PDA

View Full Version : Lark Trailers

xclusive
12-16-2009, 03:21 PM
I am looking into purchasing a Lark Trailer cause its a good deal compared to everything else I looked at for what i wanted and I was only able to find 3 reviews on it so I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with them? If so what did you like and not like about them?

South Florida Lawns
12-16-2009, 04:04 PM
I have seen them around town. They make a decent trailer. Depending on the model you get, the value models tend to be built lighter and don't hold up to commercial abuse.

I'd say spend the extra money and make sure its a commercial grade model.

I think they're outta Georgia.

xclusive
12-16-2009, 05:04 PM
I have seen them around town. They make a decent trailer. Depending on the model you get, the value models tend to be built lighter and don't hold up to commercial abuse.

I'd say spend the extra money and make sure its a commercial grade model.

I think they're outta Georgia.

yea they are based out of georgia, but compared to the other trailers I looked at it seems to be stronger. take a look at the link im attaching and tell me what u think. the only difference between the link and what im getting is that the gvwr is 10000lbs and im getting a rounded roof. thanks for ur help!!

http://www.roxburyauto.com/trailers/Lark818FTW-492.html

South Florida Lawns
12-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Looks like a decent trailer, pretty much the same as mine only bigger. I would pay more and get torsion axles, I hate my leaf sprung trailer, (lots of noise rough ride). The bias ply tires wear fast, when they go get radials or an LT 205x15 truck tire, they last. On the roof make sure its a single piece roof as they are less likely to leak. Other than that everything looks soild on the specs.

Good luck hope this helps!

360ci
12-17-2009, 10:41 PM
It does look nice! I don't have use for a tandem axle myself, but I'd definitely upgrade to the torsion axles. My utility (single axle 3500lb total weight), is a mess to pull on ANY road when empty with the spring suspension.

Surprisingly enough, us Canucks even get a few locally made choices. Although I more than likely won't go with a cargo (for now at least), Canada Trailers make some nice, everyday straight forward open models at a decent price http://canadatrailers.com/

Otherwise, if I went with a cargo I'd more than likely go with Haulmark. Mostly because the dealer network in my area is better than most (or so I've read).