PDA

View Full Version : Just for Gravel Rat....

landscapesc
12-21-2009, 11:36 AM
I wanted to start a new thread for Gravel Rat to complain on...i am tired of seeing his stupid a** comments ruining all of the peoples threads that show pics of their hard work...since you sit on your a** eating your mom's meatloaf in her basement please do not post your BS comments on other peoples threads....sorry but i am so tired of his crap....enough is enough.

JB1
12-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I wanted to start a new thread for Gravel Rat to complain on...i am tired of seeing his stupid a** comments ruining all of the peoples threads that show pics of their hard work...since you sit on your a** eating your mom's meatloaf in her basement please do not post your BS comments on other peoples threads....sorry but i am so tired of his crap....enough is enough.

no dumber than your rant.

Tyler5652
12-21-2009, 11:54 AM

Wow you stole the idea right out of my head lol. Get ready to get Junior under control though lol:laugh:

YellowDogSVC
12-21-2009, 08:04 PM

was this really necessary? GR has valid opinions like the rest of us.*trucewhiteflag*

Junior M
12-21-2009, 08:12 PM
was this really necessary? GR has valid opinions like the rest of us.*trucewhiteflag*
I agree.. They are just longer, more drawn out and repetitive. Something we just have to live with..

and Tyler, I only get out of control when there is BS.

landscapesc
12-21-2009, 08:28 PM

You are right and i appologize to GR....it does just get annoying when the pic threads get all long and drawn out with the BS....my bad....i guess it is something i just have to live with! :canadaflag:

P.Services
12-21-2009, 08:37 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM THE MEAT LOAF!!!!!

what movie guys?

Gravel Rat
12-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Ohwell everybody has a opinion I find it funny somebody that has only been a member of this site for a year b*tches you must have PMS. I have been a member here 7 years longer than you have. Do you even know where Canada is :rolleyes:

What are you jealous that I have a full time job this holiday period I will get 1100 dollars for Xmas/Boxing/New Years day not bad for working 3 days.

My job is gauranteed I get full medical and dental never have to worry about not getting paid.

Would I rather be driving truck or running excavator again yes but sad to say that isn't a career anymore it is a part time job.

If the cost of housing wasn't so expensive I would own a house seeing as I can't afford half a million for a house I live in my parents basement.

My brother needs to clear 70 grand a year to afford his house which is one step away from the repo man. My brothers work has gone down the toilet with this poor economy he isn't making no 10 grand a month like he was.

landscapesc
12-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Ohwell everybody has a opinion I find it funny somebody that has only been a member of this site for a year b*tches you must have PMS. I have been a member here 7 years longer than you have. Do you even know where Canada is :rolleyes:

What are you jealous that I have a full time job this holiday period I will get 1100 dollars for Xmas/Boxing/New Years day not bad for working 3 days.

My job is gauranteed I get full medical and dental never have to worry about not getting paid.

Would I rather be driving truck or running excavator again yes but sad to say that isn't a career anymore it is a part time job.

If the cost of housing wasn't so expensive I would own a house seeing as I can't afford half a million for a house I live in my parents basement.

My brother needs to clear 70 grand a year to afford his house which is one step away from the repo man. My brothers work has gone down the toilet with this poor economy he isn't making no 10 grand a month like he was.

I was appologizing for jumping on your case....but if you are making $1,100 in 3 days why do you complain about not having money and the cost of living? That sounds pretty good to me! Just so you know I have a fulltime job and i actually work about 60hr a week...i am not saying you don't have a job with good benefits....i wish you the best of luck and hope you change some your outlook a little and can get a house of your own someday....

landscapesc
12-21-2009, 09:05 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM THE MEAT LOAF!!!!!

what movie guys?

Wedding Crashers....that is what i got that from....."you never know what she's doing in there....mooooom the meat loaf!"

Junior M
12-21-2009, 09:20 PM
well it looks like it had its desired effect!

Digdeep
12-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Awwww guys...its the Christmas Season...I'm so glad we can all get along. Here's to some kickin eggnog :drinkup:

And yes, I used the word Christmas on this forum because I figured that you guys wouldn't get too touch feely with that non-religious crap:)

CAT powered
12-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I believe this one explains that last sentiment.

