View Full Version : Whats this part called?

mike lane lawn care
12-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey guys so I noticed yesterday that the little black trim ring that goes around the latch on my tailgate is no longer there. what is this called? I searched GM parts dirrect and they had something called a striker for a tailgate that was around $10, is this the part i'm looking for or no?

mike lane lawn care
12-20-2009, 01:21 PM
ok, I found it on ebay, it's called a bezel, how clever. cost me $11.61 with shipping, so I ordered it.

12-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Are you sure that you didnt just order an aftermarket trim piece that attaches to the original, via 3m tape? I have made that mistake before lol. Its kinda funny to drive around and see all the Chevy/GMC trucks without that piece on the tailgate...

12-20-2009, 02:44 PM
autozone usually has them in stock

12-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I put a small black screw in mine!

mike lane lawn care
12-21-2009, 12:31 AM
yea, I made sure it wasnt the stick on kind, It was the OEM part number that I needed.