PDA

View Full Version : How to price residential snow removal?

born again
12-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Please guys! We are getting a ton of snow in my city and i need to start moving to see if i can make some xtra cash for my pocket. The only tool i have is my truck (without a plow), shovel and my hands. We have already gotten about 1 foot of snow.

What would be a good guideline to price each driveway, having in mind that they are all gonna be different sizes?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.:usflag:

JB1
12-18-2009, 10:24 PM
if it was me shoveling a driveway by hand, I might get a half of one done before I said the heck with this, good luck to you.

NEWGUYRI
12-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Advice: Plowsite.com

WGLandscapeMaintenance
12-19-2009, 12:26 AM
^^ x2, I don't get why people don't read the headings of pages. Lawn does not mean snow.

helidriver
12-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Yyyyeeehhaawwww.....we are getting slammed with the white stuff and maybe up to a foot today into sunday. Valley forge pa get ready for the snow removal to start the season off right!!! Its a festifus miracle! It makes my heart warm to know the corporate centers are going to be bare and no employees to bother us.....there'll be snow plows a plowin and salt trucks a saltin and money moving my way... Get ready boys here on the east coast, here it comes!!!
Born again....please, please get a plow. Atleast a snow blower man. Shoveling will wear your ass out my man. Save the back for retirement. Buy a snow blower and it will pay for itself this weekend! I dont care if you use credit or someone else loans you the money, go get the snow blower and make money born again.

jeffslawnservice
12-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Yyyyeeehhaawwww.....we are getting slammed with the white stuff and maybe up to a foot today into sunday. Valley forge pa get ready for the snow removal to start the season off right!!! Its a festifus miracle! It makes my heart warm to know the corporate centers are going to be bare and no employees to bother us.....there'll be snow plows a plowin and salt trucks a saltin and money moving my way... Get ready boys here on the east coast, here it comes!!!
Born again....please, please get a plow. Atleast a snow blower man. Shoveling will wear your ass out my man. Save the back for retirement. Buy a snow blower and it will pay for itself this weekend! I dont care if you use credit or someone else loans you the money, go get the snow blower and make money born again.

Truck is 2wd so I just bought some crappy snow blower. Every where else was sold out and I waited to long but it will pay for itself and some this weekend.

SangerLawn
12-19-2009, 03:14 AM
You guys suck!!!! We are getting nothing but rain so far lol. Just woke up to see if I needed to salt some lots and its freaken 38 degrees outside!!!!

Yes, go to plowsite.com for snow pricing.

WGLandscapeMaintenance
12-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Maybe become licensed and insured before you do this....

Just a thought.
Posted via Mobile Device

hackitdown
12-19-2009, 03:41 PM

I agree. Around here, we get $40 to $80 to plow a driveway. A snowblower would pay for itself in no time.