PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Ideas for 2010 - Anyone ?

seolatlanta
12-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I was thinking about my marketing plan for 2010 and I am trying to figure out which direction to go.

A few years ago I would have done an RSVP or City Publications card deck , which were 50K cards going to a zone where the income is over $125 k.
I would get quite a few calls from those and grew a lot of business from those.The cost for that was over $3k. That gets to be expensive through the whole year esp if you do a couple of zones for each season , which is real easy here in Atlanta due to the urban sprawl factor here.

Anyway what i am getting at is where would you spend $3k right now if that was your budget? Internet stuff , website(s) , Google and Yahoo ads , direct mail , whatever ?

Let me know your ideas , lets hear it!

Classic Lighting
12-23-2009, 10:12 PM
My marketing focus for 2010 will be improvements and additions to my website and lettering the enclosed trailer.
I tried direct mailers last year with minimal response. I barely broke even with the targeted areas.
My New Years resolution is to frequently contact current/past customers and keep my name fresh in their head. I am also focusing on upselling and reminding customers that I am always looking for new leads.
I am not expecting a banner year with the current economy, just trying to maintain what I did in 2009.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-24-2009, 06:32 AM
David. If I had $3k to spend on marketing for 2010, I would use some Winter slow time to enhance my contact lists and networks, then develop a nice e-newsletter template that could be updated (monthly/quarterly) to send out to all of my clients and contacts.

This can mostly be done inhouse for very little money.

Take the rest and invest it in a "Remarkable Campaign". One that will make people talk about you in your market place. There are many ways to achieve this.

Regards

Lite4
12-24-2009, 03:07 PM
We have another mailing going out 2nd week of January. (probably about 15k pieces of 4 x 6 cards). I have never done a mailing at this time of year, but then I have never been with a company who believes in relentless marketing either. I think we are going to incentivise new installations until the end of February.