PDA

View Full Version : anybody selling renovations with Harley Rake

sicnj
12-12-2009, 11:05 PM
looking to sell jobs with 8' Harley rake on skid steer.

need to get a competitive price out there to sell new lawns this winter going into spring

what i can do is remove old vegetation, prep for new sod, and install new sod. also irrigation if needed.

anybody have success with this type of sale, at this time of year?
best method to get that idea into job sales?
Am I wasting time and money trying to pitch this at this time of the year?

Stillwater
12-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Are you serious, it is 17 degrees outside hear in Ma. it can't be that much warmer in Nj. But i do understand what your asking it is 2 weeks before the Holidays lawn renovations are the last thing on homeowners minds gear up for march / april /may

sicnj
12-13-2009, 12:08 AM
I know its pretty cold, but in the 50 next week. I think you are right, wasting time, I am laying a small sod job monday with some irrigation

rcreech
12-13-2009, 01:33 PM
I agree as this is the wrong time of year for renovations. If you can sell them now....that is great!

I sell the crap out of seeding and renovations from Apr through October.

Harley Rake is the best piece of equipment I have.

I only use it on total renovations though or if I have to level out a lawn.

Most times I just slice seed right into the existing lawn and no Harley is needed.

DUSTYCEDAR
12-13-2009, 01:54 PM
good luck
wait till spring

sicnj
12-13-2009, 08:08 PM
I have better results when i broadcast seed and topdress lawn with organic matter. I have a lesco renovator, but seems like i am hit or miss when using it one lawn great results next lawn so so

sicnj
12-13-2009, 08:15 PM
here is a picture of my rake

freddyc
12-14-2009, 06:44 PM
here is a picture of my rake

Yeah, we see the rake in your hand but whats that thing on the skid steer?

Actually, try advertising (probably too late now) the service as a Christmas gift. Depending on what you charge, you might find a few women out there that can't think of a good gift for their husbands. Its worth a try because nobody else is thinkin of their lawn now. So, unless that rake can hang Christmas lights, or shovel snow.....?