PDA

View Full Version : Name your price!!! 10,000 sqft lawn 20 min to complete trim edge blow

Perfect touch landscapes
12-08-2009, 12:42 AM
What whould you charge? 2o min menhours no other lawns nearby. Name state that you are from and if your price considerers low or high
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect touch landscapes
12-08-2009, 12:43 AM
My price is 30- 35 depending on level of dificulty. State missouri
Posted via Mobile Device

stevenf
12-08-2009, 12:50 AM
I would charge $30-$35 also depending on minor details. State of Louisiana.

unkownfl
12-08-2009, 12:52 AM
One time cut or multiple cuttings?

corey4671
12-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Same as above. $30-$35 depending on if this is a sloped lot, gated backyard, corner lot, amount of trimming invloved. Tennessee

pylnrcr
12-08-2009, 01:13 AM
$35 minimum. Central Ohio. (assuming this is a full season client)

Perfect touch landscapes
12-08-2009, 01:36 AM
I don't do one time or two times or when they call me I don't do byweekly unless I charge 40% more. Whole season or more
Posted via Mobile Device

topsites
12-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Sorry, I never give a price without first looking at the work.

Perfect touch landscapes
12-08-2009, 01:45 AM
I just bid on dealership normally it would be 25 minute job. Lawn has been skipped for about two- three month we talking12-16 inches long problem he had 20 islands all about 150 sqft and all islands surrounded with highest curbs I have ever seen, I would of had 8 yards of grass if I bagged and pushmower wouldn't handle it and ztr would get deck all f•••• •• going over curbs. Ither way I gave him bid one time 250 and there after 60 he chocked on 250 I toldhim if he call back tomorrow I will not want to do it at all , when I told him I can do it for 55 with year contract he said door for 55 now and then we will see, I told him I forgot we are booked for the whole year and have no more room(lol)
Posted via Mobile Device

chris@perfectlawncare
12-08-2009, 08:05 AM
$35 minimum. Central Ohio. (assuming this is a full season client)

+1
Posted via Mobile Device

JB1
12-08-2009, 08:34 AM
$43.99..........

txgrassguy
12-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Without more information I will not estimate.
Way to many factors such as site location, traffic, slope considerations, turf type, potential for ancilliary damage to property, etc all combine to establish a price.
Plus, like Top, I won't estimate unless I walk the property first.

Think Green
12-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Perfect Touch,
If the property is the one you described, then we would have opted for the seasonal fee of 55-65 per week with a signed contract from the owner and not the manager.
Without pictures and all the lot of other things the rest of the panel descscribed as possible obstacles, It is impossible to surmise the difficulty level. It has been our experience that in a car lot.........there will be excess trash, cigarette butts, bottles, you name it. There will be signs and flags stuck all over the property if not hanging from the parking lots. Little burming islands here and there are still hard to maintain and line trim. It will require either push mowing or line trimmer finishing!
My question..............Why was it let to grow this tall before you making the bid??
Seems that money was owed to someone else or the owner recently aquired the lot.

Too much to speculate without some photo's. The price of a 10K lawns will differ from locale and site. There are two differences here......1. 10K of residential lawn is price A.
2. 10K of Commercial Property is price B. Residential pricing is totally different than Commercial pricing.
Many of the local LCO's around here are charging the same rate for either and discovering that they are losing their shorts to underbidding their rates. Once the problem has been discovered, it is too late to recover the losses. The Commercial property now has become tagged as low cost bidding. That price has been engrained into the management and the owner eyes. So you either bid it low or don't bid at all......
I find the new comers into the business all jumping on these properties and eventually talk to them at the coffee shops. The failed rhetoric is all the same.

I am not coming across as disgruntled or angry!! I really hate to see commercial property treated as a quick means to glory! These properties are way underbid!!

However, if you can do the property in 20 minutes continuously each week....with no hassles expected in the future.....bid a one hour minimum for your business. I will not break the hourly rate for a 15 minute lawn. Stick to your one hour limit and let it be that!!

Perfect touch landscapes
12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
I understand there are allot of variables and there is no two lots the same, I sad it would take 20 minutes, now if it was dificult lot with tons of trash we all know it would take more then 20 minutes or one extra employees time to be in 20 minutes. I wanted to see what guys charge around USA . We all have lawns that pay 30c- 2.00$ a minute, I was asking typical lawn, forget about million obstacles every one of them brings. If you would run a radio add and quote where your prices start you would say lawns, run from as little as 30$, but you wouldn't have time explaining what lot needs to look like, same deal here. If you wouldn't bid on it with out seeying, why respond to this post. If I ever give some one quote over the phone it is estimate,(approximate) if they say ok then I confirm the price and sign contract to what it would be for season. Nothing is in stone and most customers know that. I tell them between 30 and 50 depending how long it takes us, if they bite I bid on it. If you go straigh to their property and bid on it , you don't even know if they ever had anyone pro mow for them, I try to weed out allot of time Wasters or one timers that will promise you full season but use you one time because their mower is in shop.
Posted via Mobile Device

unkownfl
12-08-2009, 01:18 PM
For the year I charge about 20-25x40 cuts for the year Orlando, FL.

Perfect touch landscapes
12-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Anyone here from nw? What are the prices there like
Posted via Mobile Device

pylnrcr
12-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I understand there are allot of variables and there is no two lots the same, I sad it would take 20 minutes, now if it was dificult lot with tons of trash we all know it would take more then 20 minutes or one extra employees time to be in 20 minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device

The 20 minute time frame mentioned in your initial description was what kinda gave a clue as to the overall difficulty. That was enough for me to give you an answer.

jsf343
12-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I would charge $20 to $25.00 because I like lowballing. NOT!

There is minimal info here, but based on what you mention I would strive for $35.00 to $45.00.

Like someone else said here, don't underbid, you will only dumb down your earnings, your industry, and yourself.

Yater
12-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Sorry, I never give a price without first looking at the work.

+1...What if they have a maze of sidewalks, a deck, which requires you to carry a 21" over it in order to get to the back yard, a pool, and 100 little plastic flags lining the walk ways? Been there...$75 per cut and hope they refuse.

Hawg City Lawns
12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
$30 if you can fit the zero if not $35, $40-$45 to bag. (Arkansas)

Perfect touch landscapes
12-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Men I love it when people just give you simple answer to simple question. Bam bam thank you ma'am.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
12-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Ok first he asked for 20 min job . Thats it . Takes longer to pick up dog dodo.
My min is $35 I dont care if it only takes me 10 min . Yes and next year its going to $40.
If they call me up on the phone and they ask. I tell them my min cut price but most likly it will be around $60 but will be glade to stop by and give them a price for the year !!!