cheaper than the stihl I bought. I think it is about 1 lb lighter than the stihl. Also been using redmax 7001 for about 4 years without a single problem. It's much heavier, by about 4 or 5 lbs, which you do really start to feel after having it on for 1 or 2 hours on a leaf job.

I have the Maru which is the same as the Kawi you have, I never have a chance to compare. How is the power compare to the BR600? People been telling me there is no comparison, that BR600 is a looooot stronger. I like to hear from you.

Richard Martin
12-12-2009, 04:52 AM
I ran a stihl br600 for just over a year and it died. Spent $150 to replace something to do with an exhaust valve not seating. Worked great again for 2 or 3 months and died again. Not sure Im going to put any more $ into it.

Find another dealer. Virtually anything to do with the valves is covered by Stihl even after the warranty period. My BR600 was over 2 years old and they replaced the long block and carb for free. Sthil really wants these engines to work and they're more than willing to stand behind them.

Richard Martin
12-12-2009, 04:57 AM
However there is a new blower out by Shindaiwa that puts out 100 more CFM than the BR600 or Redmax.

And who's doing the air measurements? Shindaiwa? I bet if Underwriter Labs or Consumer Reports did real, equal testing on all of these blowers the results would be significantly different from what the manufacturers claim.

kemco
12-12-2009, 09:58 AM
When I first started using the Kawi I remember thinking "well it's not quite as powerful as my stihl was." But after using it a bit I think it boils down to this: The Kawi will move push leaves farther than the stihl, seems to have more punch power, which is probably more mph at the noz. But the Stihl br600 of mine seems to have a little, not a lot, more cfm.

Mowbizz
12-12-2009, 11:05 AM
concerning blowers ive been doing this 9 years now and weve ran only redmax , been running 7001's for years

the 7001's weve been running past 5 years or so are like a perfect peice of equipment to me , i dont have one complaint about them . weve never considered buying anything else

This, x1...I have one Redmax 8001 and it has been a pleasure to own. The weight doesn't bother me but I would like to try a new Stihl someday just to see first hand how they compare...I have other Stihl equipment that I love as well...

Alan0354
12-12-2009, 01:06 PM
When I first started using the Kawi I remember thinking "well it's not quite as powerful as my stihl was." But after using it a bit I think it boils down to this: The Kawi will move push leaves farther than the stihl, seems to have more punch power, which is probably more mph at the noz. But the Stihl br600 of mine seems to have a little, not a lot, more cfm.

So the BR600 is not exactly blowing the Kawi out of the water like a lot of people claimed?!!:laugh:

I have no prove, but I really believe the power has everything to do with the size of the engine in this kind of primitive engines, it is not as if you have variable valve timming, turbo etc. those kind of fancy stuff. You can give and take 10% or so, but to be day and night difference between two brands with the same size engine, I highly question whether it is subjective or objective!!! But of cause, their blowers GOT to be the strongest blower!!!:laugh:

MikeKle
12-12-2009, 03:09 PM
This topic comes up alot, and I have wondered if there is anyone working on a really powerful blower, bigger than the Br600 or the big shindy, The biggest Ive seen is I think around 80cc? It seems like someone would try a 100cc or bigger? Really the bigger the better in blowers! And people would buy it, even if it were over $700. Id like to see one with a 250cc dirt bike engine! You could stand in one spot and blow off the whole property! Powerful enough, so if you were hold the nozzle to the ground, it would start to lift you up! Oh well, maybe one day?

Alan0354
12-12-2009, 03:20 PM
This topic comes up alot, and I have wondered if there is anyone working on a really powerful blower, bigger than the Br600 or the big shindy, The biggest Ive seen is I think around 80cc? It seems like someone would try a 100cc or bigger? Really the bigger the better in blowers! And people would buy it, even if it were over $700. Id like to see one with a 250cc dirt bike engine! You could stand in one spot and blow off the whole property! Powerful enough, so if you were hold the nozzle to the ground, it would start to lift you up! Oh well, maybe one day?

The weight will be a major factor. Notice all the biggest blower have more complains than the not so powerful blowers? Except Shindaiwa EB802 is too new to judge. You put so much power and have to cut the weight....thinner parts, something has to give. RM8001 seems to have the fewest complain, but look at the weight!!!

If you have to limit to less than 30lbs, you are going to run into more problems with bigger engines. Of cause you can use high tech meterial like polycarbonate and titanium, but the cost will kill the market. So you want under $600, under 30lbs. You got a problem right there.

DLAWNS
12-12-2009, 11:27 PM

I second this....

borwicks
12-13-2009, 03:15 PM

why. if you need that much buy a walk behind blower . your body will thank you.

