PDA

View Full Version : 52in next lazer questions

murrayslandscaping22
12-08-2009, 11:39 PM
im looking to get a 52in next lazer next year well ive been looking at them and thinking about getting one. before i demo one i was wondering if anyone knew a price range i would be looking at for a 52in next lazer?

unkownfl
12-09-2009, 12:05 AM
7500+tax for a 23hp here in Orlando thats what I was quoted. I went with a z400 for 6800.

ricky86
12-09-2009, 12:06 AM
A lot. But a G3 Toro has a superior deck. And why wait. Chances of the price going down is slim.

murrayslandscaping22
12-09-2009, 03:08 PM
ya i was thinking of trying to get a left over maybe from my dealer im going to demo one withing the next week so well see what he can do for me

ElephantNest
12-10-2009, 08:30 AM
I had the Next Lazer with a 27HP, and it SUCKED! Biggest POS I've ever owned.

Look for my thread titled "disappointed in exmark".

Wouldn't mulch, barely cut, hardly any power. Bogged down in 8 days of growth......so it would leave clumps, then I'd go back and try to disperse the clumps, and the CLUMPS bogged it down!

DEMO DEMO DEMO !!

lotsagrass
12-10-2009, 08:54 AM
I had the Next Lazer with a 27HP, and it SUCKED! Biggest POS I've ever owned.

Look for my thread titled "disappointed in exmark".

Wouldn't mulch, barely cut, hardly any power. Bogged down in 8 days of growth......so it would leave clumps, then I'd go back and try to disperse the clumps, and the CLUMPS bogged it down!

DEMO DEMO DEMO !!

Is this compared to the previous version of the Lazer?

ElephantNest
12-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Yes, but I've never had a 52" before. I currently have a 15HP 36" Turf Tracer and a 31HP60" Lazer. Both cut flawlessly. I've had numerous exmarks. None of which ever cut bad, much less terribly.

My dealer brought to my job site a 52" Lazer trivantage with 23HP and it cut circles around my Next Lazer with the 27HP. I finally got my money back.

That set up may very well cut grass in your area perfectly. It DID cut St. Aug, and centipede beautifully, was almost impossible to scalp with, had a lot of nice features, it just didn't work well with our combination of grasses & weeds I guess.....or it was just a lemon, but it seemed to do everything it was supposed to, rpm, blade-tip, etc.-wise.