PDA

View Full Version : Harness

addictedtolandscaping
12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
OK, well managed to do it today, was going to hppen sooner or later. I almost fell off a roof not once, twice but three times before my dump ars finally got down. We got a small amount of snow last night, and needless to say the temps are in the toilet now for the most part. I did an entire house the other day from the roof, and as Bryan said in another thread, it really flies when you can do it from the roof. So my dilemma. What and where to get a harness and ropes, and how to tie off. Especially with the winter finally arriving, a couple more installs and then the take downs coming, I do not wan tot make my first season my last.

SO I was hoping you guys could maybe point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

onebreezer
12-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey,
I got mine off ebay. Brand new in the box. I buy a lot off ebay. I have not used mine yet. We just finished our third job and I have two more to install. We will have them out this week.

addictedtolandscaping
12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Any thing in particular to look for??

onebreezer
12-06-2009, 11:33 PM
i just got something that someone would scale a cliff in very professional about 75 bucks or so

David Gretzmier
12-07-2009, 12:26 AM
a real outdoor sporting goods store will have climbing harnesses for rock climbing. buy new. used is dangerous. also, use real rock climbing rope. shingles ae extremely abrasive like rock. ropes at lowe's are not really made for human life support, but the solid woven or braded ( not twisted ) that are thick would be my 2nd choice.