PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone on here make me a logo?

buffalonick
12-23-2009, 02:53 AM
Hey just like it says can anyone on here make me a logo for my business cards, website and paperwork? The company Name is Nickel City Outdoor Services, in Buffalo ny. I dont wanna spend an arm and a leg just want something simple.

RodneyK
12-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Used to work at an advertising agency and could put one together for you but it would probably be more than you want to spend. I usually charge about $1200. Sounds like a lot but I ask alot of questions to make sure the look lines up with what your company is really about. That discussion helps you to realize your usp's or lack there of. In the end you have a logo and also a better understanding of how to market yourself.

If you don't use me I understand but please use a pro! This is your first impression. Someone on this site will think they are a professional designer and offer to do one for $50 - $100 and you will get what you pay for! It might look great on the web or on letterhead but then when it shrinks down to a biz card it will be hard to read or it won't fax well, or it won't look good on a shirt. Or there will be extra colors that will cost you extra everytime you need to print something. These are all the things a pro thinks of when designing.

One way to get several looks from so-so pro designers you could use a site like this if you don't want to spend much:

http://www.logodesignpros.com/

Never used them so I can't say they will do a great job but it is an option...

NEWGUYRI
12-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Contact Bob at plan-itgraphics.com/
he designed my logo shown in sig for $50. He was awesome and did like 4 revisions, for only 50, then he sent me a CD with my logos and 10 different file formats.

JFGauvreau
12-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Ya there is a lot of professionals that does them for like 150$. but 1200$.. thats way overpriced.

RodneyK
12-23-2009, 04:25 PM
I can have the kid down the street cut my lawn for $15 and a pro do it for $45. We all know there will be a big difference on that one. This is harder to explain and if you look at it as just a commodity (the logo design) than I am crazy at my price. But, I am not crazy I just approach it differently and much more involved than a guy going what color do you like? Thus, it takes much more time and time is money… In the end I am not a good fit for this sort of thing. I shouldn't have even replied...

plan-itgraphics.com has some ok stuff and some not so ok stuff. For $50 it is a good deal. They loss lead the logos to get the other work. If it comes down to a couple different looks I would be happy to let you know my thoughts. For free of course!

NEWGUYRI
12-23-2009, 04:46 PM
yeah, I agree, but for $50 I am completely satisfied. My logo looks professional, and came out exactly how I imagined.

JayD
12-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Contact Bob at plan-itgraphics.com/
he designed my logo shown in sig for $50. He was awesome and did like 4 revisions, for only 50, then he sent me a CD with my logos and 10 different file formats.

I very much agree here!
Bob does great work, I just had some things done by him and when I get them I will post so you can see...