PDA

View Full Version : Craigs Add so Great I Couldn't Decide Where to Post it

4 seasons lawn&land
12-08-2009, 05:00 PM
:dizzy: still trying to pick my jaw up of the floor.

I often hear the do-it-all superhero's refferenced negatively on this site and had to post this up as it brings a new meaning to the term.

http://albany.craigslist.org/lbs/1497361574.html

topsites
12-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah but those are exactly the kind of folks I hire when I need something
done around the house that I ain't dealing with, fact is most do a really nice
job and the price is almost always right.

You still gotta have the money :p

But them kind of folks they don't normally try and play stupid games with me, they're just glad
someone's willing to give them a chance, and it sure is a great way to cut my own costs, too.

Just to Power wash my 1-story house, I used to pay them fellows $89 (regular price is like $120!)
Same dang outcome, for real, they even did my cement walk way, I was tickled.

And if those guys in that ad were local to me I would have called them to come redo my bathroom, the wallpaper's
peeling, there are stains on the ceiling and the bath tub is rusting plus the caulk leaks.
I've been dreading it, we're talking THOUSANDS of dollars (worse still I'm sure there's a reason lol)

Them kind of folks right there, save yourself a quick 20 or 30 percent.
Granted, some ain't all that, take a small chance but most are pretty good.

Richard Martin
12-08-2009, 06:42 PM
And if those guys in that ad were local to me I would have called them to come redo my bathroom, the wallpaper's
peeling, there are stains on the ceiling and the bath tub is rusting plus the caulk leaks. I've been dreading it, we're talking THOUSANDS of dollars (worse still I'm sure there's a reason lol)

Too bad you're not closer to me. I'd take care of this for you.

WHIPPLE5.7
12-08-2009, 08:16 PM
It looks to me like just another couple trying make it in this tough old world. Things are getting lean for many and when the chips are down people will slave labor for next to nothing in return.

mowerbrad
12-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Like WHIPPLE5.7 said, it is probably just another couple trying to make a living in this economy. At least these people are out trying to make some money as opposed to some people who don't even make an effort. Maybe they aren't all that good at everything they do, but if they excel in just one thing, then they could get a lot of business. But if they are just trying to make some money, more power to them. Even if they only make $50 at the end of the day, thats $50 more than they had before.

Yes, they are one of those "companies" that will do just about anything, but at least they are trying to work.

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
12-08-2009, 08:53 PM
What don't they do? I bet they aren't even licensed or insured in one of those catagories.
Posted via Mobile Device

4 seasons lawn&land
12-08-2009, 09:25 PM
one section actually said insured.

I dont have a problem with them really just thought the ad looked silly with the range of services.

They will clean your house, help you pack?!?!?! mow your lawn, paint your house after they finish your rock wall right before they seal the driveway unless they have to shingle the house first.

I looks really funny is the main point.

"ALL exterior paint jobs under $3500" That does mean they're mowing $100 lawns for 30 bucks but I'm numb to that problem at this point. I realize your just always going to have to deal with it.

jbell36
12-08-2009, 10:35 PM
peeling, there are stains on the ceiling and the bath tub is rusting plus the caulk leaks.

sucks that you caulk leaks...:)

demhustler
12-09-2009, 12:35 AM
one section actually said insured.

I dont have a problem with them really just thought the ad looked silly with the range of services.

They will clean your house, help you pack?!?!?! mow your lawn, paint your house after they finish your rock wall right before they seal the driveway unless they have to shingle the house first.

I looks really funny is the main point.

"ALL exterior paint jobs under $3500" That does mean they're mowing $100 lawns for 30 bucks but I'm numb to that problem at this point. I realize your just always going to have to deal with it.
true, after all that:

"We offer general landscape work;
Mowing,weedwhacking, raking, weed eating, brush clean up, planting, mulching,
Chain saw work (small-x-large), pruning and trimming, brush removal, making curb appeal,
General landscaping, patios, decks, and much more!
There are discounts with all bi-weekly and monthly accounts, your save up to $100.
BOOK FOR THE 10 SEASON : MOST LAWNS START AT $30 +"

- great couple
- what "BOOK FOR THE 10 SEASON" mean? book for 10 years?

LouisianaLawnboy
12-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Here is my take on these type of people:

Most people who hire them know what type of person they will be getting. I wouldn't hire them to do ANYTHING structurally to my house, but like Toppie said I might get them to wash or paint.

farmboy1285
12-09-2009, 01:02 AM
I dont see anything wrong. Yes they offer a large list of services and yes they are probably not insured, but I dont really care. Truth is they are just trying to make it the tough economy and if they do good work Id hire them in a heartbeat. Looks a lot better than some of the other craigslist postings I have come across.

PMLawns
12-09-2009, 01:13 AM
what "BOOK FOR THE 10 SEASON" mean? book for 10 years?

PMLawns
12-09-2009, 01:17 AM
what "BOOK FOR THE 10 SEASON" mean? book for 10 years? I think what they were referring to, however improperly, was the 2010 season.

demhustler
12-09-2009, 01:27 AM
I dont see anything wrong. Yes they offer a large list of services and yes they are probably not insured, but I dont really care. Truth is they are just trying to make it the tough economy and if they do good work Id hire them in a heartbeat. Looks a lot better than some of the other craigslist postings I have come across.

ok, but you know -you'll be dealing with people who making promises they couldn't keep (basically - lying... nothing new in this world, though)

farmboy1285
12-09-2009, 01:40 AM
ok, but you know -you'll be dealing with people who making promises they couldn't keep (basically - lying... nothing new in this world, though)

Not necessarily, Im my opinion its worth giving them a chance if they seem ligit. Offer them a basic job like power washing and see how they do then go from there, but I can guarantee I wouldnt be paying them a dime until the work is completely done.

joel29m
12-09-2009, 01:59 AM
its so much on there, it threw me off alittle, but they better stand by that ad!!!!

exmark614
12-09-2009, 03:43 AM
That does mean they're mowing $100 lawns for 30 bucks but I'm numb to that problem at this point. I realize your just always going to have to deal with it.

I wonder what they're runnin for mowers. Probly similar to what Whipple5.7 has in his sig :laugh:

eatonpcat
12-09-2009, 07:00 AM
sucks that you caulk leaks...:)

Yep... Getting old sucks, I suggest dark colored undies, Can't see the spots in the front or the back!!!:laugh::laugh: