PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy's new gear

dwost
12-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Just hit the site and saw this. Looks like they unveiled a bunch of stuff at GIE including a couple new adds to their utility vehicle line, push mowers and several new Z's.

http://www.badboymowers.com/view/badboy-mowers

brucec
12-08-2009, 02:25 AM
You guys and your damn bad boys..................................................... How is it going Dwost?

dwost
12-08-2009, 08:41 AM
LOL........hey Bruce, all is going very well thanks for asking. How about you? I put 98 hours on the BB this summer and she ran like a champ. I had a couple small items that I'm replacing over the winter under warranty. Nothing major just the rubber handlebar covers and the fuel gauge went out on me. Other than that no issues at all. I ended up running the double blade setup consisting of the stock Fusions with silver streak gators on top. I've been extremely satisfied with the cut quality with this setup. I'm going to get a couple more sets of streaks over the winter and I should be good to go.

mowerbrad
12-08-2009, 09:32 AM
I looked at those new models, and the compact diesel is only $9999. And that has a 28hp CAT on it too. I'd probably look into badboy more if I had a dealer around me.

Illini_Fan
12-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I looked at those new models, and the compact diesel is only $9999. And that has a 28hp CAT on it too. I'd probably look into badboy more if I had a dealer around me.

I have a dealer in Sparta. I know that is about 40 minutes. I will be working in your area this winter.

grassman177
12-12-2009, 08:21 PM
we currently are running the Kubota 326. diesel in case you were unfamiliar with the lineup. probably so as i think they are very comparable mowers.

we have really been happy with the mowers as they have a strong drive system that requires min maint. the power has been good, i wish they would have kept the 28 hp for their models. the 31hp was a powerhouse so i know the cat 35 badboys have must be a hoss.

there is simply not a good dealer here . i think they are a solid machine and have no doubt i would be happy owning one, but dealer support is where it is at for us. there is only one thing i am uncertain about and that is cut quality and discharge.

the Kubota deck is pretty darn capable, although prefer to run lower lift blades to handle more grass on the discharge as i am often mowing some pretty wet and way thick and tall grass. i would like to see how one mows, for the very least a comparison. anyways thought i would chime in.

mowerbrad
12-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I have a dealer in Sparta. I know that is about 40 minutes. I will be working in your area this winter.

That is news to me that there is a dealer in sparta. That would actually be about 50 minutes for me, which I'm not apposed to but it does make getting parts/service a little tricky if I need it quick. Since it would probably take atleast 2 hours to drive to the dealer, get the parts I need, then drive back...it does take a little bit of time out of my day then. I have always wanted to at least take a look at the bad boys and see them up close.

grassman177
12-12-2009, 10:47 PM
our dealer(s) two locations that sell some of the same and some different brands are not all that close. the closest is 45 min, the other is at least 1 hr or more. we travel to these though a few are closer they lack the customer service we have come to expet out of the one we have. outstanding and has been a good dealer for 28 years to us. so i find it slightly amusing when you talk about dealers that are and hour or less away as being a little to far. not draggin on any of you, just saying.

MJB
12-12-2009, 11:48 PM
I hope they get the Outlaw into production soon. But I like that diesel too.

Shoot if I had an ok dealer that could get parts quickly within 100 miles I'd be
happy. Some of you guys are spoiled I've been in business 18 yrs and always bought mowers from dealers as far as 250 miles away. I order the parts and install them myself. No dealers support for my Exmarks and Hustlers unless I drive a 100 miles.
My Walker dealer was over 200 miles away yet I could get parts in 2 days. Just made sure I had enough backup mowers around to fill in while one was down.

Illini_Fan
12-14-2009, 01:57 AM
That is news to me that there is a dealer in sparta. That would actually be about 50 minutes for me, which I'm not apposed to but it does make getting parts/service a little tricky if I need it quick. Since it would probably take atleast 2 hours to drive to the dealer, get the parts I need, then drive back...it does take a little bit of time out of my day then. I have always wanted to at least take a look at the bad boys and see them up close.

They are located on the NW corner of M37 and 10 Mile Rd.