PDA

View Full Version : Loegering VTS tracks

RockSet N' Grade
12-21-2009, 09:17 PM
I have a VTS track system on my skid. Getting close to rubberband replacement. Are there aftermarket suppliers of tracks or do you have to buy Loegering? I checked on price from Loegering and they are pretty proud....for a 12" track for my Gehl 5640T they want $1,921 each plus freight. Any thoughts ideas out there? Ktraxx.......any thoughts?

stuvecorp
12-21-2009, 09:48 PM
I talked to KR awhile ago and he might have some different brand or tread that was interesting. I know he has been crazy busy, will pm you his email if you want.

RockSet N' Grade
12-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks Stuve.......emailed KR........will report back, if and when.......

Premier Landscaping
12-21-2009, 10:39 PM
I just got a set of replacement tracks from KRtraxx for my 59 link VTS system. He got me a pair of the Mclaren Nexgen TDF tracks. I think they are one of the first sets to go out for VTS systems. I have not driven with them yet. You have to unbolt the system to take the front hub out to get them on, and as much as I wanted to put them back on to drive them around and see how they were I just put the tires on for snow and will have to wait until March to see how they ride. The tracks look very nice though and should have a lot smother ride then the originals.

stuvecorp
12-21-2009, 11:12 PM
I just got a set of replacement tracks from KRtraxx for my 59 link VTS system. He got me a pair of the Mclaren Nexgen TDF tracks. I think they are one of the first sets to go out for VTS systems. I have not driven with them yet. You have to unbolt the system to take the front hub out to get them on, and as much as I wanted to put them back on to drive them around and see how they were I just put the tires on for snow and will have to wait until March to see how they ride. The tracks look very nice though and should have a lot smother ride then the originals.

Are those more like an ASV/Cat track? I have the old 'blocky' style and are rough when running two speed.

ksss
12-22-2009, 12:53 AM

Can you post a picture of the tread? I will be in RSG shoes next year. I about fell over when he told me what they cost from Loegren

Premier Landscaping
12-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Here is a link for the tracks http://www.mclarenusa.com/nextgen-tdf/nextgen-tdf-series-track-loader-rubber-tracks.html I will try and snap a few pics today when I am at the shop of them as well.

NEUSWEDE
12-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Can you post a picture of the tread? I will be in RSG shoes next year. I about fell over when he told me what they cost from Loegren

What is the cost? I am about ready for a new set contacted him the other day for the replacements but would rather have those next gens.

ksss
12-22-2009, 10:46 AM
What is the cost? I am about ready for a new set contacted him the other day for the replacements but would rather have those next gens.

He was quoted $1850 or so for 15" plus $300.00 shippinng. So 2K a piece. That is pretty steep. I have the 18" tracks so they would likely be more yet. I also want the new tread design if I go to the VTS OEM track. That old style blocky tread is a vibration producing tread.

ksss
12-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Here is a link for the tracks http://www.mclarenusa.com/nextgen-tdf/nextgen-tdf-series-track-loader-rubber-tracks.html I will try and snap a few pics today when I am at the shop of them as well.

I watched the video, I agree with Swede I think I would rather have those. I would like to hear from someone who runs that track, it would appear to me that it would perform well in snow as well. What was the cost of these from Mc Laren?

bobcat_ron
12-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Got to love Mclarens' video's they depict some really stupid operators, "hey Phil, how about going right over that pile of broken concrete and rubble, yeah, yeah, never mind going around it, f**k it, just go over it".

I wonder how Takeuchi OEM tracks stack up to Mclarens?

ksss
12-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Got to love Mclarens' video's they depict some really stupid operators, "hey Phil, how about going right over that pile of broken concrete and rubble, yeah, yeah, never mind going around it, f**k it, just go over it".

I wonder how Takeuchi OEM tracks stack up to Mclarens?

TK uses Bridgestone tracks. I get great life out of my excavator tracks. I should get pretty close to 2K. My last TK had 1500 hours when I traded and they were about 80% shot. I have 1000 on this machine and I have at least 60%. They sure are rough riding though.

Nelson M Martin
12-22-2009, 09:39 PM
I watched the video, I agree with Swede I think I would rather have those. I would like to hear from someone who runs that track, it would appear to me that it would perform well in snow as well. What was the cost of these from Mc Laren?

