PDA

View Full Version : Snow Pics

mudmaker
12-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Here are some pics of our morning moving snow. Nice little storm, dropped 8-10 inches last night. Calling for a few more tonight so hopefully I get to go push some more tomorrow.:)

stuvecorp
12-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I like that 624, those J series are nice.

Hanau
12-23-2009, 10:36 PM
All I've been getting is rain. It's rained so much I'm about ready to build an Ark.

Junior M
12-23-2009, 10:39 PM
All I've been getting is rain. It's rained so much I'm about ready to build an Ark.
remove the grader blade and you got the perfect trailer to move it around with!

Hanau
12-23-2009, 10:43 PM
remove the grader blade and you got the perfect trailer to move it around with!
Should I act all butt hurt and tell you that joke was old a month ago?

Nah, I'll be the bigger man.

Junior M
12-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Should I act all butt hurt and tell you that joke was old a month ago?

Nah, I'll be the bigger man.
well, my joke is funny to everyone and it isnt the same everytime its told.

So suck on that one..

mudmaker
12-23-2009, 10:47 PM
I like that 624, those J series are nice.

That is a nice loader. The contractor I work sub to has a couple of those rented for the winter. That thing was sliding around just as bad as my backhoe today, it was an ice rink!!

mrsops
12-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Nice pics mudmaker. Let me guess the case skid steer broke down so the operater jumped in the REAL MACHINE BOBCAT :weightlifter:

bobcat_ron
12-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Keep those snow pics away from me, it's scaring me.

Hanau
12-23-2009, 11:07 PM
So suck on that one..

$120 an hour and I'll suck on anything you want.

By I'll I mean an employee with a rented trash pump

mudmaker
12-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Nice pics mudmaker. Let me guess the case skid steer broke down so the operater jumped in the REAL MACHINE BOBCAT :weightlifter:

that would be a wrong guess!! The bobcat is another contractor. There are three skids (my case, a bobcat and a cat) two backhoes (my 310SG and a 580k) and the 624j on site normally. All except the 624 are subs.
Posted via Mobile Device

mrsops
12-23-2009, 11:21 PM
that would be a wrong guess!! The bobcat is another contractor. There are three skids (my case, a bobcat and a cat) two backhoes (my 310SG and a 580k) and the 624j on site normally. All except the 624 are subs.
Posted via Mobile Device

I tried :laugh:

Bleed Green
12-23-2009, 11:37 PM

Thats all were getting too. They are calling for rain tomorrow, it never snows here seems to always go around us.

DirtMerchant
12-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Snow is coming to the pacific north west. Either that or I'm going to need to find a job.

mudmaker
12-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Here are some pics of Christmas Eve. Did our normal shopping center and then got called to go to local high school and clear it off. They normally clear it with plows, but beings they didn't get it when if first fell the snow was too packed to move with the pickups. It had been driven on so it was packed.

The last two pics of the pile of snow don't do it justice!! That thing is huge! I was pretty proud of it!LOL!

YellowDogSVC
12-25-2009, 08:43 PM
okay, being from the south, where do you put all the snow? I mean, after a while, you have a mountain, right? Even if you haul it off, where do you dump it? Does anyone notice? :)

bobcat_ron
12-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Pushing snow in an open ROPS on a skid steer, man that's hard core.

Tigerotor77W
12-25-2009, 08:55 PM
okay, being from the south, where do you put all the snow? I mean, after a while, you have a mountain, right? Even if you haul it off, where do you dump it? Does anyone notice? :)

In Chicago, the DOT dumps it in open areas. Other places vary.

In HS lots or in subdivisions, it just got piled up. Where I used to live, for instance, would have three or four main piles (from the street/excess driveway snow), and next to each driveway would have a big snow pile.

Where I live now, I got a foot pretty much across my entire driveway... driveway is about 30x20, so we're talking 600 cubic feet of snow (all shoveled by hand). It's all along the two sides of my driveway. Unless it snows again, in which case I'll have to take shove some of those snow mounds further into my lawn, we just let the snow melt. It provides great insulation for the grass underneath; wind chill here (today) was -3!

mudmaker
12-25-2009, 09:20 PM

At the shopping center we do they haul it off to a couple of vacant lots on site if needed. I don't have a clue if they will do anything with the piles at the high school we just did

It's not that bad. Although the night it was 17 below was a little rough. I did put some plexi glass on the sides and back to keep the wind from blowing thru. I need to rig up a front door for it and then we will be right up town!LOL!

mrsops
12-26-2009, 01:24 AM

My father and a few of the guys back in the day used to plow with open cabs.. They would have blankets covering them :laugh:

stuvecorp
12-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Does your 1845 have that heater up front? That was the only thing that allowed me to tolerate the cold. We also put snowmobile handwarmers on it, the wires broke but that was toasty when it worked.

mudmaker
12-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Does your 1845 have that heater up front? That was the only thing that allowed me to tolerate the cold. We also put snowmobile handwarmers on it, the wires broke but that was toasty when it worked.

I just ordered a heater for the front. Should be here next week. The hand warmers are a good idea, may have to look into that.

This is the first winter I have actually used it for snow removal. Normally the skid sits during the winter so I never really figured I needed an enclosed cab. One of these days I'll update to a newer enclosed machine.

Once I get the heater in I am going to fab up a door of some sort so maybe it wont be so bad.

stuvecorp
12-26-2009, 05:15 PM
I just ordered a heater for the front. Should be here next week. The hand warmers are a good idea, may have to look into that.

This is the first winter I have actually used it for snow removal. Normally the skid sits during the winter so I never really figured I needed an enclosed cab. One of these days I'll update to a newer enclosed machine.

Once I get the heater in I am going to fab up a door of some sort so maybe it wont be so bad.

The handwarmers they found slipped right on, it was really nice. The only problem was where the wires came off the rubber broke from the side to side motion. I honestly would like to have a heated joystick/lever on a newer machine.

You need a S3, the 1845's are nice but once you roll a newer one you would be very happy.