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
12-13-2009, 03:37 PM
echo is coming out with a new blower this upcoming year thats suppose to out due everything. I could really care less unless its better than what i have ran before. I use scags and sthil and baught the new shindaiwah blower just because the dealer talked me into it. They sell nothing but echo and said there is one coming out this season. I wish sthil would just come out with one with 1000 cfm ha

Alan0354
12-13-2009, 03:38 PM
why. if you need that much buy a walk behind blower . your body will thank you.

You might be hitting it right on the button. With all the talks and complains of all the top tier bps, maybe another approach is get the lighter, more reliable, cheaper second tier blowers like the BP755, RM EBZ7001, Stihl BR420, Kawi/Maru and if you are lucky enough....Shindy EB630 etc. Particular BR420 and EB630, you even hear complains about these two....ever?? those "not so powerful but very few complains" blowers. Then get a wb blower just for the heavy duty leaves season. Your back will thank you and your pocket will thank you in the long run!!!

That was the reason why I bought the Maru last year instead of waiting for the Shindy EB802 to be qualified for Ca. After hearing about all the trouble on the EB8510, I don't think I need that!!!! Hey, my Maru is not the top tier, but it is less painful to have to argue with the dealer!!!! AND I paid $389 only!!!! And I hardly feel it on my back.

Kutz Lawns
12-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Why does everybody talk about blower power, what do you mean by power?

Are you talking wind miles per hour or what?

Or are you talking the seconds from idle to fastest speed?

I know I would want the fastest wind speed!

Richard Martin
12-13-2009, 06:44 PM

You have to have more than just raw wind speed. You need CFM too. A good combination of those two factors is what makes for a good blower. A lot of the wheeled blower's best MPH is bested by a lot of backpack blowers but when it comes down to getting the work done the wheeled blowers win every time. It's because they have tons of CFM movement. In addition to that the nozzle has a lot to do with the air "spray" characteristics. Different people like different air patterns and that helps to account for why some people think one blower is more powerful than another despite what the specs on those blowers are.

borwicks
12-14-2009, 01:21 AM
You have to have more than just raw wind speed. You need CFM too. A good combination of those two factors is what makes for a good blower. A lot of the wheeled blower's best MPH is bested by a lot of backpack blowers but when it comes down to getting the work done the wheeled blowers win every time. It's because they have tons of CFM movement. In addition to that the nozzle has a lot to do with the air "spray" characteristics. Different people like different air patterns and that helps to account for why some people think one blower is more powerful than another despite what the specs on those blowers are.

Perfect. I couldnt have said it any better....CFMs.....

borwicks
12-14-2009, 01:22 AM
mow smarter so you use the blower less. time is money.

MikeKle
12-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Why does everybody talk about blower power, what do you mean by power?

Are you talking wind miles per hour or what?

Or are you talking the seconds from idle to fastest speed?

I believe when people say powerful blower, they are wanting more CFM, resulting in a stronger blast of air? Plus unloading a wheeled blower for residential properties would be a PITA! Why couldnt someone just take the business end of a wheeled blower and somehow make it into a BP with a flexible tube? YEs, it would be heavy, but for that much power, I would put up with the weight.

kemco
12-14-2009, 12:06 PM
A wheeled blower sounds great, bought one a couple years ago but have had very little use with it. Heavy, hard to maneuver around, but the thing will just about knock your feet out from under you if you step in front of it.

I agree that I think the best is a combination of the two, CFM and MPH. The Kawi 750 I have seems to have more MPH but a little less CFM than my Stihl 600. IMO my Kawi does a lot better at getting leaves out of beds especially when they are tied into a lot of landscaping bushes etc. But the Stihl seemed to move a greater quantity of leaves out in the open yard. Kawi has a smaller exhaust tube than the Stihl.

MikeKle
12-14-2009, 12:12 PM
The big blower manufacturers could make a huge BP blower, with a larger capacity fan, and tube, that would make a very powerful blast. They seem to be stuck at around 1300 cfm, and about 85cc engine?

WGLandscapeMaintenance
12-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Br600. Hands down. My shoulders, mainly the right and back get sore after a while of it runnin WFO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alan0354
12-14-2009, 01:28 PM
The big blower manufacturers could make a huge BP blower, with a larger capacity fan, and tube, that would make a very powerful blast. They seem to be stuck at around 1300 cfm, and about 85cc engine?

Who make a 85cc bp? Shindaiwa make the largest two that I know of, only 79cc.

WH401
12-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Br600. Hands down. My shoulders, mainly the right and back get sore after a while of it runnin WFO.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree, BR600 all the way. I get a slightly red right shoulder when using it for long periods of time, but that's just a testament to it's power. When I first bought it I noticed that after using it for the first hour, and after putting it down, that I was having a tendency to walk sideways, since I had been counteracting the blower wanting to push against the right side of my body the whole time while I was using it.

Richard Martin
12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
They seem to be stuck at around 1300 cfm, and about 85cc engine?

Who's making a BP blower that has 1300 CFM with the tubes? Without the tube specs are useless unless you blow leaves without the tube.