PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestion on a shred and vac a little more than a hand held blower?

Alan0354
12-08-2009, 11:45 PM
I have been thinking about buying a shred and vac. Last time when I was asking about the Stihl SH86, people did say it is not that strong. I don't want to get a full on big shreder, just a little better than a hand held blower conversion.....Say something of 40 to 50cc range.

Thanks
Alan

demhustler
12-09-2009, 12:22 AM
50-60cc - it's backpack blower range; conversion - wouldn't worth it;
there is walk-behind vacuums - like BillyGoat or smaller - Honda (like push-mower, only vac&blower) - many have hose attachment, i think it's better try;

topsites
12-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Yes, even thou there is no such thing as an easy leaf cleanup, it is
certainly very possible to make leaf cleanups truly hard on yourself.

Alan0354
12-09-2009, 03:11 AM
So there is nothing in between?!!:hammerhead:

I definitely do not want to buy a push blower and vac!!! I guess the Stihl SH86 is still in running for me!!!

You think any mower with quadra blades like Honda can serve as vac and mulching for curb and sidewalk to pickup and mulch leaves? I have an old crappy mower, you think if I crank up the rpm to create a better suction, would that work?

That bring up another question, why mowers are set to around 3000rpm, not higher?

ed2hess
12-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Those mulch/vac are for playing around. I tried a 5hp billygoat WB and it didnt' work very well. A big leaf caught in it right off and chocked it off and I realized how dumb I was and boxed it up for return. The Honda will pick up stuff and you don't need any special blade. We mulched up the leaves with the plug in outlet then after we ran over them a few times then took plug out and bagged the remains when it was necessary. Most of the times it was good enough.