PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Lawnaire 28 reciprocating aerator

palspeed
12-14-2009, 04:55 PM
New in 2008 Ryan Lawnaire 28 reciprocating self propelled walk behind aerator. Up to 24,000 sq. ft./hr. 7.5 hp Briggs & Stratton. 34 inches wide. Low hours. Excellent condition. Extra set of tines. Dallas, Texas area. $ 4,500.00 Contact me via PM or phone 940-597-4479

mdlwn1
12-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Ebay......most guys here dont know what it is or what to do with it.....

palspeed
12-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Pokes holes in the ground. Reciprocating pulls a better plug without compacting surrounding soil. I guess I assumed a website entitled Lawnsite would be familiar with that concept. Thanks for the suggestion.

mdlwn1
12-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Valid assumtion....but wrong..lol Wish I would have seen the ad months ago.....best machine out there......

JFGauvreau
12-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm actually looking for an aerator but not the reciprocating type, and looking more in a used one for like 1000-2000$

And I have no clue why no one or almost on this does aeration service, I think it is much more profitable.

mdlwn1
12-15-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm actually looking for an aerator but not the reciprocating type, and looking more in a used one for like 1000-2000$

And I have no clue why no one or almost on this does aeration service, I think it is much more profitable.

99% of lco's just dont know how to achieve results aerating. If the customer can't see the difference from 100 yards away....its a waste of money to them and few guys know how to make this happen. Hence my original response.

RodneyK
12-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Bump... That is one awesome machine. Great price also.

Grits
12-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Ebay......most guys here dont know what it is or what to do with it.....

Wow. You're an assclown.

Cleve
12-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Wow. You're an assclown.

Actually his profile says that he does trees, not lawns.
I have a Jacobsen reciprocating aerator and these type will work when others won't get into the hard ground.
That is a great machine and will make a lot of money for someone working it. Probably pay for itself in less than a season.

RodneyK
12-16-2009, 07:08 PM
"99% of lco's just dont know how to achieve results aerating. If the customer can't see the difference from 100 yards away....its a waste of money to them and few guys know how to make this happen. Hence my original response."

Can you explain this further? They don't know when or how or they don't know how to sell it?

kootoomootoo
12-16-2009, 08:05 PM
where do you hook the hose up to this thing.

JFGauvreau
12-17-2009, 02:57 PM
"99% of lco's just dont know how to achieve results aerating. If the customer can't see the difference from 100 yards away....its a waste of money to them and few guys know how to make this happen. Hence my original response."

Can you explain this further? They don't know when or how or they don't know how to sell it?

In my opinion they don't know how to sell it.

I only worked 2 years in that domain but I sold a ton lot, was working for a company at that time, and between lawn care program (fert, over-seeds) and aeration, I think aeration pays more and is easier cuz you only do it once.

For a 9000sq feet home (rough guess) with not a lot of trees or bushes, It will take me 20mins and I can charge for about 40-60 bucks.

There is a lot of ways to sell and aeration but it is simply the #1 way to help your lawn.

"Hey there sir!, how you doing? Enjoying the sunshine hein? Well my name is Bob and i'm with 123ABC company and i'm actually in your neighborhood today helping of few of your neighbors with their lawn, I actually just finish helping your neighbor Ms. Sandra over there. And I just realized that your lawn could use some help! Do you know anything about lawn aeration? No ok, well basically i'm gonna be poking holes in your lawn, creating little tunnels everywhere on the lawn, that will help the nutrients and air to get to the root system faster, making a greener and thicker lawn. Hey, golf course aerates like 6-8 times a year! So after I will be done aerating, you should water your lawn and put fertilizer on it. I can do your lawn for 55$.. so which way to the backyard so I can get started?

RodneyK
12-17-2009, 03:15 PM
I wish I could aerate that fast. I am too slow and it beats the crap out of me. Agree that it is by far the best thing you can do for a lawn. Thanks for explaining what you meant.

mdlwn1
12-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Rodney. I guess one example would be lets say you are underneath a silver maple on a guys property. Most guys would use a roller type and just assume that under the tree cannot be done because it has too many roots or the ground is too hard. Someone with an LA28 could place the machine head first into the tree trunk, put the wheel drive in neutral...begin aerating while PULLING BACKWARDS. This would allow the machine to put holes at full depth 1/4" apart giving the customer a full, lush lawn over the entire area.(if you seed also). No one does that. Something like that (there are other examples) makes a job look thorough and complete. The customer will notice that you have done something that no one else could do. Basicly the LA28 is tool capable of things most LCO's aren't ready for or knowlegeable enough to utilize.

JFGauvreau
12-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Ya it can get tricky with a normal aerator under trees, and your stuck in branches and can't aerate in backward.

But Rodney, first you get good, then you get fast, don't try to do it fast and cut corners because they will notice, especially around the house or tree/shrubs, and ya it might be hard on you, especially if you do over 15+ lawns a day, but you will get use to it and it will definitely pay.

RodneyK
12-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the input. I have an 04 Lawnaire 5 that is in great shape. Looks and runs brand new, bought off e-bay this year.

Just starting out in the biz officially. So far I only do my own yard twice a year at this point (about an acre). When I do it I go east/west, north/south and then diagonal two ways. I beat it up pretty good and love the results in a couple weeks.

My biggest challenge in this biz is being a perfectionist. I would do something like go over the lawn twice when they only wanted to pay for a single pass because I know it would be better as an example.

Hope he sells it soon. Sorry to be taking up his thread with this other stuff.

JFGauvreau
12-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Ya its always good to do it once in spring and then fall. But like I said before, for the 40-60$ dollar I charged for like 20mins of work, its only a simple past, like north/south. Otherwise it would take to much time.

Good luck to you with you biz!

palspeed
01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Sold, Thanks

wiseguyslawn
01-13-2010, 12:52 AM
golf courses aerate 2 times a yr at the most. top dress a few times.