PDA

View Full Version : bobsledding with my Hustler

blairbuc
05-21-2002, 09:44 PM
have a particular property were the Hustler has to climb a steep bank. It gets up no poblem but coming back down the weight transfer takes the traction off the drive wheels and it's a 15 foot slide back down with the lush grass we have now due to rain.
Well, getting tired of the weekly slide so I'm wondering, other than going four wheel drive, are there are any thoughts regarding removing the slippery grass spaced to the tires and putting down a non slip path with traction that also looks good with lawn and will stay put on a bank. Ahh, concrete and asphalt not an option.

Artman
05-22-2002, 09:16 AM
Have you tried backing down? That will keep the weight on the drive tires. Also, wheel weights might be a solution.

blairbuc
05-22-2002, 01:13 PM
Artman, good idea, and thought about it but I'm to chicken. If I got to make a panic move , my mind does not work well in reverse. I thought about water in the wheels. They are radial, and I guess I need something other then a turf tire that won't tear the grass. Even with the weight of led on the wheels the slope is on the edge of being too much if that grass is healthy with moisture. In August its not a problem. So i'm back to the decorative grippy path that won't look like heck and stay put on the bank.