PDA

View Full Version : flo and go gas can and jump packs

rhatala
12-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Has anyone bought and used the Flo n go gas tank it looks like a fuel pump with a hose and holds 14 gallons. I was wondering is it worth the $100 price tag. Also i was wondering if anybody out there carries a jump pack to jump dead mower batteries in the fall cold mornings and what is the best brand or model. Thanks for any possible help and all comments are welcomed.

topsites
12-10-2009, 02:03 AM
No I haven't, no I doubt it, yes I have, who cares what brand.

CkLandscapingOrlando
12-10-2009, 06:41 AM
No on the gas yes on the box

brucec32
12-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Has anyone bought and used the Flo n go gas tank it looks like a fuel pump with a hose and holds 14 gallons. I was wondering is it worth the $100 price tag. Also i was wondering if anybody out there carries a jump pack to jump dead mower batteries in the fall cold mornings and what is the best brand or model. Thanks for any possible help and all comments are welcomed.

I saw those type things and liked the nozzle idea but realized that I didnt' really want 14 gallons of flammable liquid rushing out all at once if it got punctured, or I got in an accident, and that it's pretty heavy and unwieldy for my type of use. I would rather diversify the risk having more smaller cans on hand.

I'm not a big operation but I do prefer to gas up the night before or the morning before in the shop anyway, rather than letting it ride and having to do it in the 98 degree heat when I'm eager to get back to work. Most of my machines can go long enough before running out of fuel, so I only carry a couple of steel 2 gallon safety cans on the trailer as a reserve. I would assume that even with bigger crews doing large properties most mowers could go the day without a major refilling in the field, but those bigger machines may be an exception.

I have always carried a charger, it's some no-name unit and even after many many years, seems to still hold a charge. I only have to recharge it maybe once a year, which is amazing.

STIHL GUY
12-10-2009, 06:56 PM
i have looked into the gas tank and decided that i wouldnt really need it. i have not used a battery box but i have used my truck to jump a piece of equipment before

rhatala
12-10-2009, 10:58 PM
now that you mention that 14 gallons is a bit much to be sloshing around and possible spill in an accident.

I have used my truck to jump a mower but it is a pain to push the mower off the trailer and to the truck every lawn so i am definitely getting a jump box

Petr51488
12-11-2009, 01:03 AM
I have 2 of the flo and go tanks. Their not the greatest, but they do their job. I don't use mine every day, just to store diesel in it and put it in my truck whenever. Its cheaper to just go with the 5 gallon gas tanks. You also have to keep pumping with your hand for the fuel to come out, unless your flo n go is higher then the tank filling.

Michdeere
12-11-2009, 05:04 PM
I have used my truck to jump a mower but it is a pain to push the mower off the trailer and to the truck every lawn so i am definitely getting a jump box

Why don't you just replace the battery in your mower and/or correct the charging problem?

flatlander42
12-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd rather buy a good battery for my truck, and keep the old one charged up. Put that on your rig and keep jumper cables handy. A good jump box would get spendy$$$.

N.TX
12-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Just a random comment here but I have actually jumped my truck with my mower before one time.

Country Side Lawn Care
12-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Just a random comment here but I have actually jumped my truck with my mower before one time.

Atleast you didn't have to push your truck to your mower! :laugh:

corey4671
12-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I've always had one of those jump starts in the tool box in my truck. Has saved me multiple times both with the mower and the truck.

As far as the gas can. I bought one about three years ago. As has been said, it is a pain to stand there and keep pumping it. What I do with it is I have a 5 gallon can that I fill up and fill the 14 gallon as well. I cut the hose so that is just long enough to reach my 5 gallon can when it is sitting on the ground. When I empty the 5 gallon can I refill it from the 14 gallon. Usually keeps me from having to stop at the gas pump for several days.