PDA

View Full Version : big dog mowers?

MONTE
12-10-2009, 09:48 PM
anyone looked at these machines yet? I took my second close look at a 54" and a 60" on a rep trailer today. They are virtually the same as the hustler except for the engine set up and the dual mount scalp wheels. I did not notice any other diffrence except color and name. anyone elso know of any other diffrences?

MONTE
12-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Anyone have any input?

subhunter
12-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Haven't had the opportunity to really look at one as yet, but they're considered a "value" level Z. Means they're basically Hustlers cheapened up in some way to keep the price down.

MONTE
12-13-2009, 09:41 PM
when I talked to the rep. He said the machines are the same as a hustler except for engine options color, the dual posts on the deck and engine location. He did say the reason for price diffrence is there is very little time or no time for floor planning and the warranty was not as long, also no advertising budget. If you take that out of the product pricing would drop for sure! I do like the Red color however sure was pretty:) Not sure how long it would stay that way however.

Landscape Poet
12-14-2009, 12:02 AM
when I talked to the rep. He said the machines are the same as a hustler except for engine options color, the dual posts on the deck and engine location. He did say the reason for price diffrence is there is very little time or no time for floor planning and the warranty was not as long, also no advertising budget. If you take that out of the product pricing would drop for sure! I do like the Red color however sure was pretty:) Not sure how long it would stay that way however.

Been looking to see one of these at any dealer in the Orlando area cause that is what I had heard. I figured with a Hustler distro center down here, since they are set up the same, my dealer could get parts by next day, so why pay a premium if I can get it cheaper.

dwost
12-14-2009, 12:12 AM
They look pretty good: http://www.bigdogmowers.com/products.html

Anyone have pricing info on these?

bohiaa
12-14-2009, 11:39 PM
I think the worst thing that can happen if you purchase a NO name brand or Equipment.
or a not so common one. then they disappear. or your local dealer cant make money selling them.

and you have a break down, and cant get parts untill next Thursday, then when the part arrives, it's wrong...

THEN WHAT

JB1
12-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Hustler needs to concentrate and get some of there problems fixed with there yellow mowers before they start building red ones..

grassman177
12-15-2009, 01:41 AM
i was not under the impression there was issues with their z's. i know of a few guys running them without issues i iknow of

vharman4
12-15-2009, 01:31 PM
hustlers with red paint...

Landscape Poet
12-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Just a update on these as I got a update from my dealer the other day. The price I got was only $700 cheaper on the Big Dog than the Hustler Equipped the same way. Not worth it considering they do not have the same warranty if you ask me.
The other issue I have with this brand after talking to my dealer, they are basically charging Hustler dealers another franchise fee to sell this brand of mower. So essentially they are not wanting the Hustler dealers to sell them, they are wanting to be able to sell it to their competition down the street that is not currently a Hustler dealer, and not violate their franchise agreement with the Hustler dealer because it is not Hustler they are selling. My dealer is worth more than a $700 saving to me.

JB1
12-27-2009, 07:09 PM
its Hustlers way of screwing their dealers.

WREBELMACHINE
12-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Pricing I got there was $1500 diffrence between the hustler and the big dog.

djagusch
12-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Just a update on these as I got a update from my dealer the other day. The price I got was only $700 cheaper on the Big Dog than the Hustler Equipped the same way. Not worth it considering they do not have the same warranty if you ask me.
The other issue I have with this brand after talking to my dealer, they are basically charging Hustler dealers another franchise fee to sell this brand of mower. So essentially they are not wanting the Hustler dealers to sell them, they are wanting to be able to sell it to their competition down the street that is not currently a Hustler dealer, and not violate their franchise agreement with the Hustler dealer because it is not Hustler they are selling. My dealer is worth more than a $700 saving to me.

There is a lot more difference between the Hustler and Big Dog deal than your dealer is saying. The price difference he is quoting is probably just to deter you from buying the Big Dog.

The main difference is that Hustler isn't giving any floor plan with Big Dog mowers. The dealer basically needs to buy (loan/cash) the machines up front. With many dealers always using floor plans they are not used to this cash up front policy and dealers will shy away. I'm guessing some bigger places will snatch them up and ***** them out cheap.