PDA

View Full Version : Looking for business partner NJ

polska
12-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Hello I've been in business for about 2 years now. And I am getting burn't out doing everything by myself. I am a real go getter and can't see myself making it on my own. I am looking for an indivdual that has a passon for landscaping that is in the same boat I'm in. I a 24 years old and love to work. I have all the equipment. If your in the same boat as I'm in and in New Jersey let me know. ASAP Thanks guys

DLAWNS
12-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Hello I've been in business for about 2 years now. And I am getting burn't out doing everything by myself. I am a real go getter and can't see myself making it on my own. I am looking for an indivdual that has a passon for landscaping that is in the same boat I'm in. I a 24 years old and love to work. I have all the equipment. If your in the same boat as I'm in and in New Jersey let me know. ASAP Thanks guys

Try posting this in the Jersey Guys thread in the "Network with people from your area" forum. Lots of Jersey dudes seem to pass through there. Hopefully that will help you out a bit.

g21
12-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Be careful what you wish for. Taking on a partner is a big step. I'm not sure what size your operation is but you may want to consider hiring an Operations Manager. Being a little premature about bringing in senior management might make more sense than giving half your company away.

Valk
12-08-2009, 10:40 AM
If you each bring 30 lawns to the table...you'll then be making 60 stops/week and making (essentially) the same money (each). Sounds like it'll take longer to do as well.

frontier landscaping
12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
i am right over in long hill not to far. i was going to do the same then with a friend but then i thought about it it just did not make sense to split the money like that

SW Services
12-08-2009, 09:13 PM
i too have considered this but then thought about it. It is VERY risky if one person decides to split ways and takes all the customers. I have seen this all too often and its expensive to draw up a contract between owners to eliminate that problem. I would advise against it.

polska
12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
as I agree with all you but nothing is 100% in thiis day of age. Take for example marriage. You have to hope for the best and have trust. I was looking for someone in the same boat as I'm in. If business was easy everyone would have a business its the hardest thing i've had to deal with.

JB1
12-08-2009, 09:36 PM
as I agree with all you but nothing is 100% in thiis day of age. Take for example marriage. You have to hope for the best and have trust. I was looking for someone in the same boat as I'm in. If business was easy everyone would have a business its the hardest thing i've had to deal with.

x 2 with partner.

zturncutter
12-08-2009, 09:43 PM
My experience, started my current corp. in 1992 with a partner, we both brought about $40,000 annual revenue to the company. We were best friends, after 5 years I was doing all the billing, he just would not help. I was doing all the landscape design and sales, he was going to learn but never bothered. He pulled the same salary had a company truck as well. One day he tells me he just does not want a big company anymore, it's to much for him, just wants to cut grass keep it simple, h!ll that's all he was doing anyway. We split the company about 70/30, one year later I bought out what he had left and he left the state. IMHO unless you are very lucky in finding just the right partner you should maintain control and find a top notch foreman.

DuallyVette
12-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Hire the help...don't "marry" it.

NEVER NEVER NEVER.

Nolimit124
12-28-2009, 12:23 AM
yeah you can hire help for $100-150 a day that way you are doing less work. Its much smarter then getting a partner. If you bring a partner on board its sometimes a huge problem. Someone once told me if you can do it on your own then do it. So it makes more sense to hire someone. Expecially in this economy there are alot of people willing to work.

RJR7110
12-28-2009, 08:36 AM
yeah you can hire help for $100-150 a day that way you are doing less work. Its much smarter then getting a partner. If you bring a partner on board its sometimes a huge problem. Someone once told me if you can do it on your own then do it. So it makes more sense to hire someone. Expecially in this economy there are alot of people willing to work.

I agree. A lot of problems can occur if you bring on a partner. My mom wanted to start her own accounting business with a partner but it never got off the ground because of disagreements between the two. :nono:

hackitdown
12-28-2009, 08:46 AM

The hard things don't go away when you take on a partner.

As someone already said, if there are specific parts of running a business that you are unable to get done, hire someone to do it. There are people out there that are willing to do sales, back-office stuff, repairs, mowing, management, anything you need. I use part timers all the time.