PDA

View Full Version : How do these prices sound.

WenzelOSLLC
12-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Hi guys and gals,

I was looking for an opinion on whether these prices sound too high, too low, or just right. I know that there's all kind of variables but just use your best judgement with what I have if you can. I used both an online calculator and my own math to get numbers for the prices I have down and they came out way different.

Assumptions- about $56/hr with helper (includes my pay too) and can mow about 66000sqft/hr. I'm using a dollar a minute on my calculations.

Cemetery- I've trimmed on this property before and I know that it usually takes the guy 4.5 hours or so do mow and trim. The property is about 305,900sqft. When using the calculator I got 446/wk and by my math 278/wk. The calculator includes extra markup that I don't but I don't think it would be close to 200 dollars.

Bank- Never done this. I'd be bidding on 3 fairly close together. Overall they are 71560sqft for 1hr 15min and as I figure it with drive time, load/unload, etc it comes to a total of 2hrs 30min. Using the calculator I got 217/wk and by my math I got 150.

I know my estimates have a little less profit margin but I still get paid and am not losing money. Any Ideas? I'm sure there will be lots of good advice and probably some less than enthusiastic responses. :laugh:Thanks in advance.

topsites
12-13-2009, 12:10 PM
http://www.lawncaresuccess.com/

Freedom Lawn Service
12-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Did it work for you?

Hook Lawn & Landscape
12-15-2009, 07:23 PM
so what your saying is if my lawn is approx. 66,000 sq. ft I'm looking at a price of about $60 dollars from you? and you cut that in an hour with 2 guys. How does $30 bucks an hour sound to you? If your satisfied with that amount of money then use that system. Sounds a little on the cheap side to me but I am also from a different area. You can email me or send me a message if your interested in the way i calculate for my lawn cutting. Hooklawncare@yahoo.com and good luck.

WenzelOSLLC
12-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the responses. I'm still trying to get my formula down. I usually work solo and so the numbers I'm using are based on that but then I just added helper pay into my cost an hour. Oh well, work in progress.