PDA

View Full Version : Debris Disposal

Green Industry Pro
12-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Im wondering what you guys do with all the yard waste you collect(leaves,grass clippings,pine straw,sticks,pine cones,weeds,hedge clippings, etc...). We have soooooo much debris year round and especially in fall we are forced to pick it up rather than much it into oblivion which works pretty well in summer months(I was out doing a yard yesterday that had so much debris-leaves and pine straw-that after mulching over it 3 to 4 times to reduce the volume, on the half acre lot I still had to haul off 500 to 600 gallons of crap.Im wondering if there is any way to get money off of the stuff we collect since theres so much.Ive thought of a few obvious things but I would like any tips you could give.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND RESPONCES:usflag::usflag:

The sure foundations of the state are laid in knowledge, not in ignorance; and every sneer at education, at culture, at book learning, which is the recorded wisdom of the experience of mankind, is the demagogue's sneer at intelligent liberty,inviting national degeneracy and ruin. ----- Curtis

Florida Gardener
12-20-2009, 03:00 PM
the city will pick up debris down here. I leave all debris curbside for pickup. If a customer wants it taken to the dump, they can pay extra for it.

There are some subdivisions around here that you can't leave debris, but I don't work in any of them yet.

CLARK LAWN
12-20-2009, 03:46 PM
we have a supply yard that takes it all.

Craig3
12-20-2009, 04:44 PM
find some VC's to fund a composting company- turn that debris into black gold?

JawZZ
12-20-2009, 04:52 PM
the city will pick up debris down here. I leave all debris curbside for pickup. If a customer wants it taken to the dump, they can pay extra for it.

There are some subdivisions around here that you can't leave debris, but I don't work in any of them yet.

Same here. However we don't leave anything on most. We have a minimum dump fee built into to our billing process for any work that would cause debris. We take it to the county dump they have a minumum dump fee of $5 or $25 a ton IIRC.

We do some bank owned properties and on these we will leave incidental debris for the city/county to pickup unless we caused the debris by trimming or pruning then we take it.

Florida Gardener
12-20-2009, 05:21 PM
I just as soon leave palm debris or whatever for the town. The customer is already paying for it in their taxes. Why pay for it again. The actual fee isn't much, but you have to drive to the dump and spend time unloading etc. Money that they can keep imo.

White Gardens
12-24-2009, 01:32 AM
find some VC's to fund a composting company- turn that debris into black gold?

You've got to jump through a lot of EPA hoops in order to compost commercially.

pbjunkie92
12-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Down here we have a community compost pile...lol...but thats what it is. and we go dump there.

rain man
03-16-2010, 12:19 PM
We have a problem locally with debri disposal.

Our county dump will not accept yard waste if you bring it to them. We are willing to pay a fee, buy a permit, whatever-doesn't matter. They won't budge. They won't take it in any shape or form from us. They will take it if they pick it up curbside at a customer's residence (in small amounts) but only if the customer does the work themselves and leaves it curbside. If the work is hired out then the company is responsible for disposal. Interesting. Who's on first again?

I believe it would be easier to dispose of depleted uranium.

ryde307
03-16-2010, 02:59 PM
We have sites to dispose but most around us that dont bring it to an organic waste site. There are quite a few around us.