PDA

View Full Version : Final job for the year!

scagrider22
12-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Here is some pictures of a patio we just finished I think it turned out great, but Im not crazy about the pavers the customer chose for the walkway, and if your wondering what the square opening over the fire place is for, it holds a 42" plasma tv.

ridgewood
12-17-2009, 06:42 AM
Everything looks very professionally done. Congrats! Did you do all of the construction for this project (wood structure, fireplace, grill, etc)? And do you know how deep the base is for those seating walls that the columns are resting on? Or any other structural engineering done for this project? Just interested in that process. And what was the cost for this project? Thanks.

scagrider22
12-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Thank you, I did everything except the wood structure, I had a sub come in for that. There are concrete footings under seat walls, columns, and fireplace.

tthomass
12-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Got a picture from in the distance so that we can see the structure?

tthomass
12-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Also, how did you build the fireplace? Kit + form around it?

pitrack
12-17-2009, 04:44 PM
That looks badass, I like it a lot.

GMTA
12-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Looks nice ! Just curious...are there special outdoor application tv's ? Or would you just make sure it is taken down in the event of a bad storm, cold, ect...? Also how was the wiring run for the tv?

scagrider22
12-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Also, how did you build the fireplace? Kit + form around it?

LOL no the fireplace was not a kit it is way to large, I will try to find another photo of it but it goes all the way through the roof like a indoor fireplace would

scagrider22
12-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Looks nice ! Just curious...are there special outdoor application tv's ? Or would you just make sure it is taken down in the event of a bad storm, cold, ect...? Also how was the wiring run for the tv?

Thank you. Yes there are special tv's for outdoors but they cost 4 times more than a regular one, The home owner picked out the tv but I think it was $4000 for a 40". As for the wiring it is inside the block, and then runs through the ceiling.

scagrider22
12-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry guys but I cant figure out how to add more photos to this thread but you can go to my album and see a few more pics of the job.

tthomass
12-17-2009, 11:37 PM
"post replay" and then you can add....you can't add in the quick reply

Fire Rock/Firerock.......whichever it is, makes up to a 42" opening. They're cement units that go up like Legos. In 4hrs you have a fireplace built and then frame it with block to your desired shape. Very nice kits and its all engineered to take away any doubts of it pulling air correctly.

pararest
01-14-2010, 02:04 AM
That looks really nice. I love the fire and t.v. combo. Keep up the good work:clapping:

Micah Owner
Paradise Restored
Portland Landscaper (http://www.paradiserestored.com)
Paver Installer Portland (http://www.paradiserestored.com/concrete-pavers-portland.html)

Pittsburgh Stone83
01-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Here is some pictures of a patio we just finished I think it turned out great, but Im not crazy about the pavers the customer chose for the walkway, and if your wondering what the square opening over the fire place is for, it holds a 42" plasma tv.

Damn!, Now that's how you finish out a year. I'm assuming that's all mortared natural stone? Really looks sharp man. What did you charge for that fireplace? It's a great center piece for the design.

loupiscopolandscaping
01-21-2010, 06:54 PM
More photos!

scagrider22
01-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I will try to stop by the job and take more photos but I wanted to wait until spring when the grass comes in. Thanks for all the coments!