PDA

View Full Version : Selling a machine 35years Old!!!!

Construct'O
12-21-2009, 10:11 PM
I just sold my old,old trencher(tiling drainage machine) that will be 35 years old here in a couple weeks!I have owned it for almost 22 of those years:dizzy:

No it is not going into retirement or me,it is actually going to someone else that needs to have it work for them and pay it way still.

I think that is quit remarkable in this day and age?Reason being that there actually is and was a limited number of them built and still being built today.

Not that many manufacters still today and they only average about 12 machine(one brand) a year today.

Just thought i would share.Anyone else sell or use older machines in this age bracket,and trying to make a living with them??????:usflag:

stuvecorp
12-21-2009, 10:17 PM
That is cool the machine is still paying its way. How many hours does it have?

Construct'O
12-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Here's a pic of the old "girl" actually i hate to see it go,but time to move on with life.Kind of like me out with the old and in with the new:laugh:

Another fact i even sold it for twice as much as i gave for it all those years ago:cool2:

It has took a beating and still ticking,just like the old Timex:weightlifter:(time watch for you young guys):waving::usflag:

stuvecorp
12-21-2009, 10:52 PM
That's pretty good ROI plus all the tile put down those years.

Stick Pro
12-21-2009, 10:58 PM
We run our 613 and 613B elevating scraper almost every day. our 613 was made in 1972 and our b was 1978. They bolth work 4 days a week strong running machines, would never thing about getting rid of them. Will snap some pics tomorrow

Construct'O
12-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Stu the hour meter was broke at 2500,but has been a long time ago.Actually you don't put that many hours on the tiling machine a year.

My other older machine i have only put 500 hours on it in three years!

It's not the hours you put on them it's how many feet of drainage tile you put in,in an hour.

In the last four jobs i did with the old machine i put close to 28,000 ft. of drainage tile in.At around 80 cent a ft.(just for the digging) ,you do the match!!!!!!!!

How many machine 35 years old can you do that with:confused:

This is small scale to what most trenching,and plows will install.

My new machine i called Alberta,but this one i called "Old Faithful"getting a little tearing eyed thinking about it:usflag:

stuvecorp
12-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I didn't think about that - it is the feet trenched that is important. I don't blame you for feeling bad on sending it down the road after that long.

Trenching must be a big thing down there?(I did the math):)

93turbo
12-22-2009, 02:01 AM
I gotta get some pics of my ol witch she looks pretty good for her age shes an R65 ditchwitch 1979 and shes my main ditching machine at 600' in a couple hours it don't take long to get stuff done

AMCAT
12-22-2009, 09:51 AM
How did you get along with the driptroit in that machine looks to me like a 453 or a 471 to far away to see :)
They seem to run a long time even tho they are know for leakin oil ( as the saying goes if there's no oil outside then there sure aint any inside :)

rocketranger289
12-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Here is my 1976 Case 1845 that I bought two years ago and use it to carry hay bales to the beef and some digging on my farm. I've also made or modified all the attachments for it and just bought a Davis D-100 backhoe that I'm going to use on it. It is a gas machine and I installed the auxiliary hydraulics on it last year.

Construct'O
12-23-2009, 05:52 PM
It was icy this morning and had to load the machine.Just like i like it "no stress" for the old man!!!!!!!!

Things went good, three snorts of etyhel and she was up and running:) as usual on a cold morning.

Lowboy was skip ,but doable,just took a couple shoots of getting things lined up straight.

Anyway she on her way east bound and down:laugh:

Yeah she's a 471 with a little leakage,but she sure sipped the fuel.Could run two long days on a tank of fuel and have fuel left over.:dancing:

Trailer was a little over kill 60 ton+ (beam)trailer to haul a 21,000lb trencher:laugh::usflag:

Stick Pro
01-02-2010, 04:15 PM
My 613 was finally in the yard this weekend. Love this machine they dont make them like they used to.

stuvecorp
01-02-2010, 04:35 PM
I like those old scrapers.