I run Mclaren on my T320...just love um in snow
Also had them on my previous t300
the following 2 videos are the T300 with mclaren working on about 3 - 4% slope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcupDenb5Hk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8F0dd2kk8

dozerman21
12-22-2009, 09:50 PM
He was quoted $1850 or so for 15" plus $300.00 shippinng. So 2K a piece. That is pretty steep. I have the 18" tracks so they would likely be more yet. I also want the new tread design if I go to the VTS OEM track. That old style blocky tread is a vibration producing tread.

Are the 18" tracks what Loegering makes for the 440, or could you have gone with the 15" tracks?

How many realistic hours are you guys getting out of the VTS bands before you have to replace them?

DUSTYCEDAR
12-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Got to get a price for the cat 277b
thanks for the link

stuvecorp
12-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Are the 18" tracks what Loegering makes for the 440, or could you have gone with the 15" tracks?

How many realistic hours are you guys getting out of the VTS bands before you have to replace them?

I have heard you could put on the 'mid-size' frame on the 440 that uses the 15" track, I have an 18" 'big-size' frame. I wish I knew how many hours were on the VTS before I got them so I knew how many hours they can last.

NEUSWEDE
12-22-2009, 10:26 PM
I have heard you could put on the 'mid-size' frame on the 440 that uses the 15" track, I have an 18" 'big-size' frame. I wish I knew how many hours were on the VTS before I got them so I knew how many hours they can last.

Stuve I'm in the same boat got mine used a year ago have about 200 hours on them. The cracks seem to be getting worse so I am thinking about getting a set to prepare for the inevitable.

AMCAT
12-23-2009, 08:14 AM
I have a set of 18"x56L VTS tracks forsale if anyone has an interest in them the Belts are in decent shape outside chewed up a little where the rollers run on the inside and the as far as the rollers one bottom roller is missing few others need bearings i also have another set for parts with 1 good belt also 56Link x18" could make one good set or sell parts or just sell the belts whatever you may need !!!

Premier Landscaping
12-23-2009, 08:20 AM
I am not sure what the pricing will be on the Mclarens. I know I got a special promotional price, and had to agree to give them updates every couple hundred hours on how they were wearing.

You should be able to get at least 1200 hours on the original tracks used on the vts. I as well got both of my sets used, and the ones that just got replaced they claimed had 400 hours on them when I got them, and they were cracked extremely bad when I got them and didn't think they would last long but I put 900 hours on them before the left side ripped halfways across. My other vts has the new style loegering tracks with the C pattern and they are a little smoother then the original but still not as smooth as I hope the Mclarens are. I hate vibration, before I went out on my own 3 years ago I ran a 277B for my old boss and I love the ride of that machine. The new style C pattern tracks do not crack as bad for sure I put 300 hours on them this year and I'm not sure how many were on when I got them, but there are very few cracks in them.

AMCAT
12-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Forgot to add the set of tracks in the pictures in previous post have about 400 hours on them have not seen cracks yet i think they are a better track then the old style also these have been thru gravel 'sand and the worst they were not just light use either :weightlifter:

stuvecorp
02-14-2010, 09:39 PM
I got some pictures from Dale(KRTraxx) of the new Solideal tracks for the VTS. He thought there was not as much vibration as the old track patterns. I'll be curious how these wear and what the cost comes too.

bishoplandscape
02-14-2010, 09:54 PM
We love our vts system

stuvecorp
02-14-2010, 10:47 PM
We love our vts system

What machine do you have them on?

P.Services
02-14-2010, 11:22 PM
We love our vts system

holy shet he lives!!!!!! i saw your machine with the vts on back in the spring, nice rig.

i dont know about those solideal tracks though, i find the insides tend to chunk out alot. I know my new set did and i dont have but a hundred hours on them and have never run them in any crushed stone.

P.Services
02-14-2010, 11:25 PM
shoot i re-read that, if you havnt bought them i would highly advise you not to. I have a nice little pile of solideal tracks with 90% or better tread that are useless sitting by the shop.

im gona go with the cheap ones on ebay for a grand a pop. at that rate i could do a set a year and not walk with a limp.

stuvecorp
02-15-2010, 12:26 AM
shoot i re-read that, if you havnt bought them i would highly advise you not to. I have a nice little pile of solideal tracks with 90% or better tread that are useless sitting by the shop.

im gona go with the cheap ones on ebay for a grand a pop. at that rate i could do a set a year and not walk with a limp.

