PDA

View Full Version : Building a lawn truck

SouthValleyLandscapeMaint
12-17-2009, 02:40 AM
I am in the process of building a lawn truck somewhat like the super lawn trucks. I want an easier way to unload debris and materials other than shoveling them out. Something along the lines of the dump system a lot of "super lawn trucks" have on them. Anyone have any opinions on relatively cheap or easy ways to build some sort of a dump system or some sort of system to unload stuff easier? I thought of just getting a dump bed and towing an enclosed trailer but I don't want to pull a trailer anymore and the dump bed trucks are 12K plus in my area as compared to 5K for an NPR with a 16-18ft box. Thanks in advance

XLS
12-26-2009, 01:35 AM
this will possible sound crazy but .

find you a electric powerd hydrolic ram like on a Tommy Lift if you can find it ,you will be able to build your own dump system all you will do is hook it to a 12v pos/neg lead and then build you box to lift ,i can walk you through the entire process.

Az Gardener
12-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I had an simple idea but we just haul too much debris for it to work. Just put a small 3yd dumpster like the ones the restaurants use in the truck and leave it at your yard when it is full. You get two, one for the yard and one for the truck and rotate them. Make sure they come with wheels of course but its a very simple low start up cost solution. Here that is only about $125 per month. Just depends on how much debris you haul if it could work for you.

The other advantage is you keep your truck standard for better resale potential.

whitebp1
12-26-2009, 09:45 PM
i know this a little late in the game as far as design goes andall but ive been envious of this guys truck for years.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=75057&highlight=ultimate+lawn+truck

pretty cool way to go! maybe it'll give you some ideas.