Gravel Rat
12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
I was appologizing for jumping on your case....but if you are making $1,100 in 3 days why do you complain about not having money and the cost of living? That sounds pretty good to me! Just so you know I have a fulltime job and i actually work about 60hr a week...i am not saying you don't have a job with good benefits....i wish you the best of luck and hope you change some your outlook a little and can get a house of your own someday....

With the cost of living so high here it stresses a person out do I like living in my parents basement no not really. I would like a place where I can have a shop and work in.

My job has stress to it because one mistake I make can cost quite a few people their lives. I really don't want to say more not something I want to think about. I haven't made any mistakes in the 6 years and I don't want too.

JB1
12-21-2009, 10:30 PM
With the cost of living so high here it stresses a person out do I like living in my parents basement no not really. I would like a place where I can have a shop and work in.

My job has stress to it because one mistake I make can cost quite a few people their lives. I really don't want to say more not something I want to think about. I haven't made any mistakes in the 6 years and I don't want too.

get a few bottles of good home made wine and enjoy.

Junior M
12-21-2009, 10:32 PM
get a few bottles of good home made wine and enjoy.
he's an honest sally, doesnt drink, doesnt smoke, I dont even think he cusses..

JB1
12-21-2009, 10:34 PM
he's an honest sally, doesnt drink, doesnt smoke, I dont even think he cusses..

maybe needs to start. :)

bobcat_ron
12-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Who wants to buy a house? And pay high property taxes? No thanks, I'd rather rent.

And yes, I will move out of my parent's house befoe GR does, 2 years maybe from now, big brother is looking at buying 10 acres plus a barn and 2 houses and he wants to rent a house to me.

Gravel Rat
12-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Oh I cuss I have a pretty foul language the "F" word gets used :laugh:

I'am not reglious and I do use racial slangs.

No I can't be drinking at work you need to be alert.

Junior M
12-21-2009, 10:39 PM
maybe needs to start. :)
thats what I am sayin!

Junior M
12-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Oh I cuss I have a pretty foul language the "F" word gets used :laugh:

I'am not reglious and I do use racial slangs.

No I can't be drinking at work you need to be alert.
nobody ever said drink at work! :hammerhead:

and your starting to make it sound like your on some high profile swat team..

Hanau
12-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Who wants to buy a house? And pay high property taxes? No thanks, I'd rather rent.

It's nice to live in the USA. Property tax on my house is only $249 a year.

What I'd like to do is get into renting houses. With 3 colleges here that's where the money is at.

Buy in on houses within 6 blocks of the colleges is horrendous though.

If you finance the house you don't have all that much income, however if you can buy it for cash then you're doing good. Income plus the property appreciates.

Recently I looked at a 4 plex near LCSC in the valley. Needed a lot of work and it was still $300K. :dizzy:

Anybody here play the rental market?

nedly05
12-22-2009, 05:12 AM

What do you do GR?

Junior M
12-22-2009, 07:09 AM
What do you do GR?
He wont tell us exactly...

JB1
12-22-2009, 07:54 AM
he's undercover sent to infiltrate the lawn care forum.

YellowDogSVC
12-22-2009, 09:09 AM
It's nice to live in the USA. Property tax on my house is only $249 a year.

What I'd like to do is get into renting houses. With 3 colleges here that's where the money is at.

Buy in on houses within 6 blocks of the colleges is horrendous though.

If you finance the house you don't have all that much income, however if you can buy it for cash then you're doing good. Income plus the property appreciates.

Recently I looked at a 4 plex near LCSC in the valley. Needed a lot of work and it was still $300K. :dizzy:

Anybody here play the rental market?

glad to see you want to do it with cash! you can really build wealth that way.

Hollowellreid
12-22-2009, 12:06 PM
We do a fair bit of real estate stuff and that is what keeps us busy during the slow times. We have about 30 units throughout town. Most of them are higher end or graduate student rentals. My dad has owned these for a long long time so they are good money makers at this point. Most of the time if you are looking to finance and buy, a break even price point is all you can expect. We will usually buy things in need of major renovation and rehab and go from there.

Here are a few of the websites for some of the buildings.

http://www.theoldbrewery.org/
http://www.dexterflats.com/
http://themalloryhouse.com/

ksss
12-22-2009, 12:21 PM
nobody ever said drink at work! :hammerhead:

and your starting to make it sound like your on some high profile swat team..

