PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Techo Block's PA plant

Twitchy
12-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Last week i was invited to the Techo plant in PA to check out both facilities and to see the manufacturing and quality control of their stone products. It was impressive. Their quality control is second to none. As the stone comes from the mold it is checked for proper moisture(strength), temperature, and height. Workers check the height on all four sides w/ a machined block of metal to insure that every stone is perfect, especially the wall stone. If it doesn't meet any of those standards it dumped. No wet casts or veneer are produced in these plants, those are done in the Canadian plant. Techo stops the manufacturing of their products around Dec 18 and starts up again around March 1st. Can't make a quality paving stone w/ frozen aggregate, and that something Techo holds very true.

* The first set of pics are cured 3'' mini creta wall stone getting ready to be split, tumbled and palleted.

Twitchy
12-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Here are a couple pics of the dry mix coming from the silo, getting ready for water. Their yard is stocked, Techo pallets as far as the eye can see. The last pic is Techo's wall block called Monumental, it's huge, 4 to a skid. They're 3.45 sqft each and 665lbs.

DVS Hardscaper
12-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Great products. Definitely 2nd to none.

but...i hear some contractors have been having problems getting paid in a timely manner for building displays at supplier locations, as well as getting reimbursed for materials used for trade shows through the Techo-Pro program....

Seeing the empty pallets in the fotos reminds me: I've been wanting to sign my company name on them with a black, bold, permanent marker to see if they end up with anyone from this message board.

mhilton
12-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Techo gives me my material for the trade shows free of costs right through my distributor. This is my first year being techo - pro and there program is I think the best out there they go above and beyond for me.

Twitchy
12-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Techo gives me my material for the trade shows free of costs right through my distributor. This is my first year being techo - pro and there program is I think the best out there they go above and beyond for me.
I've applied for the Techo pro program a couple weeks ago, just waiting for them to get back to me. I believe they have the best product and try to sell it on every job.

tthomass
12-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I like how they advertise there products as precious "stones".......grrrr

mhilton
12-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah there product makes our installation alot easier because there is no flaws in there product,

Twitchy
12-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I like how they advertise there products as precious "stones".......grrrr
Compared to the other crap that is out there, they are "precious". I know, i know Tthomas your a natural stone guy.

mhilton
12-09-2009, 07:34 PM
We install Pavers, Natural stone, and decorative concrete we tell our customers that it is what type of look you are going for. (BUDGET plays a factor as well)

tthomass
12-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I do pavers too, I just think its funny how they reference stone. All about marketing.

murrayslandscaping22
12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
this place is 15 mins from my house

zedosix
12-09-2009, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE=DVS Hardscaper;3313366]
Seeing the empty pallets in the fotos reminds me: I've been wanting to sign my company name on them with a black, bold, permanent marker to see if they end up with anyone from this message board.

,/QUOTE]

They're definetely not #1 in one area and thats the junk pallets they put their product on. Permacon has them beat in this area, you can run over them with a skid and they don't fall apart. Too bad their product doesn't match their pallets.

zedosix
12-09-2009, 11:35 PM

They're definetely not #1 in one area and thats the junk pallets they put their product on. Permacon has them beat in this area, you can run over them with a skid and they don't fall apart. Too bad their product doesn't match their pallets.

stuvecorp
12-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Cool pictures, I love seeing how stuff is made.

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
12-18-2009, 11:28 AM
I have only done a couple small projects, a small tiered wall and a planter. I'm getting my hardscape experience slowly! Anyway, I have been to Techos contractor show the last 2 years. I'd like to try thier product, but the way they sell to suppliers doesn't allow for partial pallets. My vendor purchases Versa-Lok from R.I. Lampus in Pittsburgh and I can order 1 piece if that's all I wanted.

scagrider22
12-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know if Techo Block is sold any where near Akron/Medina OH, area Im always interested in trying new stuff.

Twitchy
12-19-2009, 05:18 PM
I have only done a couple small projects, a small tiered wall and a planter. I'm getting my hardscape experience slowly! Anyway, I have been to Techos contractor show the last 2 years. I'd like to try thier product, but the way they sell to suppliers doesn't allow for partial pallets. My vendor purchases Versa-Lok from R.I. Lampus in Pittsburgh and I can order 1 piece if that's all I wanted.
Sound like your supplier probably doesn't move that much Techo product or has a sm yard. Because i can buy rows of just about any of the Techo products from my supplier.