I probably am a year or two from needing replacement tracks but I like the tread of these Solideals. We will see how they last for the guys that are getting them now. I wanted to go through my VTS this winter and sandblast/paint and just check them out but will wait till next winter. I do think the front torsion thingy is wearing out some so that will get replaced at that time to.

bobcat_ron
02-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Good luck with the Solid deals, cheap, cheap rubber, those are the exact same tracks as our nursery customer had on their T300 and they only lasted 600 hours, the steel imbeds either broke or bent and the rubber chunked big time.

But hey, at least they saved $1000!

NEUSWEDE
02-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Look good for year round but I like the classic pattern for earth work. Been waiting for Dale to get back to me now for a month on a price for replacement tracks so I have a set around for when mine do go.

bishoplandscape
02-15-2010, 04:50 PM
We don't use the solideal tracks. Have them on a case 440 series 3.

[QUOTE=Picasso;3417517]holy shet he lives!!!!!!
Thats funny I'm always around. In fact heard you were talking to my buddies at lush lawn they gonna push some stuff your way.

stuvecorp
02-15-2010, 05:32 PM

Nice, you have the right brand and a S3 even! You can't get Picasso to try PowerTan?

You have the narrow track VTS, how do you like them? How wide are they? Do you feel like you can get the power to the ground?

P.Services
02-15-2010, 06:16 PM

[QUOTE=Picasso;3417517]holy shet he lives!!!!!!
Thats funny I'm always around. In fact heard you were talking to my buddies at lush lawn they gonna push some stuff your way.

You didn't hear that, you saw my truck as you were pulling out the other night. I saw you leaving.
Posted via Mobile Device

bishoplandscape
02-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Nice, you have the right brand and a S3 even! You can't get Picasso to try PowerTan?

You have the narrow track VTS, how do you like them? How wide are they? Do you feel like you can get the power to the ground?

They have been real good such improved traction, flotation. I was highly recommended the smaller set because of a larger company breaking their axles with the large set and I didn't want to be any wider their 12 inches wide. the only down side they don't make replacement rubber in aftermarket.

stuvecorp
02-16-2010, 12:37 AM
They have been real good such improved traction, flotation. I was highly recommended the smaller set because of a larger company breaking their axles with the large set and I didn't want to be any wider their 12 inches wide. the only down side they don't make replacement rubber in aftermarket.

I have a theory that you could get the machine with VTS(12" set) down to 66" wide, am I close? Do you feel you are lacking any floatation with the narrower set? I really want to get a 410 and a 12" VTS for a small machine.

bishoplandscape
02-16-2010, 12:58 AM
I have a theory that you could get the machine with VTS(12" set) down to 66" wide, am I close? Do you feel you are lacking any floatation with the narrower set? I really want to get a 410 and a 12" VTS for a small machine.

Im not sure I guess it would depend on the wheel base mine is just over 72" with the 12" set. And with the way you can feel the stress on the axles I wouldn't put the 18 inch ones on it. Granted it would be a beast. We have ran through some swampy situations and was real impressed.

RockSet N' Grade
02-16-2010, 07:31 AM
rubbertrackdepot.com offers a 12" replacement track for vts. great price of $969 per track delievered. do not know of the quality. as always, buyer beware.

bishoplandscape
02-16-2010, 01:20 PM
rubbertrackdepot.com offers a 12" replacement track for vts. great price of $969 per track delievered. do not know of the quality. as always, buyer beware.

Funny I just called after I seen this and they say they only carry the 18" tracks for the vts and thats all they can get. Also no undercarriage parts who gave you a price? Ive checked all over and had to buy oem tracks because the small tracks are such a rare size they don't make aftermarket.

syzer
02-16-2010, 09:44 PM
We have the VTS on our 440 based on recommendations from this site. Everyone I spoke to locally dogged them, but none had experience.

After putting them on, all I can say is WOW! The machine is absolutely incredible and I dont think I could ask for more.

