PDA

View Full Version : What a year

PLS-Tx
12-13-2009, 09:07 AM
We have had a great year in our business. When the p&l was done for Oct., we had already made more in 10 months than we had in any other full year.

As far as other things, well not so good.

In 2009 I lost my dad, my grandmother, and now my bro n law is in ICU, and it doesn't look like he is going to make it.

Now my son is in the hospital, brought him to er last night and he was admitted, bad asthma attack.

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

coolluv
12-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope things work out for you. I had two good friends die of cancer in the last couple months. One died on Friday of cancer. My mother was just put in to hospice care on Friday and may only have a few days or weeks to live. My dad died 5 years ago. Its been a hell of a year for me too. Business was terrible. Sometimes I wonder how much more I can take.

God bless you and your family. I will say a prayer for you.

Dave...

MikeKle
12-13-2009, 10:12 AM
I think its been a great year for everyone in lawn care, We didnt have anything close to a drought this season! Kept raining all year! Hope this trend keeps up next season. We lost our grandpa this summer, but we all knew he would be going soon, so it wasnt a big surprise, and its nice to see hes not suffering and having to lay in a bed all day every day! And what makes it worse, our family on my moms side wont have anything to do with us, they didnt approve of my dad, so theyve always basically ignored us? They are a typical italian family, my dad was german/irish, so they wanted my mom to marry an italian boy.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Your thread proves there are more important things in life than business.
Prayers to you and yours......

rcslawncare
12-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Second that, keep each other close and don't forget to spend time with the ones you love!

Toy2
12-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Your thread proves there are more important things in life than business.
Prayers to you and yours......Right on the head, enjoy what you have in front of you today......it might be gone tomorrow......

TreeClimber57
12-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Right on the head, enjoy what you have in front of you today......it might be gone tomorrow......

Amen to that!!

It is interesting how work varied from area to area this past year.. or seemed to.

I had 5 guys on lawncare side in summer.. and 3 doing tree work.. now I have them all (well only 5 in total) doing tree work. Tree work has picked up significantly in past couple of weeks -- since snowfall.

Hope we all have a better year next year!! And hope you all have a great Christmas season. :waving:

PS: don't forget to buy yourself a Christmas gift or two :)

Tharrell
12-14-2009, 01:41 PM
I had some losses along the way also. I had to put my little dog down 2 weeks ago and it tore me up like nothing I've ever experienced. She'd been with me for 15 years. I had her by my side constantly for the past 3 years, even took her on the job a lot.
Unlike all of my other pet losses in the past, I had her cremated and she's close by. I bought one of those digital picture frames and her pics are next to her urn.
I don't have much family left and she was pretty much it.
Here's a couple of pics if anyone is interested. Tony

btw-On a lighter note, I did buy myself a couple of toys.
Bought a couple of things for the business-second trailer, leaf loader, pole saw.
Bought something for me-Sony LCD and blueray player.

whosedog
12-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Sorry about your losses Tac,when it rains it pours sometimes.Tharrell I know what you mean about the dog;every time we lose one we think no more dogs;but then a month or 2 later we're visiting shelters and going through petfinder.com. The house just doesn't feel right somehow without the critter.We currently have a collie we got for free from petfinder and a Yugoslavian Mountain dog that we adopted, when my 45 year old cousin died 2 months ago.

tjlco
12-14-2009, 09:49 PM
enjoy what you have in front of you today......it might be gone tomorrow

damn right....