PDA

View Full Version : John deere 900 series! Good? Bad?

rcslawncare
12-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Anyone have decent seat time on these new 900s. I think I might be purchasing one next season. How much different are they from the 800s as far as performance, I love my 800s features such as the parking brake design.

1993lx172
12-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Did you get a chance to PM any of the owners in those threads I posted up?

mowerbrad
12-13-2009, 10:53 PM
After talking to with my Deere dealer for a while about the 900 series, I decided that I was going to be buying one between now and next season. I haven't had a chance to demo one yet as I started looking at them a little later in the season. But from talking with my dealer he said there is quite a difference in performance between the 800 and 900 series. He said you will notice a much more responsive drive system than before and a few other modifications to the design that helps to distribute the weight better. You won't notice much difference in physical appearance (though there are some things different) but you will mostly notice a difference in performance.

rcslawncare
12-14-2009, 03:15 PM
yes, I think those threads were great. Mostly iv seen because I really want to get a good machine this time. From what iv heard, they are going to be great, so I cant wait. Im glad its still the same on the outside, I love all the features on my 800!

John deer Z
12-14-2009, 07:11 PM
I also demoed one late in the season. So I will be waiting till after first of the year to get mine. But did love the machine. I have a 717 and the 900 series is much more responsive. Mows great and mulches on demand which is great around vehicles and for leaves.

mowerbrad
12-14-2009, 07:22 PM
I also demoed one late in the season. So I will be waiting till after first of the year to get mine. But did love the machine. I have a 717 and the 900 series is much more responsive. Mows great and mulches on demand which is great around vehicles and for leaves.

How did you like the mulch on demand? I have heard pretty good things about it and I am 90% sure that my new Deere will have that on it.

rcslawncare
12-15-2009, 03:01 AM
I think I will consider the MOD also. I don't need to mulch entire yards, but for beds and cars, seems like it is perfect for that situation. I keep hearing that they are gonna be nice, but expensive. I don't think they are crazy outrageous compared to other major brands. You guys know what you expect to pay for the model you want?

John deer Z
12-15-2009, 07:52 AM
How did you like the mulch on demand? I have heard pretty good things about it and I am 90% sure that my new Deere will have that on it.

Seemed to work great! I only had 1 spot on the property that I was demoing the mower on to try the mulching and there were some leaves on the ground. It seemed to work well. I did not get to do a lot of leaves though it was in early September. Not many on the ground yet. But mower was very responsive and quick. cut good at fast speeds also.

John deer Z
12-15-2009, 07:53 AM
I think I will consider the MOD also. I don't need to mulch entire yards, but for beds and cars, seems like it is perfect for that situation. I keep hearing that they are gonna be nice, but expensive. I don't think they are crazy outrageous compared to other major brands. You guys know what you expect to pay for the model you want?

Here right at $10,000.00

rcslawncare
12-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Is that what a 54" deck? And what engine size if you remember? Im glad that JD might have it right. Did you get the C & C package on your demo?

John deer Z
12-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Is that what a 54" deck? And what engine size if you remember? Im glad that JD might have it right. Did you get the C & C package on your demo?

The one I demoed had a 61' deck and a 29 Kawasaki eng. Dont know what C & C pakage is?

rcslawncare
12-15-2009, 09:32 AM
probably the 930. The C&C package has the electric deck lift and the pto shut off on the handles. My 830 has it, but I think im going to get the 925 with out it. Did not know, cause it seems to affect my steering as I hold the sticks lower that the molded handles are placed.

grassman177
12-15-2009, 10:33 AM
do they finally have a suspension seat on these things??

rcslawncare
12-15-2009, 03:32 PM
They have a suspension platform that connects to the bottom of the regular seat, but no full suspension seat that Im aware of. I'v wondered, will a Michigan seat bolt up to the bolt locations like a toro or exmark? Thats would be nice, just need a yellow one!!

mowerbrad
12-15-2009, 06:13 PM
The 925A that I will be getting with the 54" MOD deck and 3 bag collection system on it will run about $13,300. The collection system itself will cost about $2800 and the mower itself is about $10500. The MOD deck adds about $1000 or so onto the price of a non-MOD deck.

rcslawncare
12-15-2009, 06:18 PM
I am getting mine in April, so as soon as I get some pictures of it, ill get them up! I wanna see a video of some one testing it out. That would be cool.