PDA

View Full Version : Red Max handheld blower

BigMike450
12-10-2009, 08:42 AM
I have Redmax backpacks and was considering their handheld. How powerful are they? Hate to buy one and find that it is weak like the home owner models. Thanks in advance,Mike.

MOHUSTLER
12-10-2009, 09:57 AM
We sell shindy, redmax, and echo. Out of all them our LCO's perfer the redmax about 95% of the time.

Mike Blevins
12-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I have the Redmax handheld blower. I believe its the 2600? Great power,very lightweight, going on its 6th year and still going strong. I would recommend the Redmax to anyone who wants a great handheld blower.

Valk
12-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Good blower...moves a lot of air for a handheld. Mine has been very dependable, though a bit cold-blooded at first start-up sometimes, but not always.

jbell36
12-10-2009, 03:07 PM
not a big fan...it takes about 20 seconds or so EVERY time you start it to actually use it, it's very very annoying...we have two other brands, shindaiwa and a JD 4-cycle, and both are much better, at least starting wise...redmax is not bad once u get it going but if you do 25 or so yards a day it gets very annoying sitting there and just waiting for it to warm up...it might be due to the new emissions bullshit so all makes and models might be the same now but i'm not impressed with the redmax, least favorite of the 3...going with stihl next time

sels
12-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Ive had 1 for some time now. the only reason i bought it was the dealer was a good friend and it was cheaper than the stihl bg 85. the thing starts easy but has no where near the power of the stihl bg 85 or 86 and is not very well balanced. redmax also does not make a gutter attachment for it. the stihl bg 85 or 86 is as powerful as some small hand held. im not anti redmax ihave backpack and trimmers but there hand held is not worth it.

Thunderhead
12-10-2009, 04:42 PM
I have the Redmax HBZ 2601 hand held blower. I don't have but just a couple hours on it but I love it. Very powerful. It is definately alittle cold natured, but I Always let my equipment warm up before hammering the throttle. My theory is when it starts taking the gas after its cranked, thats when it's warmed up (about 20-30 seconds)!lol:laugh:

Thunderhead:)

MONTE
12-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Strong hand held but very very very annoying on start up. Cold natured hate it for that reason. I have a tanaka 2510 blows just as hard but if it sits in the sun it vapor locks. Bought an Echo 251 and could not be happier. Has almost as much power starts easy and does not vapor.

lawnboy dan
12-11-2009, 07:53 AM
my redmax hand blower has been going strong for 15 years.

Mowingman
12-11-2009, 08:21 AM
I was a Redmax dealer before I sold my store. I love their equipment overall. However, I would not own another one of the handheld blowers they have produced in the last 3 or 4 years. They simply do not want to run when cold, and will not run worth a darn in hot weather. I have had my carb. apart to clean and make adjustments many times, and it still runs like crap. I just recently tossed it in the shed, and bought a new Echo hand blower. It is not as powerful, but at least It runs well all the time.
Redmax makes great stuff, EXCEPT, for their handheld blowers.