PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding Trailer

MLAWCARE
12-22-2009, 01:23 AM
I am taking my trailer in this winter to get it stripped down repainted, new pressure treated lumber, and new tires. It is a 18 foot duel axle trailer. I am somewhat new at this and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that I should do with my trailer like adding racks or anything. Thanks

Lawn Man Dave
12-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Best advise I can give to to make sure they do a good job painting it......... in other word's don't have them paint bare metal.... spray primer first and it will last a lot longer.... some guys use racks some guys just put the weedeaters and all in the bed of the truck.

LindblomRJ
12-22-2009, 07:17 PM
I would use a good equipment enamel paint. A good primer coat is a must have. What are you using the trailer for? For mowing operation. I would mount whatever trimmer blower racks etc on the right side of the trailer. It is best to have it closest to where you work and you are not placing yourself into traffic.

If I was hauling mowers I would also think of tiedowns to secure your mowers. It comes down to preferences and what you would like. Maybe look around here a bit, also think about what you would like to accomplish.

MLAWCARE
12-23-2009, 01:48 AM
Best advise I can give to to make sure they do a good job painting it......... in other word's don't have them paint bare metal.... spray primer first and it will last a lot longer.... some guys use racks some guys just put the weedeaters and all in the bed of the truck.

Thanks and I do put my trimmers in my truck and it has a camper shell so I can lock it up during the day and night.

MikeKle
12-23-2009, 03:37 PM
If you can afford it, instead of having it painted, have that rhino liner stuff sprayed on. Your trailer would last forever with that stuff.