PDA

View Full Version : hustler fastrak

ccorts
05-20-2002, 10:45 AM
I mow 5-7 acres per week and have been looking at Z's. A local dealer tells me that the hustler fastrak (looking at 52" 20hp) is a commercial mower. Is it classified as a commercial unit or homeowners, as others have posted? Would my amount of mowing warrant purchasing a commercial unit? He quoted me a price of $5400 and I am curious as to how this figure compares elsewhere. Someone recently posted their price of $4800 for same unit. Thanks for your comments.

ple_1969
05-20-2002, 03:51 PM
I canít help you on price but your local distributor is very mistaken! (Hey PJ, you need to educate this sales guy).

The Fastrak is not a commercial machine. It is designed for homeowners who cut bout 5 acres per week. It is a very rugged ZTR but for the homeowner. From my understanding, the deck spindles are not as heavy duty as a commercial unit and might be some other difference. This is one of the reasons for the price on it. Take a look at something comparable on a commercial will easily be about $1000 more.

Now if you are looking for something compact in a commercial ZTR Hustler will be coming out with a commercial version of the Fastrak this summer.

Pete

mowerconsultant
05-20-2002, 09:22 PM
Pete is right.
The FasTrak is for homeowners only.
The only things not commercial on the FasTrak are the hydros and the seat maybe....
5-7 acres once a week would be no problem with this unit.
The spindles are different from the std Z's we make, but they are commercial, they are the same as the ones found in the Exmark I believe.

As stated by Pete, we will have the commercial version of a FasTrak very soon, we will be showing them in Louisville.
It will have regular Hydros, better seat, more engine options, bigger tires.
Then there will be a Mini Super Z, 24hp Honda or 25hp Kawasaki 52" deck or smaller engine and 44" deck

Later
Pj

RichR
07-10-2002, 08:39 PM
Ccorts, I live in Mi. too. What dealer did you get your quote for the 52/20honda Fastrak from? I'm looking for the same thing.

Also, PJ, what is the estimated cost of the new "commercial fastrak" going to go for, and what engines will be available?

Rich

mowerconsultant
07-12-2002, 07:14 PM
The Hustler Minis are going to be out this month.
Here is a link to all the prices.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=275398#post275398

DLS1
07-28-2002, 10:18 AM
Hey Mowerconsultant

I am thinking about buying a ztr for part-time mowing that I started this year. I am confused about statements about the Fastrak which I like the price of it new. Currently I have less than 5 acres a week to mow for an account but would hopefully have more accounts like this next year since I would own a ztr and go after large accounts. I also mow about 3 acres at our house. I am currently using a Sears 44" rider.

Your quote is

"The FasTrak is for homeowners only.
The only things not commercial on the FasTrak are the hydros and the seat maybe....
5-7 acres once a week would be no problem with this unit.
The spindles are different from the std Z's we make, but they are commercial, they are the same as the ones found in the Exmark I believe."

Are the spindles really same as Exmark? If yes, then only difference that is not commercial is seat and hydros. How many hours is the commercial hydros rated versus those on Fastrak or however they are rated? What is the cost of replacing a hydro on a Fastrak. I like the price of new models versus commercial prices. This is a loaded question but is the cut the same as Exmark? I have not demoed Exmark yet.