PDA

View Full Version : CONDO COMPLEX DESIGN/INSTALL

FIREMAN
04-22-2000, 05:17 PM
ANY BODY INTERESTED IN GOING PARTNERS ON A NEW DESIGN INSTALL FOR A 200 UNIT CONDO COMPLEX ? A RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER IS INVOLVED IN THE DEVELOPER END AND HAS LIKED MY WORK FOR HIMSELF AND HIS NEIGHBORS FOR YEARS, HOWEVER THIS JOB IS A BIT OUT OF MY REACH RIGHT NOW. I'D LIKE TO TRY AND BREAK INTO THIS MARKET BUT I'M AFRAID TO OVERSTETCH MY RESOURCES AND HURT EXISTING BUSINESS. I'VE CONSIDERED SUB-CONTRACTING PORTIONS OF THE JOB AND WILL NEED TO IF I CAN'T FIND SOMEONE INTERESTED IN THIS PROJECT. I REALIZE THIS IS A STRANGE WAY TO FORM A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE BUT I'M AFRAID TO DEAL WITH SOME OF THE LARGER INSTALLATION CO.'S I KNOW IN THE AREA. MY FEAR IS LOSING THE WHOLE JOB TO A LOWER BIDDER. AGAIN SUBS ARE WELCOME TO REPLY TO THIS FORUM AS I MAY NEED TO TAKE THE BACKSEAT ON CERTAIN ASPECTS OF THIS JOB. THE JOB IS LOCATED IN NEW JERSEY. AS FAR AS SUBS GO MAY NEED....FINISH GRADING,HYDROSEEDING AND MULCH BLOWING. ANY AND ALL REPLIES ARE WELCOME....AGAIN I HAVE NEVER BEEN INVOLVED WITH SUCH A LARGE PROJECT ANY ONE WITH EXPIERIENCE IN THIS MARKET PLEASE ADVISE WHETHER, IN YOUR OPINION THIS IS A GOOD OR BAD MOVE FOR A SMALLER CONTRACTOR TO MAKE A MARK IN THIS SEGMENT. MY OPINION IS THAT IF YOU NEVER TRY YOU WILL NEVER KNOW, BUT MY FEAR IS BITING OFF TOO MUCH AND HARMING A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH A LOYAL CUSTOMER THAT HAS REFERED ME MORE WORK THAN ANY ADVERTISING I HAVE EVER DONE.

Alan
04-22-2000, 07:22 PM
If it wasn't so damn far away I'd do the fine grade and hydroseeding for you. I'd love to get into a job of that magnitude up here. What's the time frame on it?

FIREMAN
04-23-2000, 04:15 PM
so far all that is done is the curbing....construction is just beggining..may start in the fall depending upon construction progress...if not spring.

Starling Lawn
04-23-2000, 04:42 PM
are you trying to do the complete install?meaning plant material,irrigation?i would suggest taking the road you are taking now.find some reputible subs in the area,then bid it out.you can act out as the contractor for the job.just make sure you have the proper bonding and that your subs have the same.<br>by the way,i`m availible in oct.lol<br>dave<br>