I am guessing he is the Negotiator.:weightlifter: Or maybe drives the SWAT truck.

YellowDogSVC
12-22-2009, 12:23 PM
I am guessing he is the Negotiator.:weightlifter: Or maybe drives the SWAT truck.

I often stick up for GR because I understand his frustration but I wouldn't want him talking me off the ledge... :nono::laugh:

stuvecorp
12-22-2009, 01:24 PM
We do a fair bit of real estate stuff and that is what keeps us busy during the slow times. We have about 30 units throughout town. Most of them are higher end or graduate student rentals. My dad has owned these for a long long time so they are good money makers at this point. Most of the time if you are looking to finance and buy, a break even price point is all you can expect. We will usually buy things in need of major renovation and rehab and go from there.

Here are a few of the websites for some of the buildings.

http://www.theoldbrewery.org/
http://www.dexterflats.com/
http://themalloryhouse.com/

That's awesome. I like how each building has it's own website and 'personality'.

The part that makes it hard is how do you get an old building and be able to spend the money and time to make it nice?

Gravel Rat
12-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I often stick up for GR because I understand his frustration but I wouldn't want him talking me off the ledge... :nono::laugh:

I'am not that bad I don't let job stress get to me as much anymore. I really can't say what I do but it is mainly a desk job. No its not a 9 to 5 job I get up a 4am for work start work at 5:30am. Work 60 hour work weeks and it is rotational shift work so your body never gets used to the cycle. End up with lots of problems with lack of sleep. Get problems with your guts because of the shift work.

Not much choice in employment right now. Now that these private gov't power projects are starting to finish there is much out there.

YellowDogSVC
12-22-2009, 09:36 PM
I'am not that bad I don't let job stress get to me as much anymore. I really can't say what I do but it is mainly a desk job. No its not a 9 to 5 job I get up a 4am for work start work at 5:30am. Work 60 hour work weeks and it is rotational shift work so your body never gets used to the cycle. End up with lots of problems with lack of sleep. Get problems with your guts because of the shift work.

Not much choice in employment right now. Now that these private gov't power projects are starting to finish there is much out there.

working for the govt. must suck on occasion.

Even a rotational schedule would play hectic with my free spirit. I'm never late, anywhere, but I also don't where a watch..go figure. If I had to do shift work, I'd probably end up late!

Gravel Rat
12-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Shift work sucks I know how nurses and anybody that works in a hospital feels.

I read somethings that Worksafe B.C. recommends for people working rotational shift work and its helping. Not much you can do about the body clock getting screwed up.

It is one of things that makes me a little cranky is your constantly tired you really never catch up on your :sleeping:

YellowDogSVC
12-23-2009, 03:03 AM
Shift work sucks I know how nurses and anybody that works in a hospital feels.

I read somethings that Worksafe B.C. recommends for people working rotational shift work and its helping. Not much you can do about the body clock getting screwed up.

It is one of things that makes me a little cranky is your constantly tired you really never catch up on your :sleeping:

I got fat working shift work. Hated it when I worked at night. If I worked in a brick and mortar building, I'd vary my hours. I know people who do that and it helps them keep their sanity.
Still working for someone else just isn't my cup of tea unless it's outside. I helped some tree guys move a large tree to plant today. Though they had the physical end of it ( I was in bobcat with forks), I envied them being in the cool, fresh air. Though I love an enclosed cab, I sometimes miss the cool, fresh breeze of an open cab. My windows are glued shut to keep the dust out when grinding..
At least when the excavator work picks up I can work with the doors open. I got to do that in the fall and it was nice. Hard to do sitting at a desk! :cry:

Gravel Rat
12-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Oh I'am a little over weight like 15 pounds I'am definatly not 170 pounds like I used to be :laugh:

Hollowellreid
12-23-2009, 01:03 PM
That's awesome. I like how each building has it's own website and 'personality'.

The part that makes it hard is how do you get an old building and be able to spend the money and time to make it nice?

We spend time doing things like this when we are slow. We don't do snow removal in the winter and things on the contracting side really slow down, so this is a good way to stay busy. The money issue is really kind of an interesting one. It usually comes out of the other businesses, it's kind of a big accounting nightmare but it keeps from having to pay large amounts of taxes on profits from the older businesses that produce lots of positive cashflow (most of the older buildings are paid for or almost paid for..)