View Full Version : Dixie Chopper Compressed Natural Gas

integrityman
12-12-2009, 04:37 PM
http://dixiechopper.com/home/news/10001

What do you guys think?

No tax for the fuel....

Very clean burning- no fuel filters...

Pain in the aas to refill tanks...

Not as much energy as gasoline or diesel....

Ill take one if Dixie will sell to me at cost

markahurley
12-12-2009, 06:09 PM
my mower is ruining the planet? how about we talk about the damage of one volcano? if you're freaking out about the exhaust from my mower, how about you take a look at what a volcano does to the atmosphere? go figure out how to convert that, and once you've got that figured out, then we can talk about my mower emissions. honestly.

i'm so sick of environmental hacks i could puke.

man made global warming is a load of crap.

it's all a concerted effort to have more governmental control over every aspect of our lives.

under the guise of protecting our planet, they tell us what toilets to use, what light bulbs to buy, and what cars to drive. and now even the green industry is going to cater to their propaganda?

sorry for the rant, it just ticks me right off. little by little, they're trying to take away our freedoms. they're not saving the planet--they're ruining our country.

mowerbrad
12-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Propane mowers have been out for a couple years now and are very rare to see. And if you think filling up propane mowers is a pain, try finding places to fill up your CNG tanks...not nearly as plentiful as propane centers or gas stations for that matter. Its great that these companies are offering alternative fuel mowers but there is just not a very big market for them.

MONTE
12-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Dixie Chopper grasping at straws again. That company is in trouble I really think they are. I might be wrong but with all the changing they are doing it sure seems like they are in financial trouble.

mowerbrad
12-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Dixie Chopper grasping at straws again. That company is in trouble I really think they are. I might be wrong but with all the changing they are doing it sure seems like they are in financial trouble.

After the new management took over, things started going downhill. I can't say how much "trouble" they have got themselves in but I can say that they are definately in some amount of trouble. I really doubt that they are going to go under in the near future, but they really need to get their butts in gear soon. They need to stop coming out with the new mowers and start perfecting the mowers they already have. They make a good mower but if they continue on the path they are on, they have a grim future.

ed2hess
12-13-2009, 10:42 PM
my mower is ruining the planet? how about we talk about the damage of one volcano? if you're freaking out about the exhaust from my mower, how about you take a look at what a volcano does to the atmosphere? go figure out how to convert that, and once you've got that figured out, then we can talk about my mower emissions. honestly.

i'm so sick of environmental hacks i could puke.

man made global warming is a load of crap.

it's all a concerted effort to have more governmental control over every aspect of our lives.

under the guise of protecting our planet, they tell us what toilets to use, what light bulbs to buy, and what cars to drive. and now even the green industry is going to cater to their propaganda?

sorry for the rant, it just ticks me right off. little by little, they're trying to take away our freedoms. they're not saving the planet--they're ruining our country.

You have to have propane in our city to bid on any local city, school, state bids.