PDA

View Full Version : stolen 2006 257B CAT skid loader

stansbury
12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
2006 257B CAT skid loader with rubber tracks and a 72 inch Solsbees grapple was stolen from my shop in Finksburg, Maryland Monday December 7th around 10:00pm.
Machine serial # SLK04818
Engine serial # GGA17206

albhb3
12-14-2009, 01:19 AM
did the repo man come an get it??? nah Jk how the hell does that happen sure a weed whip or blower but a FU*kin skid steer are you sure no ones playin a mean joke on you

ChaseLandscapes
12-14-2009, 01:53 AM
Thats a tuff one there..sounds like an inside job to me

jokers dirt
12-15-2009, 02:46 PM
did your machine have the key pad start or the key start ?

Ramairfreak98ss
01-18-2010, 12:08 PM
did your machine have the key pad start or the key start ?

yeah i thought all required a key and keypad code these days? maybe an employee? or ex employee?

takes a lot to "steal" one of them lol.

Lawn Man Dave
01-18-2010, 04:23 PM
I also say inside job.

razor1
01-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Did you have any pics?

dw1713566
02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Just wondering if you ever got any leads on your stolen equipment... Many things being stolen down here near Baltimore recently... Trust me we know all about it now...

hiringus
02-18-2010, 12:10 AM
People are getting ballsy especially with all the snow confusion in these areas. The older machines all have generic "master keys" available. If 24hr operation is out of the question during these snow emergency I'd be looking into finding the biggest chain you can and connecting multiple machines or hooking it through different routes on the machine then around a tree/pole/etc. I've also been thinking more and more about creating a "club" that hooks on the grab bars to the sides of the doors to prevent any opening without first cutting the locks off. Remember its ballsy getting into it or getting it free once you are inside with the door closed you are almost invisible to take down clusters and manipulate wiring to start it.

Then again if its snow on the ground a prepared person could just winch it onto a flatbed tow truck (maybe without even knowing they are stealing it?)

DiyDave
02-18-2010, 09:32 AM
People are getting ballsy especially with all the snow confusion in these areas. The older machines all have generic "master keys" available. If 24hr operation is out of the question during these snow emergency I'd be looking into finding the biggest chain you can and connecting multiple machines or hooking it through different routes on the machine then around a tree/pole/etc. I've also been thinking more and more about creating a "club" that hooks on the grab bars to the sides of the doors to prevent any opening without first cutting the locks off. Remember its ballsy getting into it or getting it free once you are inside with the door closed you are almost invisible to take down clusters and manipulate wiring to start it.

Then again if its snow on the ground a prepared person could just winch it onto a flatbed tow truck (maybe without even knowing they are stealing it?)

Such a device already exists, google around the words skid steer loader anti theft, the one I saw was painted red, looked kinda like you describe, expandable bar that locks controls in place. Lowjack is also available for skid loaders.:cool2: