PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the fundamentals of bidding commercial lawn and garden maintenance

billwlod
12-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Need help with the fundamentals of bidding commercial lawn and garden maintenance
I have been landscape construction for 14 years and I have been asked a number of times to bid on maintenance.
I would like help on the fundamentals of bidding

g21
12-17-2009, 06:08 PM
glad to help. Shoot me any questions. I'm not on the site on a regular basis, so if you have a pressing need, shoot me an email

lukemelo216
12-17-2009, 11:49 PM
you need to ask what services they are interested in receiving. measure out your properties and punch in your numbers and get your bid. I am not critizing you or yelling at you just making a point here. I was once like this, and I understand your in the construction side of the business so its different but people who are more focused on maintenance asking what to bid. After talking with tommy its 100x's easier. Know your hourly rate whether its 25-50-100$/hr what ever. know your production ratios measure the property and plug in the numbers and know what you want to make 10% 15% 5% whatever. no one else can bid for another company they dont know there information. Thats why my properties i struggle with i dont ask on here anymore. even if my bid is high well its high but thats what it needs to be. Thats why you need a pm, you can fluctuate with that a bit. Maybe one property you cant make 20% only 7% profit, but thats 7% more then before. sorry for the long rant and things all out of order i just wrote them as they came to mind. Talk to tommy he will help you out a lot. I am glad I found his site, its actually very useful information.

rcallese
12-18-2009, 08:41 AM
I would recommend going to www.almanow.com and watching the video Mr. Ganz put together. Probably just a refresher for someone with your experience but I've watched it a couple of times. Good info.

billwlod
12-18-2009, 11:57 AM
luke are you saying I should break down a hrly rate or should I give them a price for the basic mowing then hrly rate for irrigation repairs and plant maintenance.

donell
12-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Whats the going Rate Per Square Footage for Landscapping for Commercial Property