PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of this?

ccole6
12-17-2009, 11:00 PM
So i have a lco but work part time at Home Depot, i come out of the Depot tonight only to see my tailgate had been stolen. I have a 2500HD and dont know how many of those trucks come through that place in a day. I have heard of things being stole out of the bed of a truck, but not the tailgate. Some one must really have needed a tailgate.

topsites
12-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Wow that's crazy, all they had to do was get a mesh...
Sorry to hear about it.

Jason Pallas
12-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Tailgates are hot items for thieves. Go to the dealer and try to buy a replacement - then go to the junkyard and try to buy one. Then you'll know why thieves like to take them. Besides being a fast and easy item to take, they're pretty easy to fence for some quick loot.

Alpha Property
12-20-2009, 08:59 AM
i had someone steal the tail lights out of my sonoma like 5 years ago, that was a weird one

Country Side Lawn Care
12-20-2009, 08:52 PM
someone probably dented their tailgate and needed a new one haha

JB1
12-20-2009, 09:15 PM
I'd go and say hey Mr. store manager lets watch the security tapes of your parking lot.

Lawn Man Dave
12-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I'd go and say hey Mr. store manager lets watch the security tapes of your parking lot.

Yep, unless Home Depot recently changed their policy if the crime was caught on camera then Home Depot will pay for it as far as I know..... when my brother worked for them someone stole the radio out of his car in the parking lot....... it was on on camera (a big van or something in the way) but said they would have paid for it if it was on cammera.

bike5200
12-22-2009, 09:21 AM
After you replace it, they might be back to steal the new one and they will have a new tailgate. If you are lucky they will leave the first one they stole. I have heard this happening

AkRowdyA78
12-22-2009, 09:27 PM

Always park where you know there are security cameras from now on!