PDA

View Full Version : has any one done this?

TylerJohnLandscaping
12-13-2009, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFj0q8zCqQ4

i have my 07 nissan frontier that i use for towing my trailer works great for what i need. power wise its great even thought its a v6 i have done some work to the truck and have is at 350Hp now cant wait to get my new gears. but i am looking to get a small dump bed bc i do sometimes have to move a yard or so of dirt around but i dont feel like having to look at a dump bed when the truck is my daily driver.

what u wanted to know if any one on here has done this

TylerJohnLandscaping
12-13-2009, 12:12 PM
or has any one used a load handler in the bed

wellbuilt
12-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Yes we made a 81 ford f 350 dump .
We had to build a frame under the bed to support the weight of the material and the bed.
We used the dump for construction debris.
i don't know about dirt in the little toy .
John

TylerJohnLandscaping
12-13-2009, 07:01 PM
i have had dirt and mulch in the back all the time. just getting it out with a shovel

South Florida Lawns
12-13-2009, 08:01 PM
That 4.0 really pushing 350 hp? Stock they were what 200hp at best?

TylerJohnLandscaping
12-13-2009, 08:09 PM
its the 2ed gen it comes 260 stock.
aftermarket work:
volant cold air intake
jardine exhaust
wrpt intake manifold spacer
wrpt crank pulley
wrpt throttle body spacer
uprev custom tune
took out the heads worked on them a bit to free airflow

what i cant wait to get is my long tube headers and my new gears

also bc i tow my trailer every day my leafs went bad so i added another 3 leafs onto it.
will be getting airbags soon

unkownfl
12-13-2009, 11:56 PM
LoL there is no way you picked up 200 hp from bolt ons and head work.

TylerJohnLandscaping
12-14-2009, 06:47 AM
I did not say I picked up 200 that would be crazy I wish I could. But at that point I would have to get all new insides bc my motor would not be able to take that power as a dd
Posted via Mobile Device

MarcSmith
12-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Gears would have been the first thing I would have done...I put 3.83 on my 94 chevy impala ss and it made the car feel so much lighter off the line. I had done cam, intake, headers, exhaust, cold air kit. and gears and LT1 edit. Lt1 edit and gears should have been the first mod...

max payload is 1300lbs. so after you get in the truck and the odd assortment of gear we all carry your payload is now down to 1000 lbs...
which might be one yard of mulch or 1/3 of a yard of soil/stone You add a dump bed to the truck its going to take away a few lbs of your capacity as well.... you add en employee or a trailer to the mix your payload went down some more... no way a small truck can legally/safely handle a yard of dirt

TylerJohnLandscaping
12-14-2009, 08:36 AM
I have before with no probs my truck took it like a man.
Posted via Mobile Device

MarcSmith
12-14-2009, 08:46 AM
any thing over the rated capacity is unsafe and against the law...

South Florida Lawns
12-15-2009, 11:10 PM
I have before with no probs my truck took it like a man.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just wanna know how he's gonna keep that trans together with 350hp and 2000+ lbs of dirt in the back of your midsize frontier?

TylerJohnLandscaping
12-15-2009, 11:24 PM
ok I did not start this thread so we could see if my truck was up to it I know what its limits are and are not. But I started it to see pics of the same thing I found on you tube
Posted via Mobile Device

South Florida Lawns
12-15-2009, 11:30 PM
oh were just giving you a tough time, good luck with you truck.

MarcSmith
12-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Tyler in regards to weight capacity its not whether or not you think your truck is "man enough" to haul the load. it whats its rated at its black and white no amount of leaft springs, fancy air bags, ect can change that.

Frame strength, drive train strength and more importantly Brakes are all factors which the manufacturer and feds put to together to ensure your safety and the safety of those who share the road with you. Hauling a load of dirt in a midsize truck will not garner any attention by the cops/dot. when you overload you truck you are knowingly breaking the law, putting others at risk, reducing the life span of your truck, and putting you and your family in unnecessary risk. for what, so you can save a few bucks on delivery charges which you can pass along to customer.

lets say for a moment you are hauling a ton of dirt. you hit a soccer mom with three kids in her minivan. If its bad enough and her kids are injured, YOU and your insurance company will be sued. And when the insurance money runs out, your pockets are next in line...Are you ready for that?

I know we all talk big and we all take risks and we all figure that "It'll never happen to us, I'll drive careful, I don't need to tarp my load I'll drive slow, I don' t need safety glasses...." But sht does happen...

FWIW- Id love to see you tell a DOT officer that "my truck is man enough to haul a ton of dirt" He'll look you in the eye, nod his head "I Understand" but all the while his pen keeps writing.

I just sent a 10K claim into our risk services division. employee dumped a load of leaves and forgot to secure the leaf-vac. it swung out while driving down the road and took out a parked 2008 dodge ram. if they had been their twenty minutes earlier there would've been no vehicles parked, but people waiting for the city buses. Chew on that. The driver of the truck, 30 year employee, this will be his first discipline in 10 years...

Mom- mode off...

XLS
12-16-2009, 07:32 AM
on a yota those bolt -ons would add maybe 45-50 hp tops and it would be pushing it then , the beds aint designed to lift it will be warped in 3 months.

fool32696
12-16-2009, 08:13 PM
If you want to work, buy a work truck and quit trying to make your frontier something that it is not. Something tells me that you could have bought an 01 or 02 3/4 ton pickup for what you have spent in "enhancements".