PDA

View Full Version : cameron bucket

dan deutekom
05-21-2002, 09:12 PM
I know this is an outdated piece of equipment but I have just found one in the back of the storage shed. It seems to be complete and in good condition. Does anyone Know how to use it and how to mix the fertilizer to get the proper rates. I have seen them in greenhouses when I was a kid but didn't pay attention to them then. All the growers I know are to young to have even heard of them.:D

tremor
05-22-2002, 08:48 AM
Hey Dan,

Are you referring to a "Casoron Spreader"?

If so, we sell one called the "ACME Sred-Rite G".
It's a bottle with a screw on top. It comes with several discs with various size hole in them to control the flow of granular product that occurs when the bottle is inverted. The granules flow down a clear tube untill they het a sort of triangular "dispersion plate". The spread width is controled be manual height ajustment. The flow is controled by the selecting an appropriate disc.
Obviously, walking speed impacts rate as well.

Steve

dan deutekom
05-22-2002, 06:24 PM
No. This thing looks like a beer keg (and is about the same size). You fill it with a concentrated solution of fertilizer and it injects it into the water flow. It is weird because it dosn't siphon it like a hozon syphon. The keg has clear pipe indicator on the side (like the level pipe on some sprayers) On the top of this keg is a dial for adjusting the ratio of injection (I think). When I played with it the solution was being injected but I don't know at what ratio. Also the keg dosn't empty but the concentrate is replaced with pure water. You can see this happening in the indicator tube. (My fertilizer has a blue die in it) For some reason the replacement water dosn't mix with the concetrate. On the top there is also some kind of bleed screw. I have looked on the web and in old books and just can't find any info although in the old books I find a lot or references to it but no real info. Also the keg is under pressure when in operation. I have got to get myself a digital camera so I can take pictures of stuff like this.

Dan

dan deutekom
05-27-2002, 06:47 PM
I finally got myself a cheap digital camera. This is the cameron bucket. Anyone Know anything about these?

tremor
05-27-2002, 07:54 PM
Dan,

It sure looks like a keg of beer to me. Excuse me, I'm getting thirsty.

Steve