PDA

View Full Version : JD 325 with duals

Sam_French
12-20-2009, 06:10 AM
Just bored and found this. With all the talk about OTT's and VTS's. Just figured I would throw this up.

Have a nice day.

Sam

JDSKIDSTEER
12-20-2009, 06:22 AM
I have never seen them before.

Alpha Property
12-20-2009, 09:02 AM
it looks as if their just resting up against the machine for the pic, the outters don't appere to have any studs going through the holes or anything in the center of the hub..... also the outters look brand new and the inners are pritty worn

NEUSWEDE
12-20-2009, 09:38 AM
it looks as if their just resting up against the machine for the pic, the outters don't appere to have any studs going through the holes or anything in the center of the hub..... also the outters look brand new and the inners are pritty worn

look closer the outers are attached you can see 3 studs in each wheel but I imagine there are 4 you just cant see the fourth from the angle the picture is taken.

Ground Effects NH
12-20-2009, 09:39 AM

Good eye , Your right ! I do like the idea, I have seen some of them big farm tractors with duals?

DeereMan85
12-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Kinda the same concept as clamp-on tractor duals. They'll add a little flotation, but to be effective and durable you'd have to find a way to extend the axle. You'd probably be better off running a set of Hippos. Makes for a neat picture, though.

Alpha Property
12-20-2009, 10:06 AM
look closer the outers are attached you can see 3 studs in each wheel but I imagine there are 4 you just cant see the fourth from the angle the picture is taken.

yea i saw those, i was betting that its a 2 piece rim

Bleed Green
12-20-2009, 10:07 AM
I have never seen them before.

ya that is a first. It's interesting, but you guys are right I don't think they are attached.

DeereMan85
12-20-2009, 10:19 AM
It's not a 2-piece rim. If you look closely you can see where it is welded. Also, look at the hay trapped between the wheels. That wouldn't be there if they just set the tires next to one another.

bobcat_ron
12-20-2009, 10:43 AM
That's gotta be from the company I saw in England on YouTube, they have a unique silage fork that pushed the material off the forks, they have tried everything under the sun on packing silage piles.

Sam_French
12-22-2009, 01:13 AM
I think you are right BC Ron. When I got the pic it was on an UK auction site. Bad thing is the machine would be so wide. Either use an deck over trailer or put one set of tires on site.

Just thought it was neat to look at. Is there a wide tire combo for Skid Steers? Something called a Galaxy Hulk tire I think.

Thank You

Sam