PDA

View Full Version : Need your critique

Perfect touch landscapes
12-14-2009, 08:59 PM
What do you think of my Business Name? if you have negative, or positive response please elaborate. Thank you.

DLAWNS
12-14-2009, 09:04 PM
I think it sounds good.....simple and to the point.

punt66
12-14-2009, 09:13 PM
sounds kind of fruity to me.

lawns Etc
12-14-2009, 09:17 PM
its a good name but there is one in every town I have ever been in so you better check with your county to make sure that its not already registered.

bohiaa
12-14-2009, 10:35 PM
seems like names are an issue. I have seen everything from JOE'S lawn care.
To 2 guys with mowers.

I think It has more to do with what type of Custoemr your targeting.

I mean Really if you were a guy making 12to 16,000 a year. you may call joe's.
But if you made 2 to 3 million a year. I dont think you would be calling 2 guys with mowers.....

Try to think about where you want to be and what type of custoemr you want and if you even can handle a 100,000.00 a year contract?

Best of luck

South Florida Lawns
12-15-2009, 01:16 AM
What do you think of my Business Name? if you have negative, or positive response please elaborate. Thank you.

Sounds good to me.

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
12-15-2009, 10:05 AM
bohiaa is correct. Your name and colors will become your brand. My thought is if you want to be treated as a serious professional (and be paid like one) you need to sound, look, and speak like one. 2 guys with a mower doesn't sound very professional. Show up to a customer for a quote in a crap looking vehicle wearing cut off shorts doesn't present a professional look either. I'm still solo with one truck and trailer. My color scheme is bright. I have a toll free number and also on the truck it says I serve 3 different counties (I do work in all 3 but 85% in my home county). I have many people ask me if "we" are hiring and I see your "trucks" all over. From that I gather my branding is working, people are noticing me and, more importantly, remembering me.

SangerLawn
12-15-2009, 10:37 AM
I am sorry to say but I don’t agree completely with bohiaa. Yes he brings up some valid points but the name 2 men and a mower is a ripe off from a national moving company named 2 men and a truck. I am pretty sure a national chain does more revenue then any of us do.

To me the name isn’t as important as your work. We do very little advertising. We pick up most of our work based on customer referrals. If you are going to choose a name for advertising then it should start with a letter from A – D so if you do advertise in a phone book you will be one of the top listings. They go by alphabetical order.

Also…the names that start with cheap, affordable, perfect, clean, ect. are all over the place. Pick something original

WGLandscapeMaintenance
12-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Johnny Dumba$$'s Cheap Lawn Care

Perfect

:laugh::laugh:

ryanslawns81
12-15-2009, 04:14 PM
I like it!

JFGauvreau
12-15-2009, 06:12 PM
seems like names are an issue. I have seen everything from JOE'S lawn care.
To 2 guys with mowers.

I think It has more to do with what type of Custoemr your targeting.

I mean Really if you were a guy making 12to 16,000 a year. you may call joe's.
But if you made 2 to 3 million a year. I dont think you would be calling 2 guys with mowers.....

Try to think about where you want to be and what type of custoemr you want and if you even can handle a 100,000.00 a year contract?

Best of luck

I agree but theres also a possibility of changing your name after...

mdlwn1
12-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Just my 2 cents. A business owner sets the level of expectation for his customers. My thoughts are if you say perfect touch...do you mean it? Obviously not..so hopefully you are targeting low budget customers...that name will work on them.

SangerLawn
12-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Just my 2 cents. A business owner sets the level of expectation for his customers. My thoughts are if you say perfect touch...do you mean it? Obviously not..so hopefully you are targeting low budget customers...that name will work on them.

amen :):):)

Perfect touch landscapes
12-16-2009, 12:16 AM
I have been operating under " perfect touch landscapes" for 4 years, I am OCD perfectionist and artist all my work is highest quality most people can't touch, I am for that reason one of priciest because I offer best value for a buck. I just wanted to hear some opinions. Most of my clientelle middle to upper class. My wife and I came up with it and at that time I searched web and didn't find a single company with that name now there are some others. Yes name sais it all. On my card it said discover true service. I have been thinking of a different punch line or something catchy to keep for years, I just had to hear what you all think, who knows how big I might get. I had same thought about every company being named after some one and someones first namei wanted something that made people remember.
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect touch landscapes
12-16-2009, 12:21 AM
I already realized "p" is not on top Of a list of advertising ,so last year I asked to add A to my name it worked, sounded goody but worked I am 2 in one of the books, got to love creativity.

I wanted to use word discover, by the way most used word in English but couldn't come up with anything I liked.

Perfect touch landscapes
12-16-2009, 12:31 AM

My naaaaaammmme is Perfect touch landscapes. Was your response to some other forum, or you blind?!?
Posted via Mobile Device

motorscot
12-16-2009, 05:42 AM
I think it's a good name. I am a LEO by trade and came up with a play on words for my business. Use what works and what people will remember. Sean says to not use a name that limits you to one area or one style of business. Landscapes can mean many things and allows for plenty of diversification.

Perfect touch landscapes
12-16-2009, 08:41 AM
I look at landscapes as a broad field of services, as we provide them all. A customer can read you card or flyer and be directly looking at a sertain service like shrub pruning, yet look at you and say" You probably don't do any shrub rimming do you"? I have learned that no matter what your name might sell they don't putich thought to it. My main goal to keep my reputation hand in hand whith name. Onother question. what do you think about fancy cards vrs basic white simple. What do you think customer think when they hold paper in different collor, weight and design. I think my card are no nice. They think I might have to pricy to have cards like that , yet I payed same
Posted via Mobile Device

motorscot
12-16-2009, 04:11 PM
My cards are gloss front, matte back. It only cost a few cents more to get a nicer look so that's what I did.

I ordered Sean Adams "Total Business Package" and learned a ****-ton from it. It specifically talks about the importance of business cards. They need to be simple, clear, and concise: list all contact info, basic company info, and attractive to look at. Keep some on you at all times and hand them out like a Hare Krishna at the airport.

Vistaprint.com allows you to match all of your designs into a package of advertising like signs, t-shirts, polos, etc. I know that the other ad companies do as well.

Perfect touch landscapes
12-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Thank you all for your input , got anymore?
Posted via Mobile Device