PDA

View Full Version : speedzone

Bill M.
05-20-2002, 12:46 PM
Anybody use it? I see others have asked this question earlier, but there wasn't much response. thanks

Kent Lawns
05-20-2002, 08:09 PM
We've been using it this spring.
Seems to work well, but I'm not overly impressed.
We mix it with Confront for difficult to control weeds.
Seemd you have to use it at the upper limit (1.8oz/1000) to get decent control.
Doesn't seem to work ALL that much faster than Super Trimec.

Bill M.
05-21-2002, 09:12 PM
Thanks...

Kent Lawns
05-24-2002, 06:33 PM
SpeedZone has carfentazone, which is a contact herbicide.

... big deal. Who cares if you have leaf wilt within 24 hours? Just as long as the herbicide keeps the weeds out.

It says it works good in cool weather. Don't all ester products deliver cool weather results?

Turfdoctor
06-07-2002, 01:46 AM
The spreader sticker is the key!!!!! I used the 4pts/acre rate with full rate of Lesco spreader sticker and loved the results. I used the same rate without the sticker and it was lame!!!! The carfentrazone MUST have the sticker to do its thing. I had one respray out of 150 commercial properties. However, Threway/confront combo is more cost effective and I will return to it next year. Gordons is simply too proud of their borrowed farm chemistry!!! Love the speed, hate the cost!!!!!!! The above mentioned speedzone + confront sounds interesting, but I can't see spending $45.00/acre on broadleaf control. I must be getting hosed on Confront at $98.00/gal and speed zone at $200.00/5 gals!!!!!!!!!