The Thursday before last I bought a 2006 Takeuchi TL140 because of a blizzard we had coming. Very nice machine, but I have to say, and sorry to all the Takki fans, I already have it sold =). The machine is absolutely night and day from the 440 with the VTS. We had pusher boxes on both machines, and also 8' front dump buckets. The case worked that Takki into the ground.

So now I am looking for a nice 440 series three with pilot controls to put some VTS on because that Takki just cant cut it compared to the 440. It was inferior with power, speed, and traction, I mean not even close I was shocked!

Here was a quick video, they werent moving fast due to ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DBhFejgdo

stuvecorp
02-16-2010, 10:08 PM
We have the VTS on our 440 based on recommendations from this site. Everyone I spoke to locally dogged them, but none had experience.

After putting them on, all I can say is WOW! The machine is absolutely incredible and I dont think I could ask for more.

The Thursday before last I bought a 2006 Takeuchi TL140 because of a blizzard we had coming. Very nice machine, but I have to say, and sorry to all the Takki fans, I already have it sold =). The machine is absolutely night and day from the 440 with the VTS. We had pusher boxes on both machines, and also 8' front dump buckets. The case worked that Takki into the ground.

So now I am looking for a nice 440 series three with pilot controls to put some VTS on because that Takki just cant cut it compared to the 440. It was inferior with power, speed, and traction, I mean not even close I was shocked!

Here was a quick video, they werent moving fast due to ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DBhFejgdo

Lucky for you that you could get rid of the Tak.:(

syzer
02-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Lucky for you that you could get rid of the Tak.:(

Ya, just lucked out, I had planned on sitting on it and just waiting since Im not in a rush. Just so happened a brother of a friend was looking for exactly this machine. Im still floored about the difference in performance! I keep telling my dealer to come down and run the 440 to see what a real machine performs like =).

stuvecorp
02-16-2010, 10:33 PM
Ya, just lucked out, I had planned on sitting on it and just waiting since Im not in a rush. Just so happened a brother of a friend was looking for exactly this machine. Im still floored about the difference in performance! I keep telling my dealer to come down and run the 440 to see what a real machine performs like =).

Can you imagine what it would be like if Case would get rid of the CTL versions and embrace the VTS? Actually engineer the 440(or other sizes too) to handle the VTS and not have to worry about anything?

syzer
02-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Can you imagine what it would be like if Case would get rid of the CTL versions and embrace the VTS? Actually engineer the 440(or other sizes too) to handle the VTS and not have to worry about anything?

That would be awesome! Its funny looking at how drastic the difference in performance was, then looking at all the track machines they are all basically the same style track system. I can only assume the VTS would equally shame the others including the case track machine. You would figure someone somewhere in these companies would pick up on this.

stuvecorp
02-16-2010, 11:30 PM

Have you ran a S3 yet? They are nice and yet I could be convinced to sending it down to you.:laugh:

P.Services
02-16-2010, 11:53 PM
what makes a vts so much better? what exactly does it do that makes it so much better?

maybe on snow but im talking in the dirt, does it push harder or what?

guys that go from wheels to vts and can see how they would be amazed but my ct332 goes through anything and pushes like a train. I dont see how it could be "so much" better???

stuvecorp
02-17-2010, 12:12 AM
what makes a vts so much better? what exactly does it do that makes it so much better?

maybe on snow but im talking in the dirt, does it push harder or what?

guys that go from wheels to vts and can see how they would be amazed but my ct332 goes through anything and pushes like a train. I dont see how it could be "so much" better???

Think of it as the ride of a ASV/Cat MTL but with the pushing ability of a CTL. It also lengthens your footprint so lifting is way better and stability is better. It 'attacks' mud real well also.

ksss
02-17-2010, 12:52 PM
I ran a 440CT against a TK 140 and the 440 was the stronger machine. Granted this wasn't VTS but CTL. The 440 is really a great machine in either tracks or wheels. All the engine power of a 465 in a easy to use, convenient size.

ksss
02-17-2010, 12:56 PM
That would be awesome! Its funny looking at how drastic the difference in performance was, then looking at all the track machines they are all basically the same style track system. I can only assume the VTS would equally shame the others including the case track machine. You would figure someone somewhere in these companies would pick up on this.

They were on top of the VTS from the start. With CAT being involved with Loegering they willl never fully endorse them.