PDA

View Full Version : Truck Magnetic Sign

madisonguyton
12-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi,

I really need input in ideas for the magnetic sign to go on a truck door(each side).. i am horribly uncreative and know you guys probably have some awesome ideas and know good places to order from. Any help, pictures of yours, etc, would be greatly appreciated.. thanks everybody

Toy2
12-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Go with vinyl, around here magnets mean fly-by-night companies....

madisonguyton
12-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Go with vinyl, around here magnets mean fly-by-night companies....

Vinyl??? i am not familiar with vinyl signs... any examples or links to any of them

unkownfl
12-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Vinyl lettering is what he is talking about. It is the same thing you see on a magnet except it is applied directly to your vehicle vs the magnet.

PLS-Tx
12-11-2009, 10:33 PM
He is saying go with vinyl lettering, instead of magnetic signs.

The vinyl would be applied directly to the truck.

We have vinyl on our enclosed trailer and. I had vinyl on our old truck, but haven't put it on the truck we have now.

I don't think I'm going to put it on this truck. It's kind of nice to be able to unhook from the trailer after a busy week and be OFF. There were times with the other truck we would go fishing or something and someone would come over and want to talk about our business. Sometimes you just need to get away.

I may get some magnetic signs made for times when I'm giving bids and don't have the trailer. If I do I will probably get them from someone local.

GreenPro7
12-11-2009, 10:34 PM
You need to visit www.vistaprint.com this is a great way to save money and they offer about anything you want to help start a business.Some things are FREE. I use them often for my brochures, business cards, etc. Let me know how it does for you.Hope this helps.

kemco
12-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Sorry I dont have a real clear pic, but here's mine from another thread, look for kemco.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=293337&page=27

I order mine from www.signsbyyou.com they have a really easy to use online design program. You cant really see it in the photo but I used the same pic for my background image on my mag sign that I did for my business cards so there is some continuity.

I purposely used a very lightened pic of grass blades, I say it is "cartoon" as it is not a photo of grass, but it is a really professional looking drawing of grass if that makes any sense. Dont remember where I found it though.

Puddle of Oil
12-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Hi,

I really need input in ideas for the magnetic sign to go on a truck door(each side).. i am horribly uncreative and know you guys probably have some awesome ideas and know good places to order from. Any help, pictures of yours, etc, would be greatly appreciated.. thanks everybody

dont waste your time and money! i tried, didnt do crap, heck it made my truck look worse then it already did! but your probably gonna do it anyway so the 2 most import things you need on it is your company name a number! dont get to letter happy with it cuz keep in mind your a small moving target!

buildasign.com

madisonguyton
12-12-2009, 11:19 AM
thanks guys all this really helped.. great websites also

NLSolutions
12-12-2009, 01:28 PM
I use vistaprint.com also. Good stuff, very reasonable. Their free business cards are not the best quality so Id recommend you pay a little more for the "upgrades".

RigglePLC
12-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Any sign shop can do your truck with vinyl decal lettering. They make any type letter or color on the computer and they stick on.
Actually if all you need is your name and phone no pictures or graphics. Staples has the vinly self stick letters. Inexpensive kit.

TBClandscaping
01-12-2010, 12:04 PM
But with the Magnet sign you can take it off your truck. The dump will charge me a fee to take yard wast into the dump if i had my logo on the side of my truck. Why is a magnet sign so bad?

rnd
01-12-2010, 02:00 PM
But with the Magnet sign you can take it off your truck. The dump will charge me a fee to take yard wast into the dump if i had my logo on the side of my truck. Why is a magnet sign so bad?

We don't advertise on our website, but RND Signs offers 12" x 24" vehicle magnets that use a thick magnet that doesn't fly off the vehicle. They start at $32.00 each for a simple 1-color.

www.RNDsigns.com
800-328-4009

Golfpro21
01-13-2010, 06:58 PM
You need to visit www.vistaprint.com this is a great way to save money and they offer about anything you want to help start a business.Some things are FREE. I use them often for my brochures, business cards, etc. Let me know how it does for you.Hope this helps.

hi there
all I see on vista is window decal....can you put these on the actual truck also
Thanks

FYS777
01-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I made my own signs, pics tomorrow.

Columbia Care
01-13-2010, 10:10 PM
I used my local truck accessory shop for my magnetic signs. They made two custom signs for me. I use them in the Spring and take them off when I fill all my slots. Works great for me.